Can Sheriff David Clarke win statewide in Wisconsin?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:48:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Can Sheriff David Clarke win statewide in Wisconsin?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Can Sheriff David Clarke win statewide in Wisconsin?  (Read 3842 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 06:47:01 PM »

After this week Clarke's chances are pretty much over.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2017, 08:17:31 PM »

Latest comments are the only way you should reach across the aisle is to grab a liberal's throat.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2017, 12:34:40 AM »

No way he can win either party's primary.
I now agree with you after this.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2017, 09:06:24 PM »

I think you're misreading the Reoublican primary electorate. Those comments are features, not flaws. And they'll jump for Clarke just to convince themselves that their party is the REAL party for minorities.

Eh. Maybe I'm biased, but I still have enough faith in the Republican electorate in Wisconsin not to jump for the most lurid shock jock available. The rest of the country may think midwesterners are boring, but they think that for a reason. Remember this is the one Republican electorate to break heavily against Trump late in the primary (which is quite the memory now isn't it? Tongue).
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2017, 07:39:29 AM »

LOL. Usually, I’d say such a crazy DINO has essentially zero chance of winning any statewide race there. But we’re talking about WI. The state that elected Scott Walker three times and gave its electoral votes to the Trumpster. So, never say never.

This.

Clarke might be a formidable candidate against Tammy Baldwin.  The nutcakes in the streets demonstrating rioting over Trump's victory are giving the GOP ammo to use.  That may be old news in 2018, but lots can happen.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2017, 08:44:58 AM »

LOL. Usually, I’d say such a crazy DINO has essentially zero chance of winning any statewide race there. But we’re talking about WI. The state that elected Scott Walker three times and gave its electoral votes to the Trumpster. So, never say never.

This.

Clarke might be a formidable candidate against Tammy Baldwin.  The nutcakes in the streets demonstrating rioting over Trump's victory are giving the GOP ammo to use.  That may be old news in 2018, but lots can happen.

There's a county investigation against him now and a huge push to get him out of office for his latest fiasco. Using his authority and power to harass and threaten someone and then using the Sheriff's Dept twitter to harass him further. If all goes well the piece of trash will get removed from office.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 11:04:13 AM »

David Clarke would be a very good statewide candidate, just as long as he doesn't run as a Democrat or a Republican. I could conceivably see him running against Baldwin as an Independent and he would win against her in my view. Wisconsin is a changing state!

Yeah, telling people to grab someone's throat you don't agree with and threatening death to people who ask you your name and shake your head is a real good way to win support.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2017, 01:14:08 PM »

Lose in a landslide, even assuming he won a primary. Come on, you don't insult the Packers in Wisconsin and win. I guarantee you, if Scott Walker had done the same in the run up to his recall, he would've lost.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2017, 10:56:05 AM »

Clarke will be lucky to be reelected Sheriff. He's Joe Arpaio 2.0, but instead of red Maricopa county, he runs in blue Milwaukee. He's only kept his job because hes run against weak opponents in spring elections. Statewide Dems will almost certainly take him out this next cycle.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2017, 07:02:20 PM »

Clarke is a monster, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here; given the right circumstances, he could certainly be elected statewide in Wisconsin.

absolutely. Donald Trump is the god damn President of the United States (partially because he won in former beautiful wonderful left-wing havens like Wisconsin), nobody is unelectable.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2017, 12:05:28 AM »

He is a lot like Joe Arpaio, except he has blood on his hands...
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies