STOP-Dean?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:40:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  STOP-Dean?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: STOP-Dean?  (Read 12221 times)
jravnsbo

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2003, 12:09:07 AM »

Some FYI--No, Dems and GOP here both will call its members across the board and within their own party if they don't offer new ideas and constructive thoughts.  Go dean is not productive back it up with why.

Yeah, this guy is a troll, because he didn't comment on us calling him one.

You are a troll Mr. President!  You are a troll Mr. President!

See what he says.

Since you are a democrate supporter i am discussed in you for calling me a troll. You don't really care about Leadership in the Would if you have to call me a troll. You need to start acting like a democrate and get down to earth and grow up.
Demrepdan

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2003, 02:00:59 AM »
« Edited: December 29, 2003, 02:29:12 AM by Demrepdan »

And By the Way I am supporting Governor Howard Dean for President!

YOU ARE?!?!?!? I HAD NO ING IDEA!!! I'M SO GLAD YOU TOLD ME!! I DON'T THINK I READ ABOUT YOUR SUPPORT FOR DEAN IN ONE OF THE OTHER 100 THREADS YOU POSTED IT ON!!!!)*#Y%*#Y#%#* Angry
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2003, 07:27:39 AM »

See what he says.

Since you are a democrate supporter i am discussed in you for calling me a troll. You don't really care about Leadership in the Would if you have to call me a troll. You need to start acting like a democrate and get down to earth and grow up.
I love this guy!

It's interesting that he actually communicates with us, John never responded to anything, as far as I can see.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2003, 08:32:55 AM »

See what he says.

I love this guy!

It's interesting that he actually communicates with us, John never responded to anything, as far as I can see.

You didnt anwser my question!

What question?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2003, 08:36:37 AM »

To get back on topic. Isn't Dean a little hurt by the fact that he is the frontrunner and expected to win? I think the gain from winning New Hampshire and Iowa has diminished b/c polls give us the winner so far in advance. The point is that if Dean does not win it could hurt him a lot. But even if he does win the chance of someone running in a surprising second is probably bigger and might be more of news. Dean can't surprise anyone any more, and that could actually become a liability for him. Or what do you think?
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2003, 08:42:25 AM »

Yes, the clear leader is always in danger of not being able to live up to expectations.  Plus, of course, he is always the target of the whole field who focus their collective fire trying to bring down the big guy.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2003, 10:05:11 AM »

See what he says.

I love this guy!

You didnt anwser my question!
I support Dean also.  but I don't go around saying:

America needs a dean presidency.
Dean would be a good president.
I like dean.
I think dean would be a good president.
By the way, I support Dean!!!!

Go away.  Please.  You have 100 posts in one day.
jravnsbo

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2003, 11:00:01 AM »

ESSENTIALLY DEAN SAID, MNE OR i'M BOLTING!  Much along the lines of what George will said a week ago, time to threaten the democrats it looks like.

Dean: Dems doomed if he loses nomination
DES MOINES (AP) — Howard Dean said Sunday that the hundreds of thousands of people drawn to politics by his campaign may stay home if he doesn't win the Democratic presidential nomination, dooming the Democratic Party in the fall campaign against President Bush.
"If I don't win the nomination, where do you think those million and a half people, half a million on the Internet, where do you think they're going to go?" he said during a meeting with reporters. "I don't know where they're going to go. They're certainly not going to vote for a conventional Washington politician."

Some of Dean's eight rivals for the Democratic nomination, as well as other Democratic insiders, have argued that the former Vermont governor is too liberal to run against Bush.

Dean sought to turn the tables Sunday, arguing that his blunt-speaking, Washington-outsider approach has drawn back legions of voters who had been turned off by politics. He warned that many of them are likely to stay home on Election Day, rather than vote for another Democrat, if he is not the party's presidential nominee.

Dean repeatedly has said he would endorse the eventual Democratic nominee and urge his supporters to do the same. But he said there are limits to the practical impact of his endorsement.

"That's not transferable. That's why endorsements are great but they don't guarantee anything," Dean said.

While some of Dean's rivals criticize him for changing positions on issues and warn that he would be a general election disaster, Dean said they are tossing away any chance to build a record that would appeal to voters.

Most of the criticism in the race is directed at Dean, who is in a tight contest with Missouri Rep. Dick Gephardt for the Jan. 19 precinct caucuses in Iowa, according to polls. Dean also has built himself a comfortable lead in New Hampshire ahead of the Jan. 27 presidential primary, polls show.

"I think eventually the nomination is going to be won by somebody with a positive agenda," Dean said. "What's happening is, in their desperation, those guys have thrown their positive agenda out the window. I can't imagine it's going to help them. It might hurt us but it can't help them."

He added: "If we had strong leadership in the Democratic Party, it would be calling the other candidates and saying somebody has to win here. If (former Democratic National Committee head) Ron Brown were chairman, this wouldn't be happening."

Democratic National Committee spokeswoman Debra DeShong rejected Dean's arguments saying nothing unusual is happening.

"All of the Democratic presidential candidates including Governor Dean have been vigorous about drawing distinctions among themselves," she said. "Democratic primaries over the last 20 years have been just as tough and just as vigorous."

DarthKosh

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2003, 11:35:19 AM »
« Edited: December 29, 2003, 11:45:28 AM by DarthKosh »

To get back on topic. Isn't Dean a little hurt by the fact that he is the frontrunner and expected to win? I think the gain from winning New Hampshire and Iowa has diminished b/c polls give us the winner so far in advance. The point is that if Dean does not win it could hurt him a lot. But even if he does win the chance of someone running in a surprising second is probably bigger and might be more of news. Dean can't surprise anyone any more, and that could actually become a liability for him. Or what do you think?

The problem with Dean is that he is arrogant.  Instead of moving to the center he is moving to the left which is good for the primaries but a train wreck for the general.
jravnsbo

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2003, 11:43:18 AM »

Hard to move to the center when you are already on record for socialized medicine, massive tax increases, more regulations on business , anti-war and signed int eh first gay civil union bill and told the south they need to stop talking about "Gods, guns and gays"

DarthKosh

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2003, 11:46:15 AM »

Hard to move to the center when you are already on record for socialized medicine, massive tax increases, more regulations on business , anti-war and signed int eh first gay civil union bill and told the south they need to stop talking about "Gods, guns and gays"

And Bush will beat him into the ground in the general because of it.
jravnsbo

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2003, 11:50:17 AM »

And even if a close election ( which I don't see yet) it won't be close int eh southa nd west allowing the GOP to pick up a lot of House/Senate seats.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2003, 11:50:58 AM »

Well, it goes without [really] saying, that someone will be in 2nd. Of course someone will be 2nd in the results of the Iowa Caucus and New Hampshire Primary.
Since Clark realizes, and rightly so, that Iowa and New Hampshire don't carry the same weight or mystique, he may come out ahead in the public's perception of him.
jravnsbo

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2003, 11:58:03 AM »

Well IA and NH are still getting all the attention, so I think it is hard to say their status has diminished.

Clark will get a pass on IA as he is skipping it, which could hurt him int eh general election there, as some in Des Moines register have said, but he needs to look good in NH and esp in feb 3 states to have any chance.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2003, 12:23:32 PM »

Well IA and NH are still getting all the attention, so I think it is hard to say their status has diminished.

Clark will get a pass on IA as he is skipping it, which could hurt him int eh general election there, as some in Des Moines register have said, but he needs to look good in NH and esp in feb 3 states to have any chance.
Then Clark needs to get on the ball, and continue to stay on message. However, I would like to hear more from him on Domestic Issues.
jravnsbo

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2003, 12:33:38 PM »

Bingo!

Clark NEVER discusses domestic issues.  Why?  he continues to avoid it and get the discussion back to his military and foreign policy experience.  MAn I'm like I GOT THAT PART tell me about your domestic policies and his integrity questions still linger as well.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2003, 03:07:23 PM »

Well, it goes without [really] saying, that someone will be in 2nd. Of course someone will be 2nd in the results of the Iowa Caucus and New Hampshire Primary.
Since Clark realizes, and rightly so, that Iowa and New Hampshire don't carry the same weight or mystique, he may come out ahead in the public's perception of him.

Eh, yes, it goes without saying. My point is that if Dean won New Hampshire and Sharpton finished second, it would do more for Sharpton than for Dean. That ain't gonna happen, but do you see what I mean? If someone makes a strong showing in, say, NH, that could overshadow Dean's win, since it is so expected.  
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2003, 03:13:46 PM »

Eh, yes, it goes without saying. My point is that if Dean won New Hampshire and Sharpton finished second, it would do more for Sharpton than for Dean. That ain't gonna happen, but do you see what I mean? If someone makes a strong showing in, say, NH, that could overshadow Dean's win, since it is so expected.  
Sharpton isn't going to finish second in NH.  He may in Sc, however, which is dangerous becuase then he would win delegates to the convention.
jravnsbo

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2003, 03:15:07 PM »

I get your point.

However I don't see anyone making any big moves yet.  Kerry is still second, maybe Clark could move up on him, but we'll see Clark is a lot of mystery yet on a number of issues.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2003, 03:25:43 PM »

I get your point.

However I don't see anyone making any big moves yet.  Kerry is still second, maybe Clark could move up on him, but we'll see Clark is a lot of mystery yet on a number of issues.
No Kerry is now fourth.  Clark is neck and neck with Dean in SC, Ok, and AZ, and gephardt is in serious contention in Iowa.  Kerry isn't near the top in any states right now.
jravnsbo

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2003, 03:29:33 PM »

we were discussing NH, where Kerry is still second.  National polls don't mean nothing in the dem primary as it is not a national race but a state by state one.

Yes I do agree Kerry is toast and doing terrible on Feb 3 states, but he is still at 20% in latest NH poll to Clark's 8%, ARG group poll of 12/15-17
Demrepdan

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2004, 06:14:03 PM »

YOU ARE?!?!?!? I HAD NO ING IDEA!!! I'M SO GLAD YOU TOLD ME!! I DON'T THINK I READ ABOUT YOUR SUPPORT FOR DEAN IN ONE OF THE OTHER 100 THREADS YOU POSTED IT ON!!!!)*#Y%*#Y#%#* Angry

Who do you support?

I hold all endorsements to a later date. But I think you fail to see what I was upset about. If you support Dean, fine. But say WHY! And please, PLEASE, don't go around in EVERY thread..and say the same thing!

P.S. Sorry it took so long to respond to this post, but I was gone for a few days.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2004, 06:15:36 PM »

Who do you support?

I hold all endorsements to a later date. But I think you fail to see what I was upset about. If you support Dean, fine. But say WHY! And please, PLEASE, don't go around in EVERY thread..and say the same thing!

P.S. Sorry it took so long to respond to this post, but I was gone for a few days.

I think MiamiU has hunted down mr_president in the meantime... Smiley
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2004, 06:15:39 PM »

we were discussing NH, where Kerry is still second.  National polls don't mean nothing in the dem primary as it is not a national race but a state by state one.

Yes I do agree Kerry is toast and doing terrible on Feb 3 states, but he is still at 20% in latest NH poll to Clark's 8%, ARG group poll of 12/15-17
Okay...
How much of the vote does it take to win delegates from NH?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2004, 06:16:33 PM »

Okay...
How much of the vote does it take to win delegates from NH?

Good question. I will endorse it!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies