Campaign comedy from SNL, Late Night, etc. megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:26:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Campaign comedy from SNL, Late Night, etc. megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Campaign comedy from SNL, Late Night, etc. megathread  (Read 3520 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« on: October 09, 2016, 01:16:57 AM »
« edited: October 09, 2016, 01:22:50 AM by Lyin' Steve »

What's up with the whole "old, rich white dudes" thing?  It just completely takes me out of the skit when they stop doing comedy and start doing liberal identity politics trash.  Tina Fey was being funny and then just broke into this screed against "old white guys" for about ten seconds while old rich white guy Jimmy Fallon uncomfortably sat there.  I know it's SNL and they have this weird race humor, but still, it's just so tiresome, the whole "oh when we say old white guy we mean Donald Sterling, not Lorne or Jimmy" thing. 

Also, the first joke of the program was just weird.  "I'm the new hispanic cast member, and tonight I'll be playing asian moderator Elaine Quijano, because, baby steps."  what does that even mean?  Baby steps towards what?  Does she feel like playing an asian is beneath her?
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 01:47:59 AM »

The baby step was the show having an hispanic cast member.

It's pretty clear from the syntax of the sentence that "because" is connected to her playing an asian, like she's explaining the casting of her in the role of an asian as baby steps.

Also isn't Fred Armisen hispanic?  I always got kind of a Brazilian vibe from him.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 12:42:57 AM »

They need to open the next debate to that music they played during the opening of the opening skit on SNL, it really reflects the mood.

https://youtu.be/N7ocn2W1L1w

Nah, just stick to Hillary's triump theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSgaMycEh5A
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 01:48:40 AM »

They should've had Clinton come out wearing a blue bathrobe.  Not only would it be in line with the "just don't give a f**k" attitude they've been having McKinnon play, but also that Ralph Lauren coat she was wearing totally looked like a bathrobe.  The lapels were just too big, and it was weirdly open and low-cut.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies