Trump demanded fat employees be fired
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:34:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump demanded fat employees be fired
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump demanded fat employees be fired  (Read 1634 times)
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2016, 04:30:26 PM »

Eh, I agree with him from a business perspective. Men love being around attractive women.

I'm glad that you no longer identify as a Democrat.

I don't defend Trump for his comments if he actually made them.  But I will say this:  He was in the Beauty Pageant industry.  It's all about looks and physique and shape.  Your job, as a contestant, is to maintain your off-the-charts looks and, if you are the winner, maintain that for the time you are Miss Universe, Miss Planet, Miss Northern and Southern Hemisphere, or whatever.  Chowing down on KFC and gaining weight is not doing your job.  I, personally, have no use for the idea of "beauty pageants", but the folks who go into this go into it with their eyes open and know what is expected of them, at least by the time they get to the Miss Universe level.

There's a big difference between working at a golf course and being a contestant in a beauty pageant.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2016, 04:31:32 PM »

RIP Christ Christie Sad
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2016, 04:35:11 PM »

Trump will have to find a new 400 pound hacker to attack the DNC and continue the hunt for Hillary's lost emails.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2016, 04:44:49 PM »

Why does this morbidly obese man hate fat people so much?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2016, 06:51:32 PM »

Eh, I agree with him from a business perspective. Men love being around attractive women.

I'm glad that you no longer identify as a Democrat.

I don't defend Trump for his comments if he actually made them.  But I will say this:  He was in the Beauty Pageant industry.  It's all about looks and physique and shape.  Your job, as a contestant, is to maintain your off-the-charts looks and, if you are the winner, maintain that for the time you are Miss Universe, Miss Planet, Miss Northern and Southern Hemisphere, or whatever.  Chowing down on KFC and gaining weight is not doing your job.  I, personally, have no use for the idea of "beauty pageants", but the folks who go into this go into it with their eyes open and know what is expected of them, at least by the time they get to the Miss Universe level.

There's a big difference between working at a golf course and being a contestant in a beauty pageant.

My daughter-in-law was hired by a Disney facility as a server.  She has lots of serving experience.  She also has issues with her teeth that affect her appearance.  She got through the interview and was hired, but after 2 days on the job, her supervisor noticed her teeth and she was let go.

Unfair?  It depends on your view of an employer's right to require "front office appearance".  With Disney, all of its employees are "Cast Members" and servers are considered "On-stage" whereas a dishwasher might be considered "Backstage".  People pay good money to be entertained at Disney and to relax at Disney; do they have a "right" to not have employees that reflect the elegance the facility is trying to project? 

Appearance matters at golf courses.  At theme parks.  At car dealerships.  At a lot of places.  Is it fair that this should matter so much?  You tell me.  I will say this:  If an employee is hired with the understanding that he/she must maintain a certain physical appearance, including height, weight, etc., is this wrong?  If it is, folks have grievances with a lot more folks than Donald Trump.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2016, 06:56:21 PM »

Why does this morbidly obese man hate fat people so much?

A lot lot lot of self-loathing, obviously.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2016, 07:19:28 PM »

Seriously?
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2016, 08:08:52 PM »

Appearance matters at golf courses.  At theme parks.  At car dealerships.  At a lot of places.  Is it fair that this should matter so much?  You tell me.  I will say this:  If an employee is hired with the understanding that he/she must maintain a certain physical appearance, including height, weight, etc., is this wrong?  If it is, folks have grievances with a lot more folks than Donald Trump.
Don't expect these two-faced red avatar hacks on here to agree with you, but you are 1000% right.

There is nothing illegal about firing or not hiring people based on physical appearance, especially if there's a tangential business reason for it. Trump is not in the wrong here.

But these same liberals that are attacking Trump overlook the Clinton's real assaults against women, which is illegal. All because the Clintons have a "D" next to their names.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2016, 09:35:36 PM »

LOL!!!

Go Here

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2016, 09:40:55 PM »

I'm glad that you no longer identify as a Democrat human being.

Fixed
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2016, 09:50:09 PM »

The endless spinning of everything Trump says or does by his superfans is beyond pathetic. Stop working overtime on an internet forum trying to justify an obvious sociopath's behavior. The man is a monster, and yet you people will probably still be defending him even after his loss in November.

You defend Hillary AFTER she works to actively discredit women who have alleged that Bill actually sexually assaulted them.  You defend Hillary AFTER she does this and AFTER she says that victims of domestic violence and sexual assault should be believed.  (And she EMPHATICALLY said that during this campaign.)

The only thing that's spinning is my head, trying to follow your logic.  All female victims of sexual assault, sexual harassment, and domestic violence who come forward should be believed.  EXCEPT for Juanita Broaddrick and Kathleen Willey, of course; they're talking about Bill Clinton, and ran into Buzzsaw Hillary when THEY came forward in the 1990s.

Two women came forth and said that Bill Clinton sexually assaulted them.

Bill Clinton denied it.

Hillary Clinton actively participated in the campaign to publicly discredit these victims.

That's the record.  I know it's hard for you to wrap your mind around it.  Bill Clinton benefitted from the presumption of the Emperor being clothed.  In his case, that was literally AND figuratively untrue.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies