BREAKING NEWS!!!! Jill Stein is dumb as a rock
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:57:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  BREAKING NEWS!!!! Jill Stein is dumb as a rock
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS!!!! Jill Stein is dumb as a rock  (Read 1188 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 29, 2016, 11:10:20 AM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/jill-stein-gary-johnson-foreign-leaders-228899
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 11:48:22 AM »

Brit here; very surprised to hear that Corbyn is PM.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 11:52:31 AM »

She's polling under the 378th alternative conservative candidate for a reason.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 11:59:28 AM »

I would cut her some slack.  She interpreted "Leaders" in an ideological/ideas type of way, not in terms of political governance. 

Matthews said: "Any one of the continents, any country. Name one foreign leader that your respect and look up to. Anybody....", so I guess Stein picked those whom she felt were leading on ideas and ideology.

Of course, she didn't get asked this question live, without prep, so it may not count. I am sure if Johnson had the time to put together a tweet (and call a friend Smiley), he would have come up with a few foreign libertarians.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 12:07:01 PM »

BUT HILLARY AND HER E-MAILS!!!!!
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 12:10:32 PM »

This seems like a weak criticism.  They often are, but why does a "world leader" have to be a head of state?  Politicians and activists get called "leaders" all the time.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 12:19:13 PM »

She could've given what we all know would be her honest answer: Vladimir Putin
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 12:21:01 PM »

I'm much more concerned with the fact that she just named the most prominent anti-semite of the Western world as one of her political models.

Well, concerned isn't the right word, because it's Jill Stein, but disgusted.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 12:31:44 PM »

No need to be so disrespectful, even if you disagree with her. This board treats third party candidates like sh**t.

There's some truth in this, but Stein isn't a shining example of a third-party candidate.  Neither is Johnson, which is a shame.  This could have been THE year for a strong, credible third-party candidate that would draw a significant share of the vote and lay the foundation for a viable third party in future elections.  Instead, we have Johnson and Stein, who come across as a stoner and a fruitcake, respectively. 
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 12:34:52 PM »

I'm much more concerned with the fact that she just named the most prominent anti-semite of the Western world as one of her political models.

Who is the most prominent anti-Semite of the Western world? I'm guessing you're referring to Corbyn, in which case you really need to back that up.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 12:35:41 PM »

Anyway, I think Stein knows those people aren't actually leaders of their countries, so I'll give her a pass on this one. She's still terrible, though.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 12:37:57 PM »

This is like Rebecca Black attacking Crash Cut for singing flat. Flops attacking flops makes zero sense.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2016, 12:38:14 PM »

I feel slightly ill defending Jill Stein, but like Johnson this is being taken out of context. All of the people she mentioned are definitely leaders, she didn't say "world leaders" or "heads of government".

One wonders what's wrong with Marina Silva that she had to name an obscure figure.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 12:41:08 PM »

No need to be so disrespectful, even if you disagree with her. This board treats third party candidates like sh**t.
Of course, isn't it better to vote third party than not vote at all?
Only in NV can you vote "none of these candidates" third parties don't appear likely to win, but they could keep Trump and Clinton below 50% in the popular vote and their supporters hate that. Personally, I like Bradford Lyttle but that doesn't mean I think that he will win.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 12:45:53 PM »

I feel slightly ill defending Jill Stein, but like Johnson this is being taken out of context. All of the people she mentioned are definitely leaders, she didn't say "world leaders" or "heads of government".

One wonders what's wrong with Marina Silva that she had to name an obscure figure.

Joao Pedro Stedile isn't super obscure. Although his movement is undoubtedly much better known than he is.

As to Mariana Silva, for one thing, she's a Christian fundamentalist who is against abortion and gay marriage. For another, it's a pretty open secret that she was a candidate backed by a consortium of banks seeking to split the left vote.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 12:55:54 PM »

Who is the most prominent anti-Semite of the Western world? I'm guessing you're referring to Corbyn, in which case you really need to back that up.

Presumably Stedile who called one of the Brazilian governors "the only Jew who practised Nazism", which was followed by a slew of antisemitic propaganda and incidents.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2016, 03:14:17 PM »

Presumably Stedile who called one of the Brazilian governors "the only Jew who practised Nazism", which was followed by a slew of antisemitic propaganda and incidents.

Didn't even know about that POS, but he certainly qualifies.

Regardless, the last few days' revolting spectacle at the Labour conference without Corbyn having a peep to say about the hell monsters like Jackie Walker are making of his party certainly qualifies him as well.

In an ideal world, Clinton and Johnson would be running against each other while Trump and Stein were Pikachu-slapping each other in the background.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2016, 03:23:16 PM »

Didn't even know about that POS, but he certainly qualifies.

Regardless, the last few days' revolting spectacle at the Labour conference without Corbyn having a peep to say about the hell monsters like Jackie Walker are making of his party certainly qualifies him as well.

In an ideal world, Clinton and Johnson would be running against each other while Trump and Stein were Pikachu-slapping each other in the background.
*Weld. Johnson, I have lost all faith in.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2016, 03:26:02 PM »

Still not as funny as Rocky Anderson's 2012 attempt to surpass Stein and Johnson as the main alternative candidate by spending a lot of time attacking Johnson randomly.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2016, 03:28:31 PM »

Breaking news? I could have told you that. The vaccinations with the chemtrails in them got GMOs in her blood and ObamaCare doesn't cover treatment for that kind of stupidity.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2016, 08:51:22 PM »

Ohhhh, OK. I assumed Stedile was obscure since he doesn't have a Wikipedia article except in Portuguese and (Shocked) Russian.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies