How will Democrats react if Trump actually wins?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:42:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How will Democrats react if Trump actually wins?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: How will Democrats react if Trump actually wins?  (Read 4407 times)
ursulahx
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2016, 02:54:03 PM »

It says a lot that the possibility of seeing a dangerous demagogue come to power in your country elicits childish joy at seeing the other 'team' humiliated and crying. I confess I'm just as guilty of this as anyone, but surely we should all be above this sort of thing? This isn't a game, this is real life and it's serious.
EnglishPete

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2016, 03:57:05 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2016, 04:09:07 PM by EnglishPete »

They will absolutely lose their minds: weeping and gnashing of teeth. There will also be riots in the major cities, instigated by Black Lives Matter and other Soros funded liberal groups.
There will anyway, there already have been, but it will be worse if Clinton is elected. This kind of violence is always worse when the rioters (and more crucially those organizing the riots) think they have sympathy from those at the top who will urge 'concessions' for the sake of 'peace'. That's why during the primaries the worst violence against Trump supporters was in San Jose and Chicago, places where the local authorities were sympathetic to the rioters cause.

When there is good government that ensures that local authorities who do their job in cracking down harshly and punishing rioters without giving any concessions whatsoever, when there is a good government that seeks to penalize and punish local authorities who fail to do their job in cracking down harshly on and punishing rioters. In that situation order and peace can be restored much quicker and easier, as the rioters soon lose hope that they will ever be able to get their way and they give up. It will be much better for the peace of the US if Hillary loses.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2016, 04:04:24 PM »

Probably worse than how Democrats reacted to when George W Bush was elected in 2000
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2016, 04:15:59 PM »

It'll be hilarious and very cathartic to watch all the liberals travel through the states of grief. 
I'm sure it will be very entertaining. One thing I can predict from seeing the reaction to Brexit vote in the UK. You will see a few leftists on social media and traditional media use a specific sentence you won't have seen them use before, a sentence usually associated with conservatives. They won't have said this before and after a few days they'll get back to their usual selves (except perhaps being more obnoxious) and won't use it again. But if Trump wins they'll use this sentence on the 9th of November

"I want my country back"

Here's one example from the left wing news magazine The New Statesman

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2016/06/i-want-my-country-back

If Trump wins I predict you'll see those exact words used by Democrats on this message board on the 9th of November.

The last Bush Administration says hi.

"Dude, where's my country?"

Anyways, it will probably be incrementally worse (as Obama's was to Bush's)
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2016, 04:47:13 PM »

Probably worse than how Democrats reacted to when George W Bush was elected in 2000
I actually thought their 2004 reaction was worse than 2000, but yeah, this will be far worse. Riots in nearly every major city. Screeching SJWs on Salon and tumblr. Extremely salty Bernie Bros who will blame Hillary and say Bernie would have done better.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2016, 05:12:37 PM »

If trump wins, I will probably take up cannabis. Anything to lessen the pain.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2016, 05:22:33 PM »

Much worse. So are you a permanent Democrat now or what?
EnglishPete

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2016, 05:26:10 PM »

If trump wins, I will probably take up cannabis. Anything to lessen the pain.
Doesn't seeing Gary Johnson act as a warning?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2016, 05:40:30 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2016, 05:45:18 PM by Adam T »

They'll build nuclear fallout shelters.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2016, 05:50:17 PM »

Much worse. So are you a permanent Democrat now or what?

Yeah, pretty much, asked the Lord Dave to change my username.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2016, 05:50:28 PM »

I seriously wonder how my Facebook friends will react. They already openly admit, in their own words, to hating White people (despite being mostly White themselves), openly thinking cop killing is justified, and many of them think Islamic terrorism is justified as well. I wonder how much further towards violent extremism they could possibly go. Is it even possible? I doubt they would actually take up arms themselves, as most of them lead semi-comfortable lives of leisure. I'm sure if there are any terrorists attacks or cop killings under a President Trump though, you will see young people being much more vocal about how justified and great it was.

As to mainstream Democrats, probably no different than when any other Republican has won an election. Although they will be crippled with fear over condemning their more crazy supporters. One difference with the Democrats from now on, there will be no more Sister Souljah moment. From now, they will either ignore ignore Sister Souljahs completely or else just make excuses for them.

The far left is disgusting and scary. They openly hate America, blame whites for all their problems, welcome racial violence as long as it's committed by blacks, and want free handouts from the government.

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2016, 05:55:36 PM »

I seriously wonder how my Facebook friends will react. They already openly admit, in their own words, to hating White people (despite being mostly White themselves), openly thinking cop killing is justified, and many of them think Islamic terrorism is justified as well. I wonder how much further towards violent extremism they could possibly go. Is it even possible? I doubt they would actually take up arms themselves, as most of them lead semi-comfortable lives of leisure. I'm sure if there are any terrorists attacks or cop killings under a President Trump though, you will see young people being much more vocal about how justified and great it was.

As to mainstream Democrats, probably no different than when any other Republican has won an election. Although they will be crippled with fear over condemning their more crazy supporters. One difference with the Democrats from now on, there will be no more Sister Souljah moment. From now, they will either ignore ignore Sister Souljahs completely or else just make excuses for them.

The far left is disgusting and scary. They openly hate America, blame whites for all their problems, welcome racial violence as long as it's committed by blacks, and want free handouts from the government.

No leftist hates America as much as you do.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2016, 06:17:36 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2016, 06:19:23 PM by Meme Magic »

I'll burn an American flag, refuse to stand for the National Anthem, etc.
EnglishPete

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2016, 06:24:51 PM »

So no change then?
EnglishPete

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2016, 06:27:30 PM »

Riots in nearly every major city. Screeching SJWs on Salon and tumblr. Extremely salty Bernie Bros who will blame Hillary and say Bernie would have done better.
So as I was saying, no change then.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2016, 06:50:42 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2016, 07:00:46 PM by Eleven »

We will sneak Syrian refugees into the country.  We will stand in the way of the construction of the wall.  We will physically block the deportation of undocumented immigrants.  We will stage naked protests on the national mall if Trump tries to make good on his promises.  We will occupy oil pipeline construction sites, as we have been doing.  We will stand with Black Lives Matter.  We will use civil disobedience for any un-American order Trump gives, or law he tries to enact.

It will be time for direct action.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2016, 06:52:25 PM »

We'll never really know. We can only speculate.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2016, 07:17:21 PM »

Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2016, 07:37:11 PM »

So no change then?
Wow, that's low, personally attacking someone.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2016, 07:42:51 PM »

They will absolutely lose their minds: weeping and gnashing of teeth. There will also be riots in the major cities, instigated by Black Lives Matter and other Soros funded liberal groups.

U mad.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2016, 07:53:49 PM »

There will be a lot of riots.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2016, 08:03:39 PM »

If the putrid orange pustule who aspires to be an American Fuher wins a flat-out victory, I expect the immediate reaction (pre-inaguration) will be much gnashing of teeth, open questioning of whether or not America can survive, and a fair amount of finger-pointing. There will also very shortly be several "Stop Trump" organizations, designed to lobby against his policies (whatever they are) and attempt to use his victory to re-organize and re-energize the Dems. There will also be a vocal intra-party feud about whether to go right and embrace anti-Trump Republicans, or left and re-imagine the party as a "real" progressive party.

Overall, it'll be a mess, but any significant violence will be extremely limited. Oh, and the number of Americans who threaten to leave the country and who actually leave the country will be higher than usual.

The exception will be if Trump wins by having goon-squads of Trumpshirts at the polls, or if the election is extremely close and gets tossed to him by a sheriff in Arizona illegally "deciding" which ballot (or voters) are valid or something along those lines. Then expect a prolonged legal struggle eventually ending in the House.

America will survive the Dems reaction to a Trump victory. If it can survive President Trump
Miller is a whole different question. I expect the Trump-cult reaction to his (likely) loss will be far, far worse. For that, I expect murder, arson, and sedition as a start. (The damage Trump has done to America with his candidacy is incomprehensible, and beyond the scope of law. In a just world, he'd have been jailed long ago. In a sane one, he would never have gotten anywhere near the White House.)
EnglishPete

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2016, 08:10:23 PM »

So no change then?
Wow, that's low, personally attacking someone.
Yes its awful. Do you know that there's a a thread on this forum called "How could any decent person vote trump?" with some disagreement over whether all Trump voters are terrible human beings or just most of them are. Terrible thing personally attacking people like that isn't it.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2016, 08:31:26 PM »

I would not be surprised if Democrats attempted to make a deal with dissident Republicans in the Electoral College to where they would agree to throw all their votes to a Republican they view as "safe".  (Jeb?  Mitt?  Ryan?)  I don't know if this could actually be pulled off, but if Trump wins, it won't be by much over 270 EV and I suspect that out of 270-plus electors, there are 20-25 or so in a position to be willing Faithless Electors. 

Scripture says that "Life and death are in the power of the tongue."  I will not speak into existence any number of violent worst-case scenarios.  There is no justification for such a thing; none at all.  There is no justification for civil disobedience; none at all.  Whatever one thinks of Trump, he hasn't gotten where he's gotten because the fix was in or ballot boxes were stuffed.  He's won a series of free and open primary elections, and was nominated at a free and open convention. 

I DO think, however, that the GOP will take a good look at having their own "superdelegates" in the nominating process.   For years, it took 2/3 of the delegates in the Democratic Party to pick a Presidential nominee (a sop to its Southern wing).  I wouldn't be surprised if BOTH major parties took a look at something like that.  That being said, if Trump wins, there will be all sorts of recriminations from Democrats directed at those who went in the tank for Hillary, clearing the decks for her nomination, and sticking the Democratic Party with a horribly weak nominee with obvious liabilities.  I'll enjoy that part immensely.  Hillary Clinton was the most repulsive candidate that the DNC could have chosen to clear the decks for, short of an Al Sharpton type.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2016, 10:37:52 PM »

There will be a new migrant crisis heading to Europe, but it won't be from Syria and Iraq. It'll be from North America.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies