Clinton speaks about Sanders supporters during private event (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:22:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton speaks about Sanders supporters during private event (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton speaks about Sanders supporters during private event  (Read 3334 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« on: September 30, 2016, 10:51:33 PM »

"...and that we just need to, you know, go as far as, you know, Scandinavia, whatever that means, and half the people don’t know what that means, but it’s something that they deeply feel."

Golly gee, why on earth don't younger voters like Hillary Clinton???

Half was being generous.  Most of Sanders supporters were utterly clueless millenials who just wanted to have trendy, alternative political views.

That said, these comments were made in February, no clue why they're coming up now.  Is this supposed to be some sort of October surprise?  News outlets are acting like they happened just now.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 03:57:00 AM »

Shadows, why don't you just endorse Jill Stein already?  Even the nuts on r/political_revolution are tearing themselves in two where half of them understand that this is no smoking gun at all and the other half are just pathetically determined to hate Hillary no matter what.

"Center-right to center-left" from the context it's clear that she's contrasting herself with candidates occupying the far-right and far-left, in that she actually understands the practicalities of the job and doesn't just make promises she'll never be able to keep.  It's not some secret admission that she's a Republican, just that she's a realist, which you already knew.

"Living in the basement" was used as an illustration of how bad they have it, not to mock them.  Sanders used similar descriptions of how some millenials are getting screwed over by the economy.

Anyway, it's sad that absolute idiots like you are falling for this obvious smear attempt by hack media sources.  I've seen articles posted from stupid-left clickbait/adspam sites on my social media with titles like "Hillary finally reveals her true feelings about Bernie supporters behind closed doors."  They all act like this is some recent event, when actually it happened eight months ago during the primaries, and they all gleefully take her quotes out of context in much the same way you do in order to gin up outrage that they know isn't truly justified.

I guess some of you stupid children just really really miss having a reason to feel wronged by Clinton.  You're so easily manipulated and lied to.  My biggest regret this election season is not throwing up one of those ad-plastered outrage-clickbait pseudojournalism sites myself, honestly I could do a pretty good job spinning stories to exploit your lingering bitterness over the primary you lost.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 10:15:18 AM »

I guess that basket is going to get a little bit bigger.

Welcome to the basket #BasementDwellers... Now the No. 1 trending hastag on Twitter.

It's 90% deplorables and 10% useful idiots known as gullible "progressives".

Yeah, r/the_donald is all over this, they really want to light up the useful idiots and damage Hillary's campaign.  Meanwhile over on r/political_revolution, the endorsed continuation of r/sandersforpresident, the top posts about this are all being posted by Trump supporters.  The three Jill Stein subreddits, r/wayofthebern, r/jillstein, and r/kossacks_for_sanders, are genuinely posting this though.  There's a cadre of clickbait trash sites now posting that she "mocked them as the donors laughed" and "Clinton:  Bernie supporters are just children living in their parents' basement."

I hate to say it but this could become a thing due to sheer force of misleading propaganda and the tireless efforts of Trump supporters, combined with the overwhelming stupidity and desire to be outraged victims of the Bernie children.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies