Bloomberg's Arthimetic on Voters in swing states
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:23:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bloomberg's Arthimetic on Voters in swing states
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bloomberg's Arthimetic on Voters in swing states  (Read 316 times)
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 29, 2016, 07:50:06 AM »

I've been finding these interesting,  I don't know if they were posted anywhere else though.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/special-reports/battlegrounds-2016

Some of them are kind of eye opening, like I didn't realize how small the Republican "voter base" is in Michigan, especially considering they hold so many state offices.

Also New Hampshire, apparently, has quite a large Republican base,  and it seems the primary focus here is GOTV efforts more than persuasion.  Ohio is the exact opposite,  neither party has a large enough base to ensure victory, so both sides need to focus heavily on the swing voters.

I guess North Carolina was a bit surprising too,  and maybe hard to believe.

I'll be Interested to see places like Florida, Virginia, and Colorado get done in the coming weeks.    Is this the kind of things the campaigns focus on mostly?   They probably have way more exact data to work with then anything we'll see.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 07:55:32 AM »

I wonder if this is similar to the data Plouffe has, which is making him predict a 100% certainty Clinton win?
HillOfANight
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 08:02:22 AM »

The math, assuming it's accurate, looks good in Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, assuming the GOTV works.

Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 08:23:15 AM »

It really seems like the primary way for the Republicans to win is to convert previously Democratic voters over to Trump,  winning over the swing voters really doesn't seem like enough in a lot of places.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 09:28:54 AM »

It really seems like the primary way for the Republicans to win is to convert previously Democratic voters over to Trump,  winning over the swing voters really doesn't seem like enough in a lot of places.
<-  Smiley
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 09:43:25 AM »

It really seems like the primary way for the Republicans to win is to convert previously Democratic voters over to Trump,  winning over the swing voters really doesn't seem like enough in a lot of places.
<-  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies