Is it too late for Trump to pull ahead?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:54:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is it too late for Trump to pull ahead?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Is it?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 108

Author Topic: Is it too late for Trump to pull ahead?  (Read 3895 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2016, 08:34:24 PM »

Absolutely not.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2016, 08:35:34 PM »

if the polls are at least in the neighbourhood of being correct, absolutely yes.

ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2016, 06:22:14 AM »

Been reading slightly too many concern trolling posts and tweets lately, in which people gleefully list all the elections/votes in which the polls have been proved 'wrong' recently.

Some people are determined to discredit the entire polling industry and assume that their candidate is definitely going to win/lose because "polls don't always get it right".

But here's the thing: polls very often do get it right. And there are other means than polls by which we can predict a winner (one reason why sites like PollyVote are so valuable). Making a list of exceptions sometimes does nothing more than prove why the rule works so well.

Almost any prediction can have holes punched into it. The only sane way to approach the question is to step a very long way back and ask, "based on what we know about history, and the current state of the country, and what data we have at our disposal - which of the two outcomes seems the more probable?" Just go with that. Anything else is your emotion talking.

Which is why for several months I've been pointing out to anyone who will listen that this race is Clinton's to lose, but that the end result may be narrower than Democrats hope.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2016, 08:31:14 AM »

I don't think it's likely for Trump to pull ahead, but it's quite possible.

I also believe that it's more likely that a Trump victory will be in the EV, only; he will not win the popular vote.  If that happens, the EC will be on life support, and we will move to a popular vote system within 2 years.

If Hillary were Ronald Reagan, she'd have this thing locked up.  If she were Barack Obama, she'd be 10 points up, firm.  If she were George H. W. Bush, she'd be up beyond being caught.  If she were JOHN KERRY, she'd be firmly ahead.  I have no doubt about these things.  But she's Hillary Clinton, scheming, self-absorbed, sleazebag.  And the e-mail scandals reinforce this with voters, and rightly so.  Donald Trump is, perhaps, blessed by having to run against a candidate who has no MORAL authority whatsoever with any part of the populace, save the Feminist Left, who view this campaign as the pursuit of a trophy.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2016, 08:33:24 AM »

I also believe that it's more likely that a Trump victory will be in the EV, only; he will not win the popular vote.  If that happens, the EC will be on life support, and we will move to a popular vote system within 2 years.

If Hillary were Ronald Reagan, she'd have this thing locked up.  If she were Barack Obama, she'd be 10 points up, firm.  If she were George H. W. Bush, she'd be up beyond being caught.  If she were JOHN KERRY, she'd be firmly ahead.  I have no doubt about these things.  But she's Hillary Clinton, scheming, self-absorbed, sleazebag.  And the e-mail scandals reinforce this with voters, and rightly so.  Donald Trump is, perhaps, blessed by having to run against a candidate who has no MORAL authority whatsoever with any part of the populace, save the Feminist Left, who view this campaign as the pursuit of a trophy.

She has enormous moral authority over Trump and the deranged fascists who back him.
mark_twain
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2016, 09:08:21 AM »

The only way for Trump to come back now is for Hillary to give up the race and hand it to him. And everyone knows, including Trump himself, that Hillary will never give up.

So what we see happening now (no surprise) is Trump doing everything he can to worsen his chances to win the election, throwing away his teleprompters and being an idiot, to the point of the voters identifying him with that behavior.

He may not know it himself, but his post-election life is now being jeopardized by his desperate tactics in the race.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2016, 09:15:11 AM »

She has enormous moral authority over Trump and the deranged fascists who back him.

That's an opinion.  It's not supported by poll numbers.  If it were, she'd be on the way to a 50 state landslide.

Oh, and the hardworking families that are voting for Trump aren't deranged fascists.  They're folks doing the best they can with what they have to work with in this election.  I am progressively coming to believe that the folks that spout this kind of drivel don't have jobs and families; they only have their single selves and their own self-righteous opinions.  I can draw conclusions about people I disagree with, too.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2016, 09:44:03 AM »

The fat lady is warming up the tonsils.

It's all theatre and puppets from now on.

Donald looked promising in the primaries, but unhinged significantly in the main event.
Panda Express

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2016, 09:50:29 AM »

I also believe that it's more likely that a Trump victory will be in the EV, only; he will not win the popular vote.  If that happens, the EC will be on life support, and we will move to a popular vote system within 2 years.

If Hillary were Ronald Reagan, she'd have this thing locked up.  If she were Barack Obama, she'd be 10 points up, firm.  If she were George H. W. Bush, she'd be up beyond being caught.  If she were JOHN KERRY, she'd be firmly ahead.  I have no doubt about these things.  But she's Hillary Clinton, scheming, self-absorbed, sleazebag.  And the e-mail scandals reinforce this with voters, and rightly so.  Donald Trump is, perhaps, blessed by having to run against a candidate who has no MORAL authority whatsoever with any part of the populace, save the Feminist Left, who view this campaign as the pursuit of a trophy.

That's an opinion.  It's not supported by poll numbers.  

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2016, 10:17:02 AM »

That's an opinion.  It's not supported by poll numbers.  If it were, she'd be on the way to a 50 state landslide.

Oh, and the hardworking families that are voting for Trump aren't deranged fascists.  They're folks doing the best they can with what they have to work with in this election.  I am progressively coming to believe that the folks that spout this kind of drivel don't have jobs and families; they only have their single selves and their own self-righteous opinions.  I can draw conclusions about people I disagree with, too.

Your claim that she has no moral authority with any voters is an opinion directly contradicted by polls. You keep trying to tell yourself these things about Clinton to justify your support for Trump - something I think you deep down know to be a morally shameful thing to do.

This is not about "drawing conclusions about people I disagree with". You can be a hardworking family and still be fascist. There is no actual justification to support Trump (which is why you run away from these arguments all the time once you're confronted with simple facts about the election) beyond being either insane (e.g. believing that Clinton is a prop for the lizard-people conspiracy of Jews and Free Masons secretly running our world) or evil (e.g. liking the idea of mass murder of innocent people).

If you have a family that you care for you should be ashamed of yourself for casting a vote that puts them in danger and threatens the constitutional rights and social fabric of your country. If you're gonna whine about this upsetting you again, I'm still waiting for your explanation of how you think my rhetoric is inappropriate for a moderator but you're fine with your president talking like Trump.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2016, 10:26:54 AM »

I also believe that it's more likely that a Trump victory will be in the EV, only; he will not win the popular vote.  If that happens, the EC will be on life support, and we will move to a popular vote system within 2 years.

If Hillary were Ronald Reagan, she'd have this thing locked up.  If she were Barack Obama, she'd be 10 points up, firm.  If she were George H. W. Bush, she'd be up beyond being caught.  If she were JOHN KERRY, she'd be firmly ahead.  I have no doubt about these things.  But she's Hillary Clinton, scheming, self-absorbed, sleazebag.  And the e-mail scandals reinforce this with voters, and rightly so.  Donald Trump is, perhaps, blessed by having to run against a candidate who has no MORAL authority whatsoever with any part of the populace, save the Feminist Left, who view this campaign as the pursuit of a trophy.

That's an opinion.  It's not supported by poll numbers.  

So... running the numbers... his cult of personality extends to... half of his voters. Huh... maybe Clinton wasn't so wrong after all.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies