Kim Kardashian taken hostage in Paris
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:55:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Kim Kardashian taken hostage in Paris
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Kim Kardashian taken hostage in Paris  (Read 3185 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 07:27:08 PM »

"i don't like this celebrity because reasons so i'm glad they were held at gunpoint and robbed"

People get robbed all the time throughout the world. Why should I give a sh*t that this happens to a semi-famous person I have no particular sympathy for?

Because no one deserves to fear for their life, regardless of how famous they are? Especially when they're a mother to two young children?

Should we be equally afflicted and sorrowful when an average person in the streets of Atlanta, Copenhagen or Bamako get robbed?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 07:34:32 PM »

"i don't like this celebrity because reasons so i'm glad they were held at gunpoint and robbed"

People get robbed all the time throughout the world. Why should I give a sh*t that this happens to a semi-famous person I have no particular sympathy for?

Because no one deserves to fear for their life, regardless of how famous they are? Especially when they're a mother to two young children?

Should we be equally afflicted and sorrowful when an average person in the streets of Atlanta, Copenhagen or Bamako get robbed?
Yes?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2016, 07:36:13 PM »

Yes?

I mean, I agree ideally we should, but nobody actually has the emotional resources to.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2016, 08:06:32 PM »

Yes?

I mean, I agree ideally we should, but nobody actually has the emotional resources to.

We care about symbols.  People who represent us and our country.  You're damn right we're going to care more about Kim.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2016, 08:09:45 PM »

Yes?

We care about symbols.  People who represent us and our country.  You're damn right we're going to care more about Kim.

If Kardashian represent America to you, you mustn't love your country very much.

Then again, you're voting for Drumpf, so that's already obvious.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2016, 08:11:59 PM »

Yes?

If Kardashian represent America to you, you mustn't love your country very much.

I'm vehemently opposed to Trump and have been since at least May, froggie.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2016, 09:03:25 PM »

I'm vehemently opposed to Trump and have been since at least May, froggie.

But you're a Republican and according to Tony 100% of Republicans are exactly the same and only belong on the bottom of your shoes.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2016, 10:04:05 PM »

Yes?
Don't get me wrong, I do actually like Tony and I enjoy debating him, but this is the guy who told me that the homeless man who more or less mugged me on the street of six dollars deserved the money more than me Tongue.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2016, 10:07:20 PM »

Yes?
Don't get me wrong, I do actually like Tony and I enjoy debating him, but this is the guy who told me that the homeless man who more or less mugged me on the street of six dollars deserved the money more than me Tongue.

Meh, you would have just spent it on alcohol or drugs anyway.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2016, 10:24:51 PM »

Yes?

Roll Eyes
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2016, 06:09:45 AM »

Yes?

So it makes sense to expend your emotional resources on hating on people who care about a robbery victim? I don't think this logic really works out.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2016, 06:49:40 AM »

She's still better than the staff at Charlie Hedbo.

Huh

Anyway, the real story here is that she was robbed of an exceptionally large amount of jewellery.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2016, 12:52:06 PM »

Yes?

So it makes sense to expend your emotional resources on hating on people who care about a robbery victim? I don't think this logic really works out.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2016, 06:25:30 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies