Trump calls a female reporter a "c**nt"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:00:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump calls a female reporter a "c**nt"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump calls a female reporter a "c**nt"  (Read 2849 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 01, 2016, 02:58:30 PM »
« edited: October 01, 2016, 03:02:17 PM by ProudModerate2 »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 03:00:13 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2016, 03:02:05 PM by Landslide Lyndon »

At least he didn't call her fat.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 03:02:11 PM »

This is the guy who says "I Would Be The Best For Women"
EnglishPete

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 03:06:57 PM »

Is there any evidence that Trump is sexist at all. People say that he is and that he treats women differently to the way he treats men. I really can't see that.

Perhaps people can give examples of where they think Trump has been sexist? Where he's been rude and insulting to a woman in a situation where he wouldn't be rude and insulting to a man
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 03:09:51 PM »

This guys a national disgrace. makes me sick to see him as a major party candidate.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 03:12:08 PM »

It's amazing, just flat amazing that after all he'd said and done Trump is not polling twenty percents down to Hillary.

What a weird year.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 03:13:10 PM »

Is there any evidence that Trump is sexist at all. People say that he is and that he treats women differently to the way he treats men. I really can't see that.

Perhaps people can give examples of where they think Trump has been sexist? Where he's been rude and insulting to a woman in a situation where he wouldn't be rude and insulting to a man

Well, if nothing else, it's highly doubtful that Trump would have used this particular insult to a male reporter. Wink
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 03:13:15 PM »

Stop trying to de-rail this thread.
How many of these (new) trump-supporting trolls are we going to see on Atlas.
It's already October and they still keep coming. They are like cockroaches.
EnglishPete

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 03:15:14 PM »

This guys a national disgrace. makes me sick to see him as a major party candidate.
Yes I know, its terrible. He alleged to have used a nasty profanity about someone behind their back. I'm sure that neither Hillary Clinton nor any other previous major party candidate ever did such a thing.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 03:18:55 PM »

Stop trying to de-rail this thread.
How many of these (new) trump-supporting trolls are we going to see on Atlas.
It's already October and they still keep coming. They are like cockroaches.

Be patient. After election day most of them will disappear for at least four years.
EnglishPete

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 03:42:11 PM »

Well, if nothing else, it's highly doubtful that Trump would have used this particular insult to a male reporter. Wink
I'm sure he would have picked another insult.

As an aside although in the US c*nt is used as a specifically gendered insult against women its not used that way in the UK. In the UK its used to mean a person without redeeming qualities, especially one who is nasty or vicious in character. It is most commonly used about men rather than women.

Here is one example of its use in the 1996 film 'Trainspotting' of a man talking about another man using this term

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 03:52:31 PM »

It's amazing, just flat amazing that after all he'd said and done Trump is not polling twenty percents down to Hillary.

What a weird year.

If Romney had suddenly started acting like Trump in September 2012, he would have lost in a landslide. With Trump, people are sadly desensitized to some extent. Probably not enough for him to win, though.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 04:14:19 PM »

This could be big. The media needs to keep talking about it, and Hillary surrogates should ensure they do.
pho
iheartpho
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -1.39

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 04:21:49 PM »

This is getting painful to watch.. We are witnessing a campaign meltdown of legendary proportions. Gary Hart, Ross Perot etc have nothing on Trump.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 04:26:24 PM »

Not surprised at all, infact this is the thing that has surprised me the least this campaign
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 04:26:52 PM »

we only have the classiest of campaign meltdowns. Top notch! The way this campaign is gonna fall apart, it's really going to be fantastic, folks.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 04:28:13 PM »

If Trump and his campaign continue to melt down like this, could a Clinton landslide be in our midst?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 04:30:14 PM »

If Trump and his campaign continue to melt down like this, could a Clinton landslide be in our midst?

Unlikely. 90% of Republicans will vote for him even if he eats a live baby on primetime TV.
pho
iheartpho
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -1.39

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 04:41:27 PM »

Unlikely. 90% of Republicans will vote for him even if he eats a live baby on primetime TV.

90% of Republicans who turn out. Also, Trump won't be winning independents by 5 points like Romney did. A 1964 landslide is unlikely. A 1988 isn't out of the question though.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2016, 06:15:23 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2016, 06:17:23 PM by Seriously? »

Yes I know, its terrible. He alleged to have used a nasty profanity about someone behind their back. I'm sure that neither Hillary Clinton nor any other previous major party candidate ever did such a thing.
Hillary never was quoted using the "N" word, calling someone a "bleeping Jew bastard" or anything.

Her husband never said that Obama "wouldn't be carrying their bags a few years ago" to Ted Kennedy in 2008.

And since this story goes back to like 1980, can we start talking about Arkansas Troopergate? The drug running allegations against the Clintons? The fill-in-the-blank mistress that Bill was banging? Whitewater? The child rapist Hillary got off by maligning the victim? The list goes on and on and on.

So it has to be JUST Trump.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2016, 06:18:24 PM »

Your candidate was caught on tape maligning BernBots as baristas that live in their parent's basement.

I don't quite think so.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2016, 06:40:39 PM »

Hillary never was quoted using the "N" word, calling someone a "bleeping Jew bastard" or anything.
Her husband never said that Obama "wouldn't be carrying their bags a few years ago" to Ted Kennedy in 2008.
And since this story goes back to like 1980, can we start talking about Arkansas Troopergate? The drug running allegations against the Clintons? The fill-in-the-blank mistress that Bill was banging? Whitewater? The child rapist Hillary got off by maligning the victim? The list goes on and on and on.
So it has to be JUST Trump.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2016, 06:49:12 PM »

Your candidate was caught on tape maligning BernBots as baristas that live in their parent's basement.

I don't quite think so.

Nice spinning there.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2016, 06:54:46 PM »

This is just a preview of what he'll call Hillary in the next debate.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2016, 07:01:09 PM »

Here's my question:

If Trump is THAT BAD (and, indeed, there seems to be a steady drumbeat from all sorts of media that he is), then why isn't he about to lose in a McGovern-esque landslide.

Right now, we're talking about Trump GAINING states over Mondale.  GAINING Iowa.  GAINING Ohio.  Even in Florida for all practical purposes.  Closing the gap in Pennsylvania.  Why isn't he leading only in an handful of Deep Southern states and a couple of the Mountain West states?  Hasn't Trump given everybody enough ammo for that to happen?  Trump's behind, but he's NOT on life support at this writing.  Why is that?

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies