How will Democrats react if Trump actually wins? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:38:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How will Democrats react if Trump actually wins? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How will Democrats react if Trump actually wins?  (Read 4399 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: February 03, 2017, 09:56:23 PM »

I think this thread is worthy of a bump.

you guys really want to be view as cry babies who riot if things dont go their way you really want to give up the chance of a democrat being the 46th president?

The left are a bunch of awfulizing whiners who have a pathological need to be "ratified".  I hope that their attitudes of ambivilance toward America (if not outright hostility toward America) will be fully exposed in the next 4 years.  I never thought I'd post something like this, but the anti-Americanism of the left is now out of the closet and on full display.  I believe that, over the years, I have given a number of folks credit for caring about America that they apparently have not deserved.

may i, someone who adores many of your posts, ask humbly, at which point in your opinion necessary criticism of the government is ending and eh... "hostility against america" is beginning?

It's the "I'm ashamed of America!" crap.  The "I'm moving to Canada/Europe/Antarctica!' line.  

Criticism of Trump is legitimate.  He's invited his share, and I'll admit that he comes off as thin-skinned.  Actively advocating shutting down public functions in "protest" (blocking roads, shutting down public buildings, justifying destruction of property) are uncalled for.  These folks really believe the "Orange Hitler" hype; they really think they're Massive FFs, when so many of them are just angry that they missed the sixties.  

People say this is all about Trump.  He's different.  He's a real fascist.  That's what folks say.  I say that these folks who are bent out of shape over Trump would be equally bent out of shape if Ted Cruz had been elected.  They'd be screaming about the exact same things.  Folks are screaming how Trump is anti-gay and he's the least anti-gay of any Republican elected ever, but facts don't matter to these folks.  They're screaming because America, to them, is only great when it's giving them everything they want.  

I grant you that the Republicans were not a loyal opposition to Obama, and some of the "obstruction" is the logical consequence of GOP obstruction during the Obama years.  I don't condone any of that.  And if Gorsuch isn't confirmed as payback for Merrick Garland, well, that's the way the cookie crumbles.  But the protests in the streets, the civil disobedience reminiscent of Chicago 1968 over an INAUGURATION, and the like, are beyond any obnoxiousness the Tea Party ever brought on.

You are selectively choosing your facts. This election was far more acrimonious than any election in decades, and more acrimonious along partisan lines than any in living memory. In 2008, Obama didn't stand on the debate stage and tell McCain that he would put the him in prison. Obama didn't have rallies after the election was over where he mocked his opponents, or send out gloating New Years tweets attacking the people who weren't for him. Obama never sided with a geopolitical for while mocking our own spy agencies in a finding about attacks on American civilians. Obama didn't go into Election Day with a 35% favor ability rating, nor lose by 3 million votes with 45.9% of the vote. All of this is unprecedented for any modern election. As for me, I didn't protest the inauguration but would have if I had the time. When I live in a city that went 4% Trump, I have no real meaningful vote, no Senator, no representative, and no real self government, what other voice do I have?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies