North Carolina Yankee/Rpryor03 Presidential Campaign HQ (TIME TO VOTE!!! AGAIN!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:17:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  North Carolina Yankee/Rpryor03 Presidential Campaign HQ (TIME TO VOTE!!! AGAIN!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: North Carolina Yankee/Rpryor03 Presidential Campaign HQ (TIME TO VOTE!!! AGAIN!)  (Read 3397 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2016, 11:04:43 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2016, 01:34:28 AM »

Two great choices--Shua and Potus are both policy-minded and experienced, with the ideas to reinvigorate Atlasia.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2016, 10:57:32 AM »

Interesting. Would they would be part of the cabinet, if you get elected?
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2016, 05:06:33 PM »

I'm proud to endorse North Carolina Yankee for President of Atlasia. He's one of the greatest leaders this country's ever had and I'm sure we can all trust him with the job.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2016, 06:40:23 PM »

Does Mr Yankee care to comment on the recent release of tapes showing him making obscene sexualised comments?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2016, 04:14:07 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2016, 04:15:56 PM by Eternal Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Does Mr Yankee care to comment on the recent release of tapes showing him making obscene sexualised comments?

I will always care to comment on how complacent this forum gets when it comes to your previous history and putting blinders on when it comes time to appoint you to a position on the grounds that "he is an expert", "we must have him", "that treason thing was ages ago".

And as President, the people of Atlasia can trust that I will be far more discerning in vetting my appointees to all offices, but especially to offices such as Attorney General and to make sure that we do not appoint someone whose past, reoccuring game trolling, partiallity, and treason make him ill suited to such a post.

In creating A More Welcoming Atlasia, that entails allowing people to have second chances, and if people are willing to change their ways they should indeed be welcomed back in. However, I lost count how many chances you have had to respect the other players of this game and failed in that regard.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2016, 10:31:40 PM »

Endorsed, North Carolina Yankee throughout his time as SC Justice, Party Chair, Senator and Representative has shown himself as a true leader throughout all the positions that he has held. In difficult times like today's it is important we have strong leadership that will protect and create a Stronger Atlasia, and the only person up for that task is  North Carolina Yankee.   
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2016, 03:35:38 PM »

Endorsed.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2016, 11:57:06 PM »

Happily endorsed.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2016, 05:33:08 PM »

Mr. Senator, I am asking this to both you and Sen. Blair: Would you support or overturn the veto on the Ukrainian Freedom Bill by President Leinad?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2016, 01:27:31 AM »

Endorsed!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2016, 02:05:49 AM »

Mr. Senator, I am asking this to both you and Sen. Blair: Would you support or overturn the veto on the Ukrainian Freedom Bill by President Leinad?

I would work with Congress to create a more viable compromise.

I think most support the idea of preserving Ukrainian Sovereignty and getting Russian meddling/invaders out of their territory. However, that said, I share the President's concerns over the use of the term unconditional support. This is a volatile situation and any student of history, particularly Russian history would know that 1) unconditional support in such a volatile location is an invitation for armed conflict and 2) direct confrontation with Russia is perhaps the least efficient means by which one can commit suicide.

History teaches us that Russia has historically exhibited strong patriotic fervor that washes away problems and rallies the country behind their leader. Nicholas II saw such a rally around the flag effect, that only dissipated with the incompetence and corruption of his government reaching epic proportions. Stalin did as well. Triggering this bear is perhaps the least effective and most counter productive thing you can do.

I think a better answer lies in using economic sanctions, making oil as worthless as possible and using covert operations both to weaken Putin Politically and to make life as miserable for them as possible in Ukraine similar to Afghanistan in the 1980's. Conflicts both armed and not between nations have often been determined by economics. The Union out produced the Confederacy, the Allies out produced the Nazis, crop failures limited Soviet aggression in the 1950's and 1960's, and the collapse of the oil market crippled the economy of the Eastern Bloc countries in the 1980's and contributed to Russia's withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Our strategy and tactics. when it comes to Russia and the world at large, must be guided by the history of not only what has worked, but what has failed the world over. I think the strategy outlined above is far more in line with those lessons of history than bellicose ICBM rattling.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2016, 07:44:17 AM »

Endorsed.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2016, 08:03:04 PM »

A Quick Statement From Rpryor

What you're seeing right now in Blair's thread? That couldn't happen over here.Yankee and I are committed Atlasians, who have continually served this nation for a long time. Both of us have been here longer than both of our opponents. Both of us have served longer than they have. When it comes to experience in Atlasia, only one ticket really wins: Yankee and Rpryor.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2016, 10:59:59 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2016, 11:04:00 PM by Fmr. Representative 1184AZ »

North Carolina Yankee  a few questions

1.How do you plan to successfully balance your duties as Party Chair with your duties as President?  

2.What would you describe as your greatest weakness and how do you compensate for it?  

3.What assets does your running mate bring to the table in both your campaign and potential administration?  
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2016, 11:44:23 PM »

North Carolina Yankee  a few questions

1.How do you plan to successfully balance your duties as Party Chair with your duties as President?

I have been balancing multiple hats in Atlasia for years, being an effective Senator, Party Leader and PPT all at the same time. It takes a combination of experience and determination, but I think the most important part of that is a sense of fairness. As PPT there were many times I could have done stuff to benefit my side at the expense of others, and didn't for the good of the position, I wanted it to be non-partisan and that is how I got elected in some Senates with as much as an 8-2 Left versus Right split. As President, I will govern the country to the best of my ability and that comes first.

2.What would you describe as your greatest weakness and how do you compensate for it?

My greatest weakness throughout this game has been struggling with the indirect consequences of living in rather impoverished conditions. That means at times it has been difficult to maintain my presence, especially in 2014 when we had no income, no vehicle and no internet access. The way I overcome this is by a simple dogged determination to continue and not let that take away a game I enjoy so much. I found alternative means to access the internet and maintain my duties as Senator, helping with the 2014 Senate rules package (disagreements with it aside), crafting legislation to help active duty military get their personal vehicles transferred back home and passing a third in series of piecemeal reforms to mental healthcare after attempts at Comprehensive reform died the previous year.

My detractors have used this event to try and claim I was crazy and obsessed, I prefer to think it demonstrates my commitment and passion for the game and making sure that all can participate regardless of their socio-economic origins.

3.What assets does your running mate bring to the table in both your campaign and potential administration?  

Secretary Rpryor has served effectively and actively as Secretary of Federal Elections, temporary Elections administrator during the transition period, Game Moderator, Senator, NE Representative, and Northeast Chief Judicial Officer. He has served in the executive, legislative and judicial rolls, in both the regional and federal government, which provides him with a critical perspective. Most important his service in the cabinet demonstrates a level of experience and activity that will make him a great Vice President and together with my experience as PPT working with every Vice President from Bacon King (the first time) to Windjammer, will allow for us to finally get the Vice Presidency working as an active and functional entity within the Federal Government.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2016, 01:04:57 AM »

You need to post here btw:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=248198.0
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2016, 01:10:21 AM »

I plan to.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2016, 01:46:56 PM »

Endorsed. I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2016, 02:28:54 AM »

Endorsed!
NOT gonna be banned soon
Golfman76
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2016, 10:01:14 AM »

You'll have my vote!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2016, 08:34:03 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2016, 12:13:30 AM »

Its Time to Vote!

The election has begun, folks. Twenty days ago, we woke up to find that Atlasia had been shaken up and I had been shaken as well, shaken by the fear that Atlasia was backsliding into old tactics, old divisions and old discords. But I had a confidence that if Atlasia was given the opportunity it would rise up an demand better and as I listen to the great words of Bill Clinton's them song, lets not stop thinking of tomorrow. A better tomorrow where we can debate, discuss and yes disagree on issues, we can challenge records and hold people accountable but in a respectful manner. I started this campaign hoping to avoid any attacks between myself and my distinguished opponent, I have called him as such every time I have referenced him, I have kept my speeches and PMs clean of any attacks at all. Instead I have invited people to join my effort, and asked them to consider supporting me. We had to challenge some false narratives at points but I am proud of the campaign that I have run this election. Proud of the fact that I have campaigned the most, despite starting two weeks later and having to endure five days without internet access thanks to Hurricane Matthew.

If you still making a decision, I invite you to review my record and my speeches, accessible from the first post of this thread. I encourage you to join my team and work to make an Atlasia that welcomes all players, that treats all players with a certain level of respect and avoids the pitfalls that have sank Atlasia in the past.

Thank you, thanks to my distinguished opponents and now it is time to get to polls.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2016, 12:20:49 AM »

Best of luck Yankee during this weekends election. I truly hope we see as the next President of this great nation.

#FeelTheYank
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2016, 01:14:58 AM »

Officially endorsing Yankee for President!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies