Is it too late for Trump to pull ahead? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:24:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is it too late for Trump to pull ahead? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 108

Author Topic: Is it too late for Trump to pull ahead?  (Read 3896 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 05, 2016, 05:26:20 PM »

I'm usually pessimistic, and am still worried about Hillary losing, but I'm starting to think it's really too late for Trump. The best he can do, assuming amazing debate performances, nothing but teleprompter reading for the next month, plus a few gaffes by Hillary, is to pull even and make it 2000 all over again, though this time the Dems will have the advantage due to superior ground game. I don't think its possible for Trump to pull ahead and win by a Bush 2004 margin in either the PV or EV.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 05:49:32 PM »

No. The last thing Democrats should be doing right now is getting complacent.

As I acknowledged, Trump could definitely still pull out a squeaker. But I think any form a decisive win, even a Carter 1976 performance is impossible at this point barring some major shake up in the race.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 08:39:11 AM »

I think he can change the narrative with the town hall this Sunday, but most likely, she seals the deal then. She has much more experience with town halls.

But even if he makes a comeback at the town hall, isn't the best he can do at this point is drawn even? I don't see him taking a decisive lead like Hillary has.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 10:02:45 PM »

This thread is based on an assumption that Donald Trump is behind. That is merely an assumption. Several current polls place Donald Trump in the lead. The LA Times tracker has given him a small but persistent lead. It's methodology is different than most polls. If it's methodology is correct, Trump may very well be in the lead. If it is flawed, then, maybe Donald Trump is currently behind. In 2012, the Times tracker was claimed to be an outlier. Turns out it projected Obama's final margin. Salt to taste.

Whenever a campaign's supporters start spouting garbage like this, you know they've lost.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 08:20:56 PM »

At this point, with 24 (basically 23) days left to go, I now think it's pretty clearly too late. Unless the polls are horribly wrong this race isn't going back to a tie, and under no conceivable circumstance does Trump pull ahead.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies