How will Democrats react if Trump actually wins? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:29:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How will Democrats react if Trump actually wins? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How will Democrats react if Trump actually wins?  (Read 4419 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: February 05, 2017, 01:31:42 PM »

I really should listen to myself when I tell myself not to look at certain threads.

Of course many people lost their minds. Yes, a lot of people in this country would've reacted badly to just about anyone with an (R) next to their name winning (just like a lot of people will lose their minds when the next Democrat, whoever he/she is, wins), but a lot of the outrage is more than that. Trump did not run a campaign about hope, change, optimism, and unity. You can argue that Obama didn't deliver on his promises, but he ran a positive campaign that at least sought to end a lot of the division in America. Trump did not. He ran a campaign in which he regularly insulted people, made millions of people feel unwelcome here, and made many statements that a lot of saw as dog whistles. He was ran easily one of the most divisive, negative, and dishonest campaigns in modern history. A lot of the reaction on the left is to that.

I don't condone violent protests, but as I've asked in other threads, how should people voice dissent? I remain convinced that a lot of Trump supporters believe any form of dissent is unacceptable. Trump also hasn't exactly offered an olive branch to the left, he's pretty much just appealed to the right and his base of supporters. When a man like him wins in the way that he did, and makes it clear that he has no interest in actually unifying the country or in any way addressing or trying to compromise with those who didn't support him, why the hell shouldn't we be angry and mobilizing?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies