It's Time....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:49:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  It's Time....
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's Time....  (Read 308 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 02, 2016, 11:58:17 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen of Atlasia,

Recently, we were saddened by the departure of one our most distinguished and important figures in the game. Senator Tmthforu94 has served Atlasia well both in the Senate and in the executive branch. He made mistakes like all of us have, and I am a certain he did his best to learn from them. It is legitimate to raise questions about decisions, about judgement and in cases like say a Donald Trump, character. However, there has to be a line drawn where reasonable concerns and questions end and the hate-filled, dirty politics begin. We wish him the best with his future endeavors.  

Many of us remember previous years, remember nastiness, remember an Atlasia that was bitter and packed with resentments. It is easy to fall into a trap of forgetting just what this place is and to keep things in perspective. There was a time long ago that I failed at not letting things get to me. However, as I grew older and had experienced this place more, I gained something of emense value. I learned to respect different people, people I never would have came into contact with otherwise. People like I our distinguished LGBTQ community, people of numerous ethnic and economic backgrounds. When I joined this place it is fair to say that I hated the entire world, I don't anymore, partially because of the people I have the pleasure of seeing come and go over the years. I remember them all and cherish their presence and contributions.  

Not everyone who joins this place has had a similar experience. There are numerous people on this site who want nothing to do with this place anymore. You hear it all the time. They loath the stress, they loath its addictive nature, but most of all what you here is the tone and disrespect. Some of these notions were formed by events long ago, others because of events that happened yesterday. It troubles me that we may be backsliding. For years we found ourselves in a vicious cycle of answering viciousness with viciousness, but last year we broke that cycle and those determined to preserve Atlasia came to together to do just that.

However, it troubles me that some perhaps have the idea that "reform is done" we can now go back to the old ways and old tactics. For this game to succeed we need differences of opinion, but we also need a certain level of respect and value among one other. We have seen the return of some old players,  some of whom were participants in the old way. We do welcome them back, and offer them the chance at a new start for themselves in the game, but we must insist on a departure from the old habits.

If like me you are concerned for the future, if you concerned about the tone and nature of our gameplayer and discourse. If you worry that regions have been left to fall by the wayside and you think we need another choice in this election, then we are in agreement. That is why after five years and four months of saying no, I have finally decided to say yes.

If you think it is time for an Atlasian Morning, come join my team. If you think it is time to prioritize regional activity, healthcare and mental health, come join my team. If you think it is time for a more welcoming Atlasia, then vote NC Yankee for President.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 12:01:42 AM »

Endorsed
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 12:04:48 AM »

Since I first registered under the Federalist Party banner, North Carolina Yankee has served as a kind and wise mentor for me, he has helped steer me through the tumultuous political waters of Atlasia with his knowledge of Atlasian history and he has helped me climb the stairs of Atlasian success, leading me to now become a Senator. My friends and colleagues, I proudly stand before you today to endorse North Carolina Yankee for President of Atlasia! North Carolina Yankee has the bright and vigorous vision for reform and activity that our nation needs to meet its true potential. North Carolina Yankee is the shining light we need to grasp in order to take a step forward as a nation, into a new era of prosperity and fortune. Please vote for North Carolina Yankee in the Presidential elections if you are ready for a new golden age of Atlasian politics and production!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 09:05:49 AM »

Endorsed.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies