Assange Says New Hillary Clinton Leak Will Destroy Her This Month
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:54:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Assange Says New Hillary Clinton Leak Will Destroy Her This Month
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Assange Says New Hillary Clinton Leak Will Destroy Her This Month  (Read 5660 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2016, 08:16:37 PM »

The guy obviously is doing lots of cocaine based on his Twitter feed, so all that needs to be done is have it arranged so that he gets a tainted batch.
So your thought here is 'Trump is such a scumbag. If he gets to power he could be like Putin. Putin is a terrible fascist who does things like kill journalists he doesn't like'

There might be a scoop coming out that would be damaging to Clinton

'Quick, lets kill a journalist we don't like. We don't want to risk the Presidency of a man who might possibly do things like kill journalists he doesn't like'

Assange isn't a journalist. He's a pasty coward who should be in jail for rape.
The two categories are not necessarily exclusive of one another. Just because you think he's a terrible person, even if he really is a terrible person, doesn't mean that he's not a journalist, clearly he is.

He isn't even remotely a journalist. Posting hacked documents online is not journalism. Journalism is actually writing articles.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2016, 08:25:50 PM »

Haha wtf, does the pasty rapist even claim to be a "journalist"? What a bizarre argument.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2016, 08:29:09 PM »

Haha wtf, does the pasty rapist even claim to be a "journalist"? What a bizarre argument.

He's an anarchist with a messiah complex that has been trapped in a couple of rooms for the last how many years?

He's now the puppet of the Russian hackers, who he enables to ensure his continued "relevance"
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2016, 08:29:19 PM »

Reminds me of how conservatives/Republicans hated him for leaking national secrets, but when he starts leaking stuff on Democrats/Clinton, all of a sudden he's someone the fine people at Fox have to interview, and he must be legitimate and respected for bringing these "troubling facts" to light. Funny how he is viewed in a more favorable light when he helps hurt the GOP's political opponents. Now he is suddenly a journalist doing good work!
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2016, 08:36:08 PM »

If Assange has something tangible, and if he wants to torpedo Clinton, logic dictates that he releases it just before the second debate.

At this point, with Trump hemorrhaging "bigly", it would have to be something yooge.
EnglishPete

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2016, 08:38:08 PM »

The guy obviously is doing lots of cocaine based on his Twitter feed, so all that needs to be done is have it arranged so that he gets a tainted batch.
So your thought here is 'Trump is such a scumbag. If he gets to power he could be like Putin. Putin is a terrible fascist who does things like kill journalists he doesn't like'

'Quick, lets kill a journalist we don't like. We don't want to risk the Presidency of a man who might possibly do things like kill journalists he doesn't like'

The two categories are not necessarily exclusive of one another. Just because you think he's a terrible person, even if he really is a terrible person, doesn't mean that he's not a journalist, clearly he is.

He isn't even remotely a journalist. Posting hacked documents online is not journalism. Journalism is actually writing articles.
Right so its writing articles that makes someone a journalist. So any blogger who writes articles on his or her blog is a journalist but someone like Lester Holt or Anderson Cooper who talk and interview people on TV rather than write articles is not a journalist.

Is that it or are you going to come up with some elaborate definition of the term 'journalist' that includes the people you like but excludes those you don't?
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2016, 08:41:00 PM »

Obama should just drone him already.

No kidding. The CIA just doesn't do good work like they used to do

And while we're at it, drone Edward Snowden.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2016, 08:42:33 PM »

Right so its writing articles that makes someone a journalist. So any blogger who writes articles on his or her blog is a journalist but someone like Lester Holt or Anderson Cooper who talk and interview people on TV rather than write articles is not a journalist.

Is that it or are you going to come up with some elaborate definition of the term 'journalist' that includes the people you like but excludes those you don't?

You don't know what a journalist is. It is actually requires reporting real news, not forging documents to influence elections. You are ignorant.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2016, 08:44:31 PM »

Reminds me of how conservatives/Republicans hated him for leaking national secrets, but when he starts leaking stuff on Democrats/Clinton, all of a sudden he's someone the fine people at Fox have to interview, and he must be legitimate and respected for bringing these "troubling facts" to light. Funny how he is viewed in a more favorable light when he helps hurt the GOP's political opponents. Now he is suddenly a journalist doing good work!

As far as I'm concerned, he is an enemy of the state and should be taken care of accordingly. If they wanted to, I'm certain the CIA could easily and covertly take care of him even cowardly hiding in a foreign embassy. If they have plans for him, I'd prefer they'd be expedited.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2016, 08:47:23 PM »

If Assange has something tangible, and if he wants to torpedo Clinton, logic dictates that he releases it just before the second debate.

At this point, with Trump hemorrhaging "bigly", it would have to be something yooge.

I don't see why. Nothing else they've released has had ANY real impact.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2016, 09:07:52 PM »

Obama should just drone him already.

No kidding. The CIA just doesn't do good work like they used to do

And while we're at it, drone Edward Snowden.

No, he is actually a Freedom Fighter because the NSA sucks. And he's been critical of Assange lately.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2016, 09:16:09 PM »

The really scary thing, is that on this very thread we have multiple individuals calling for assassination and murder of an individual and even multiple individuals to pursue an explicit domestic political agenda.

Most likely these are "just jokes", but there is a very real history of the US Government assassinating or attempting to murder foreign leaders and civilians from the 1950s through the early 1970s, when it was banned by a Democratic Congress after the Church hearings in the post-watergate era.

Quite frankly, if this is how a new generation of Clinton Democrats that can't even grow a beard, let alone need to buy a razor actually think and believe, I want no part of that party.

Threatening and encouraging violence is not amusing at all in any way shape or form, and quite frankly is disgusting, and while a ton of "Red Avatars" appear to think this amusing, it is anything but.

I am starting to rethink my opinion of the Millennial generation, and now these types of statements encourages the stereotypes of a bunch of spoiled brats, living in their parents basement, playing way too many violent video games....

I do not believe that Assange is any type of hero, and have major issues with Snowden as well, but really.... y'all are acting like a bunch of spoiled frat boys, even many of you whose opinions I respect on many other matters

Murder and assassination is not a joke.... it is a sin, even in the eyes of a long time atheist like myself.

I have many Vietnam Vet friends that survived, lost friends in Iraq, and now I need to read this crap.

There are plenty of other internet forums that welcome trolls, usually of the alt-right nature where these types of sentiments are common.

For real??? "Have you no decency Sirs"Huh?

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2016, 09:23:03 PM »

The really scary thing, is that on this very thread we have multiple individuals calling for assassination and murder of an individual and even multiple individuals to pursue an explicit domestic political agenda.

Most likely these are "just jokes", but there is a very real history of the US Government assassinating or attempting to murder foreign leaders and civilians from the 1950s through the early 1970s, when it was banned by a Democratic Congress after the Church hearings in the post-watergate era.

Quite frankly, if this is how a new generation of Clinton Democrats that can't even grow a beard, let alone need to buy a razor actually think and believe, I want no part of that party.

Threatening and encouraging violence is not amusing at all in any way shape or form, and quite frankly is disgusting, and while a ton of "Red Avatars" appear to think this amusing, it is anything but.

I am starting to rethink my opinion of the Millennial generation, and now these types of statements encourages the stereotypes of a bunch of spoiled brats, living in their parents basement, playing way too many violent video games....

I do not believe that Assange is any type of hero, and have major issues with Snowden as well, but really.... y'all are acting like a bunch of spoiled frat boys, even many of you whose opinions I respect on many other matters

Murder and assassination is not a joke.... it is a sin, even in the eyes of a long time atheist like myself.

I have many Vietnam Vet friends that survived, lost friends in Iraq, and now I need to read this crap.

There are plenty of other internet forums that welcome trolls, usually of the alt-right nature where these types of sentiments are common.

Looking forward to your pearl-clutching when Assange is found facedown in his cornflakes on January 21st, 2017!
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2016, 09:24:17 PM »

Most likely these are "just jokes",

Yeah, these are stupid jokes that should be stopped. This is unacceptable.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2016, 09:28:41 PM »

Looking forward to your pearl-clutching when Assange is found facedown in his cornflakes on January 21st, 2017!

Would likely be at the hands of Russian Intelligence agencies.... namely the SVR.

That being said, for anyone that wants a history lesson in US Government political assassinations, here's a decent length clip from the Congressional hearings regarding assassinations from back in 1975 when Idaho had a Democratic Senator who ran hearings and aired the dirty secrets of the CIA during the early days of the Cold War....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN6PFTJ2OF4
mark_twain
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2016, 09:33:47 PM »

Why should the voters or the media treat WikiLeaks as a credible source?

I think we have reached a point of the campaign where people believe what they want to believe.

A lot of the Trump supporters have been doing this since day one, turning a blind eye to the many instances of his bad conduct.

How can one story from a dubious source be any more effective at changing public opinion?
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2016, 09:34:20 PM »

If Assange (for example) had emails showing that Clinton helped a major donor to the Clinton Foundation gain legislative or policy advantages with the government, that would be "yooge". Let's not forget that less than two weeks ago everyone on Atlas was panicking about a Trump win. If there were serious allegations against Clinton and Trump "sobered up", we'd have a race again. At this point both look highly unlikely, but you never know.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2016, 09:36:06 PM »

If Assange (for example) had emails showing that Clinton helped a major donor to the Clinton Foundation gain legislative or policy advantages with the government, that would be "yooge". Let's not forget that less than two weeks ago everyone on Atlas was panicking about a Trump win. If there were serious allegations against Clinton and Trump "sobered up", we'd have a race again. At this point both look highly unlikely, but you never know.

Not unreasonable, other than considering Atlas panic as reflective of anything.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2016, 09:38:48 PM »

I have a feeling the build up is going to result in whatever this is being a flop.

Like most of the sane people are saying on this thread (aside from assassination jokes), there is nothing to see here folks....

The October surprise has already arrived courtesy of Trump's taxes, and some random hacker dude chilling in the Ecuadorian embassy in London because of charges from Sweden and their sexual consent law will not change that.

I have no doubt that there aren't other hacked documents that will be released, and as you said it will be a total bust, at most a two day blip in the news cycle likely overshadowed by yet another Trump meltdown that will cost him another week when he is currently down 3-4% and crucial swing states are starting to look precarious.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2016, 09:39:24 PM »

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2016, 09:42:17 PM »

No more drama, super saint.

Love you too Invisible Obama.... Purple heart      Keeping it real for the troops. Wink
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2016, 09:55:11 PM »

What a loser.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2016, 11:04:11 PM »

I wasn't joking. He is an enemy of the state and should be dealt with accordingly. The US Government eliminates terrorist threats around the world on a regular basis to protect the homeland. Constitutional protections do not apply to non-citizens outside of the US. (If they're a US citizen or any other person on US soil, constitutional protections apply.) I don't think CIA policy was objectionable per se, I just think they tried to take out the wrong people.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2016, 11:09:28 PM »

I wasn't joking. He is an enemy of the state and should be dealt with accordingly.

This is, actually, despicable. Deplorably despicable. You should be voting Trump.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2016, 11:13:39 PM »

^ I'm not sure that's really a good precedent to start, "taking out" foreigners who are deemed enemies of the state. What if one day, Russia or China start "taking out" US citizens they deem enemies of the state?

"A spokesman for the Russian GRU defended the assassination of US citizen Viktor Navorsky on the Champs Elysee in Paris, declaring that President Vladimir Putin had declared him a traitor to the motherland for his agitations against Putin's presidency. The move comes a week after Putin won a referendum allowing him to serve as president for life without re-election, with 99% approval and 132% turnout."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies