Trump: "should we keep" non Christian Conservatives?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:05:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump: "should we keep" non Christian Conservatives?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump: "should we keep" non Christian Conservatives?  (Read 1445 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2016, 09:55:34 AM »

http://mikebarber.org/

For the prisons.

https://donate.feedthechildren.org/donation/bf348487/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=feed%20the%20children&utm_campaign=paid/

For the hungry.

https://www.samaritanspurse.org/our-ministry/about-us/

For the children.

I know PERSONALLY Christian conservatives who organize mission trips to impoverished countries.  They not only spread the Gospel and plant churches; they engage in projects that will ensure that the people there have clean drinking water and medical care.

Christ, Himself, told his Disciples:  "If the World hates you, remember that it hated Me first."  Coming to Atlas Forum confirms that Biblical Truth with ever logon.
So if people don't agree with you that also means they hate you?

More importantly, it reassures them of the righteousness of their faith and beliefs because Jesus predicted they'd be reviled and persecuted for them. What they seem to overlook is that Christ emphasized meekness, mercy, and love above all else. They're just intolerant, self-righteous dicks.

The Real Jesus, the Jesus of the Gospels, shows no signs of standing with the economic elites of His time. The Sermon on the Mount, the core of Jesus' Teaching, is no appeal to supply-side economics.  Jesus tells people to give to the poor -- not to the rich. That sounds more like a modern Jewish view of the world than like what I see in fundamentalist Protestantism. He saw the rich and powerful of His time corrupt, callow, and exploitative.

If you want to know the Real Jesus, then read and re-read the Sermon on the Mount until you can quote it as easily as you can quote your favorite movie lines... to the level of "Play it, Sam. Play it again". Or "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore".

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2016, 11:32:03 AM »

It's a joke, people. I thought it was funny. It's funnier because Trump has basically admit to being a casual Christian, at best, since the convention.

It's not a joke.
He is pandering, and treating this audience like a bunch of brainless children.
If you watch the video, he even says something like "remember when I held up the bible," and he motions with his hand as if raising the Bible (I immediately responded by rolling my eyes).
Just disgusting. trump doesn't have a milligram of "religion" (Christian) in him.
All he is doing is just using "God," "Jesus," "the Bible" etc, and all these foolish people lap-it-up.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2016, 12:49:25 PM »

Trump is obviously being sarcastic. ... Trump will be anti-Muslim if he makes it to the oval office, but you'll be fine if you're any other religion.

I'm sure Jews, Sikhs, Buddhists, non-religious and others are flocking to Trump at the sheer thought of being left alone while the Muslims get rounded up.

I didn't say that they were flocking to Trump.  And I don't think Muslims will be "rounded up."

As for the non-religious, America is becoming increasingly non-religious and I believe Trump is making the American right become more like the European right.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This was sarcasm.  Do you really think that Trump is a culture warrior?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2016, 01:15:04 PM »

This was sarcasm.  Do you really think that Trump is a culture warrior?

Just that he wants to pander to those.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2016, 03:45:58 PM »

http://mikebarber.org/

For the prisons.

https://donate.feedthechildren.org/donation/bf348487/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=feed%20the%20children&utm_campaign=paid/

For the hungry.

https://www.samaritanspurse.org/our-ministry/about-us/

For the children.

I know PERSONALLY Christian conservatives who organize mission trips to impoverished countries.  They not only spread the Gospel and plant churches; they engage in projects that will ensure that the people there have clean drinking water and medical care.

Christ, Himself, told his Disciples:  "If the World hates you, remember that it hated Me first."  Coming to Atlas Forum confirms that Biblical Truth with ever logon.
So if people don't agree with you that also means they hate you?

More importantly, it reassures them of the righteousness of their faith and beliefs because Jesus predicted they'd be reviled and persecuted for them. What they seem to overlook is that Christ emphasized meekness, mercy, and love above all else. They're just intolerant, self-righteous dicks.

The Real Jesus, the Jesus of the Gospels, shows no signs of standing with the economic elites of His time. The Sermon on the Mount, the core of Jesus' Teaching, is no appeal to supply-side economics.  Jesus tells people to give to the poor -- not to the rich. That sounds more like a modern Jewish view of the world than like what I see in fundamentalist Protestantism. He saw the rich and powerful of His time corrupt, callow, and exploitative.

If you want to know the Real Jesus, then read and re-read the Sermon on the Mount until you can quote it as easily as you can quote your favorite movie lines... to the level of "Play it, Sam. Play it again". Or "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore".

Sort of.

Jesus was not hostile to rich men in the Bible.  He did test the Rich Young Ruler, but Jesus loved him very much.  Zaccheus was a tax collector; Jesus drew Zaccheus to Him, and before the night was over, Zaccheus (who was very wealthy from being a tax collector) promised to restore fourfold the amounts he had overcharged folks.  Jesus had no problems paying taxes to Rome; he told the Israelites to "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's" and to, essentially stop whining about it.

Jesus did not oppose any man; he came to seek and save The Lost, but he was most firmly opposed by the Religious Elites.  It was the Religious Elites, not the rich, that he reserved his harshest pronouncements for.  It was the Religious Elites against whom he poured out His Righetous Wrath, overturning the tables of moneychangers in the Temple.  He's that way today.  There are many on the left, as well as on the right, that seek to prove Jesus agrees with them.  "They honor Me with their lips," said the Master, "but their hearts are far from me."  This, sadly, is true about lots of folks that lean on Jesus when He agrees with them, but won't bend in other areas so they conform to Him.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies