Debate Commission: There WERE issues with Trump's audio
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:04:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Debate Commission: There WERE issues with Trump's audio
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Debate Commission: There WERE issues with Trump's audio  (Read 1636 times)
HillOfANight
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 30, 2016, 01:24:49 PM »

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/781921734094123008
http://www.debates.org/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=69&cntnt01origid=27&cntnt01detailtemplate=newspage&cntnt01returnid=80

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Wonder how he reacts to this...
F_S_USATN

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 01:31:23 PM »

dude did a sound check
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 01:32:20 PM »

I don't get what difference this makes. I watched like 98% of the debate, and I had no issues hearing him. I certainly heard his 512891 interruptions. This is the only real mic problem I can see:

Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 01:32:53 PM »

Did the issues result in him sounding like he had a serious case of coke nose?
psychprofessor

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 01:33:13 PM »

lol "in the debate hall." everyone else at home heard him just fine.
HillOfANight
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 01:34:27 PM »

Wonder if he will now pivot to skipping the debates and blaming this.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 01:47:23 PM »

Conspiracy!!!!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 01:53:19 PM »

This will just fuel Trump to keep whining about it (he'll think it proves he was right and start gloating), which can only be a net loss for him. American voters heard him just fine.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 02:02:19 PM »

lol "in the debate hall." everyone else at home heard him just fine.

Sound as transmitted to TV audiences nationwide worked just fine (opposite of Hoover 1940), so this matters for those couple hundred people (as opposed to the 100-million nationwide), and the effect of the crowd reactions (which weren't supposed to happen, anyway).
HillOfANight
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 02:09:58 PM »

https://twitter.com/Hadas_Gold/status/781926358326865920

Ok, it seems like the issue was he was too quiet in the beginning ?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 02:34:36 PM »

Doesn't change the kind of person he is or the kinds of things he says or the way he says them. Or the multitude of disrespectful and childish interruptions he made that night.

Most of the viewing audience was not at that debate in person.

No excuses.

HillOfANight
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 03:14:43 PM »

Lester gave her tough questions too. He never followed up with her because she never lied.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 03:34:11 PM »

I think the bigger problem he had was from the, ahem, impartial moderator from NBC. Not his best performance but he did fine. I would expect him to improve significantly over the next two debates as he's shown himself to be a fast learner in this area. he's a brilliant salesman and has a great instinct for Television.

And that's just where he should stay. Stop trying to get into politics, which he has no heart for.

rafta_rafta

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 04:01:20 PM »

There were issues with Trump's mic. It was on
Fargobison

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 04:25:21 PM »

The Trumpkins I see on twitter are all over a new conspiracy theory today...

Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 04:26:32 PM »

Between this and the Internet poll stuff, Bill Mitchell's Twitter feed has become top-caliber entertainment.
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 05:14:19 PM »

If Hillary was cheating, how does that explain the first fifteen minutes where she was quite weak?

I've said this before on another site, but the Trumpbots would've screamed bias even if the debate took place in the Mar-a-Lago lobby and the questions were being asked by Ivanka.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 05:36:07 PM »

Lester gave her tough questions too. He never followed up with her because she never lied.
LMAO. Yeah OK. Not a word about her e-mail server. Not a word about Benghazi. Not a word about the Crooked Clinton Foundation. Not a word about WikiLeaks. Not a word about pay-for-play. Not a word about cronyism in Haiti. But aside from that, Lester Holt was impartial.

Give me a break.

And to you partisans that don't think mic issues matter? They are a distraction. The playing field wasn't level, but I never expect it to be that way when it comes to Republicans and Democrats, the left-wing press and this "bipartisan" debate commission that thinks it's perfectly OK to wait until a Friday night news dump to reveal this little problem and let Trump get accused of being on coke for the week by some pathetic excuses for human beings.
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2016, 05:41:21 PM »

LMAO. Yeah OK. Not a word about her e-mail server. Not a word about Benghazi. Not a word about the Crooked Clinton Foundation. Not a word about WikiLeaks. Not a word about pay-for-play. Not a word about cronyism in Haiti. But aside from that, Lester Holt was impartial.

Give me a break.

And to you partisans that don't think mic issues matter? They are a distraction. The playing field wasn't level, but I never expect it to be that way when it comes to Republicans and Democrats, the left-wing press and this "bipartisan" debate commission that thinks it's perfectly OK to wait until a Friday night news dump to reveal this little problem and let Trump get accused of being on coke for the week by some pathetic excuses for human beings.

Lester Holt is literally a registered Republican.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 05:44:44 PM »

LMAO. Yeah OK. Not a word about her e-mail server.

You just confirmed that you didn't watch the debate. Or maybe you forgot Clinton's response because it wasn't what you wanted?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2016, 06:21:52 PM »

LMAO. Yeah OK. Not a word about her e-mail server.

You just confirmed that you didn't watch the debate. Or maybe you forgot Clinton's response because it wasn't what you wanted?
Ummm. Yeah. I did. There was no question asked. Trump brought it up. Holt allowed her to respond.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2016, 06:23:27 PM »

Give me a break.

Uh huh. I've heard that Democrat talking point.

Who is signing his paychecks exactly? The most left-wing network in the United States of America. They are not objective participants in this process.
EnglishPete

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 06:31:03 PM »

Give me a break.

Uh huh. I've heard that Democrat talking point.

Who is signing his paychecks exactly? The most left-wing network in the United States of America. They are not objective participants in this process.
Are you suggesting that professional journalists could allow themselves to be influenced by the political and economic interests of the big corporations employing them? Don't you know that the people who do the great and noble task presenting news shows on the TV are above such vulgar considerations and its a mad conspiracy theory to suggest otherwise.
HillOfANight
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2016, 06:34:43 PM »

Patrick Healy of the New York Times

https://twitter.com/nickconfessore/status/781983988961468417

You must be logged in to read this quote.

CHOKED
egalitt
Russian Federation
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2016, 12:25:33 AM »

Problems with mic apparently got on Trump's nerves and affected his performance at the debate. Defective mic plus biased Holt. Looks like a conspiracy inspired by Clinton. FBI should launch investigation.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies