Democrats: Which candidate would you support?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:20:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Democrats: Which candidate would you support?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Democratic version of Trump or John Kasich?
Democratic version of Trump

John Kasich

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Democrats: Which candidate would you support?  (Read 1025 times)
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 29, 2016, 05:46:25 PM »

If a Trump-esque candidate won the Democratic nomination and was up against John Kasich, a relatively moderate Republican who was in the race, whom would you support? The Democratic nominee would be just as inexperienced and clueless as Trump is right now. Most of his positions would be similar to the main Democratic platform, but would be very protectionist on trade and would have the same foreign policy that Trump has (NATO, Russia, nuclear weapons.) Also, this candidate would publicly make controversial statements just like Trump did.

Would you vote for Kasich, vote for a third party, or support the Democratic nominee?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 05:51:15 PM »

No scenario exists in which I'd even consider voting for a far-right, anti-worker lunatic like Kasich. The fact that a bigot like John Kasich is labeled as "moderate" in today's GOP shows just how far they've fallen.

Can you explain why Kasich is a bigot?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 05:57:52 PM »

Still the Democrat, the Supreme Court is too important, and it'd be great to give McConnell a taste of his own medicine for what he's done the past 8 years.

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 06:01:08 PM »

Easily Kasich.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 06:06:13 PM »

Easy vote for the Democrat.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 06:12:20 PM »

Third party, naturally. Probably the Green Party (if they didn't nominate Stein). And I'm disappointed in my fellow Democrats. Let's assume for a moment that this candidate is the perfect Democratic version of Trump. He's circled conspiracy theories, made crass comments about women, shown a laughable incompetence with basic policy, praised dictators, (arguably) called for his opponent to be assassinated, won't release his tax returns, is loose with nuclear weapons, has a hot temper, made countless dollars off of scams, and shown disrespect to veterans, POWs, and war heroes and their families, but he's still better than a generic (and better than average) Republican because of the courts, duh.
evergreenarbor

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: -8.43

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 06:24:22 PM »

Third party.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 06:44:01 PM »

No scenario exists in which I'd even consider voting for a far-right, anti-worker lunatic like Kasich. The fact that a bigot like John Kasich is labeled as "moderate" in today's GOP shows just how far they've fallen.

Well, in addition to being an enemy of LGBT rights (he told gay people who were discriminated against to "get over it"), he's obviously not too fond of the blacks either, considering that he's aided efforts by his fellow party members to suppress the black vote in the past and doesn't seem to be too apologetic about it.

lol.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 07:02:27 PM »

As much as I like Kasich, I'll take the Democratic Trump.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 07:26:41 PM »

It strongly depends what you mean by your first option.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 07:38:44 PM »

Well, in addition to being an enemy of LGBT rights (he told gay people who were discriminated against to "get over it"), he's obviously not too fond of the blacks either, considering that he's aided efforts by his fellow party members to suppress the black vote in the past and doesn't seem to be too apologetic about it.

I guess 40% of the country are bigots then. Damn, and I guess 26% of blacks in Ohio are self-loathing for having voted for him.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 12:10:15 AM »

By controversial statements, do you mean blatantly racist statements? Would this candidate claim that we should ban all members of a certain religion from entering the country, and encourage violence among his supporters? If so, I'd reluctantly vote for Kasich.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 03:41:42 PM »

except a private business has the right to deny anyone service which kasich was arguing
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 06:59:48 PM »

By controversial statements, do you mean blatantly racist statements? Would this candidate claim that we should ban all members of a certain religion from entering the country, and encourage violence among his supporters? If so, I'd reluctantly vote for Kasich.

How would the democrats even get round to nominating such a candidate? considering who their base is...?

Wouldn't the equivalent be some sort of extreme SJW type - who would be big on reparations for slavery, cultural appropriation and whatever.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 07:16:15 PM »

The candidate would not share any of Trump's positions outside trade and foreign policy, so no religious ban. However, that candidate would make statements very similar to those of Trump on anything that is not related to policy, so that includes encouragement of violence and insults towards other people.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2016, 03:54:38 AM »

I've seen this question before, but I honestly cannot envision of a Democratic version of Donald Trump. I would need to see an actual person to make a decision.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies