Wall Street Journal: Trump's last card is all about getting angry Bernie voters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:28:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Wall Street Journal: Trump's last card is all about getting angry Bernie voters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Wall Street Journal: Trump's last card is all about getting angry Bernie voters  (Read 1699 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 02:23:51 PM »

HA Goodman is a Berniebro is incredibly entertaining with his rants though - Good for a laugh as a joke!

Very VERY few Bernie supporters will vote for Trump, Bernie is campaigning for Hillary. Stein will get some vote but nowhere near enough to make Trump win. Stein will never reach 8-10% odd vote to damage HRC. HRC is in a huge lead over Trump.

I hope Stein gets more votes & cracks the 5% from her 2-3% presently to get Federal funding. But those votes if they come will come from non-battleground states like VT, CA, WA, NY etc.

No1 in a battleground state like OH, PA, NC is stupid enough to vote en mass for Stein. Even if Greens get votes, those will come in non-battleground states. No1 wants to see  a Trump presidency. I understand the passion of Jimmy & he is right in a way. HRC will kill the progressive revolution slowly but there is no chance for anything before 2020, 2018 will be a Senate disaster for Dems!

But Trump will destroy the country n is a monster so no1 wants to see Trump elected by any chance!
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2016, 02:27:39 PM »

I hope Stein gets more votes & cracks the 5% from her 2-3% presently to get Federal funding. But those votes if they come will come from non-battleground states like VT, CA, WA, NY etc.
If you want liberal reforms this line of thinking is crazy to me. A strengthened Green party will weaken the chances of liberal reforms by dimishing democrats chances of winning presidential elections. I fully understand the frustrations regarding the limited options americans face - In Denmark we can choose between 10 parties or more - but the reason why there are only two parties of note in the US is systemic. Until you change the system you won't have more than two viable parties. If the system isn't changed the sole effect of third parties will be to play spoilsports.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2016, 02:40:03 PM »

Just checked out some of the BernieBro camp. Good old HA Goodman is firmly in the Trump camp now, which is unsurprising, as his only political project is to be anti-Clinton - crazy how so many Sandernistas fell for his crap. The Young Turks seem to be in the Clinton camp now, though. Even Ana Kasparian is voting for Clinton despite being one of the harshest anti-Clinton people a couple of months ago. Not sure about Jimmy Dore, but surely someone here knows.

Dore is a serious potential Trump voter considering he has an idiot theory that electing Trump means progressives win in the future.

Not really all that wrong, given how midterms usually go against the incumbent.

And given the split between the GOP and trump (somehow managing to top Carter and the Democratic Establishment), and trump being easily baited to do what works for him, which could favor the Democrats a few times...not entirely improbable.

I actually considered doing that myself, then Khanghazi happened and proved that trump was too far gone for that.

for god sakes man look at the 2018 senate map

where on earth are democrats going to pick up anything?

The Senate's dicey, but not impossible, if OH and FL tell us anything now. Stuff happens that can change anything [scandals, Jason Kanders,etc.], a week's an eternity.

And with trump being so different, a tying of someone like Deb Fischer, Orrin Hatch (or his successor), even Jeff Flake to trump, and then running people like Mark Kelley, Doug Owens, that nullifies it.

And you're forgetting about gubernatorials and even state legislatures, where Democrats will definitely gain...which would be likely forfeit if Hillary were President. Walker, Rauner, Baker, those guys are out if trump's the man, but could very well keep going if they tie their opponent to Hillary.

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 02:43:19 PM »

trump says he is more popular with millenials than bernie

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 02:45:49 PM »

the young people, they're good at cyber! like little barron, he has computers, he's good at cyber.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2016, 02:47:47 PM »

There's a faction of Bernie voters he can win (anti-establishment former Paulites), as well as many he can persuade to either stay home or vote for Stein or Johnson. Not enough for him to win probably, but he's out of options.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2016, 02:49:12 PM »

i can't respect those millenials willing to let the world burn ......just cause they couldn't reach all their goals.

like the republican house, they must learn to compromise.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2016, 02:52:47 PM »

Just checked out some of the BernieBro camp. Good old HA Goodman is firmly in the Trump camp now, which is unsurprising, as his only political project is to be anti-Clinton - crazy how so many Sandernistas fell for his crap. The Young Turks seem to be in the Clinton camp now, though. Even Ana Kasparian is voting for Clinton despite being one of the harshest anti-Clinton people a couple of months ago. Not sure about Jimmy Dore, but surely someone here knows.

Dore is a serious potential Trump voter considering he has an idiot theory that electing Trump means progressives win in the future.

And given the split between the GOP and trump (somehow managing to top Carter and the Democratic Establishment), and trump being easily baited to do what works for him, which could favor the Democrats a few times...not entirely improbable.

I actually considered doing that myself, then Khanghazi happened and proved that trump was too far gone for that.

If Trump was President in 2018, Democrats would be picking up Nevada and Arizona and would probably be making a play in Texas.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2016, 03:03:14 PM »

Joke's on him, shadows and jfern weren't going to vote anyway.

But also I told you guys this was gonna happen way back during the primaries and you all ridiculed me for it.  If you've been keeping tabs on the Sanders movement post-endorsement then you know that this has been going on the entire campaign.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=239937.0

Sanders derangement syndrome is a very serious mental disorder that needs to be treated.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2016, 03:05:20 PM »

If Trump was President in 2018, Democrats would be picking up Nevada and Arizona and would probably be making a play in Texas.

Maybe. But again, we don't know how his presidency goes. Mass deportation of illegal and legal immigrants alike could make it to where those states are not in play.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2016, 12:08:58 PM »

Sanders absolves Clinton on hacked emails, but other voices on the left are angry
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/10/12/sanders-absolves-clinton-on-hacked-emails-but-other-voices-on-the-left-are-angry/
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/786613390861099008
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2016, 04:34:01 PM »

bernie's twitter acc just shared that takedown of johnson:

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/786293629681856512?lang=de
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2016, 11:15:32 AM »

Trump adviser on whether campaign aims to drive down HRC turnout w/millennials, younger non-whites: "Trump campaign has no strategy at all."
https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/787676346558271488
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies