Trump Suggests That Soldiers Who Suffer From PTSD Aren’t “Strong” (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:07:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump Suggests That Soldiers Who Suffer From PTSD Aren’t “Strong” (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump Suggests That Soldiers Who Suffer From PTSD Aren’t “Strong”  (Read 2411 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: October 03, 2016, 12:36:27 PM »
« edited: October 03, 2016, 12:40:07 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

This isn't a scandal. He didn't disparage the soldiers or the veterans. Some people come back in stronger shape than others. Some see things that don't faze them. Others are shattered and permanently destroyed. I have-or had, better yet, one relative who went to Iraq. He was married to my older second cousin and I don't think I ever met him, though it was a big deal when he got shipped over. From what I later heard, he came back completely fine (no injuries, no obvious signs of PTSD, and no diagnoses). Yet, before I ever even got a chance to meet this guy, the two ended up divorcing because they grew apart and I haven't heard anything about him or for that matter, even his wife who was my cousin, in several years. Now is my cousin's ex-husband superior to an injured veteran who has PTSD or lost a leg? Of course not. But is he physically and (at least from the internal family gossip) mentally stronger? Yes. That is a reality. He came out of the war in stronger and better shape than say, someone like me, who'd probably be outright killed if let loose on a battlefield.

You don't have to be "strong" to be a hero. You can be an American war hero without having to put on this false display of normality. Trump just happened to note that many people who are suffering from PTSD due to a terrible war, built around a lie created by the brother of one of Trump's Republican rivals and supported by then Senator Clinton, can't handle it. If they were handling the PTSD well, they wouldn't have been forced to commit suicide as their only escape now would they?

Again nice try, but you all are better off making another eleven threads about the taxes. At least there is some smoke there (not the raging brush fire of the Clinton emails, but whatever). Now you guys really are just looking for a scandal.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 02:42:20 PM »

I sincerely hope you are one day very embarrassed by this incarnation of yourself, Sanchez. It's just really sad.
I should be embarrassed of my current Atlas incarnation lol?

If you had to write this much, you are spinning on your wheels to defend Trump. Stifle yourself, please. (the word is phase, not faze. what is faze?)

The word is faze. Phase is a different word.

Excuse me. Considering it is Sanchez, I was sure he had made a mistake. I really don't care about phase or faze, because his post is still idiotic, so end of debate.
Are you going to tell me why it was idiotic or are you going to insult me? Be care, Doctor, you don't want anymore death points do you?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 06:31:42 PM »

I sincerely hope you are one day very embarrassed by this incarnation of yourself, Sanchez. It's just really sad.

It really is. I know Sanchez is better than that.
I am not seeing my claim that Trump is being intentionally misconstrued being refuted.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies