Democratic Trump equivalent? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:18:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Trump equivalent? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Trump equivalent?  (Read 2691 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« on: September 29, 2016, 02:05:37 PM »

It's a big stretch, because the guy despises the Democrats, but how about Howard Stern?

Stern could enter the Democratic primaries as an outsider who speaks his mind, is an egotistical media wh***, claims the party has abandoned and embarrassed the people, and runs as a champion of the people.

1. Experience playing the media and promoting himself? Check.
2. Gets away with saying outrageous things? Check.
3. Crass, vulgar and un-presidential? Check.
4. Wouldn't really belong in his party? Check.
5. Has had past political aspirations? Check.
6. Has massive "guy appeal?" Check.
7. Is kind of a bully? Check.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 03:55:43 PM »

Trump could have won the Democratic nomination with his trade and foreign policy positions if he hadn't done the Birther schtick.  He'd have to have run a different kind of campaign, however, and it would have had to be in a year where the Democrats felt a bit hard-pressed to win (e. g. 2004). 

Also if he didn't base his campaign on building a wall, deporting illegals, and banning Muslims.  Which are all sine qua non of any Trump campaign.  Also if he quit the climate change denial and the law and order rhetoric.

Strip those out, and you have "NAFTA sucks, and I'm gonna defeat ISIS somehow while also disengaging globally, disbanding NATO, and cuddling up to a Russian leader who is a consistent human rights abuser."  I can't see him getting very far.  He'd be a one-trick candidate.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 11:04:26 PM »

Kanye West's presidential aspirations are clearly a joke/trolling (although I guess we said that about Trump) but if he did run he would be just as unqualified and unstable.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/7454380/kanye-west-talks-2020-presidential-run-depressed-state-about-2015-glastonbury

It's still not a joke. He's serious about it.

He's the genius voice of a generation!
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 08:47:53 AM »

Kanye West's presidential aspirations are clearly a joke/trolling (although I guess we said that about Trump) but if he did run he would be just as unqualified and unstable.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/7454380/kanye-west-talks-2020-presidential-run-depressed-state-about-2015-glastonbury

It's still not a joke. He's serious about it.

He's the genius voice of a generation!

Okay since he's taking it seriously I have a serious question: how is he going to win either the IA caucus or the NH Primary?

His strategy would be to win South Carolina by 20 points, with a pure majority, and then carry that momentum into the other Southern primaries on Super Tuesday.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies