HuffPo: Trump's Debate Practice is a Joke (AGAIN) | Update: More on Politico
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:58:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  HuffPo: Trump's Debate Practice is a Joke (AGAIN) | Update: More on Politico
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: HuffPo: Trump's Debate Practice is a Joke (AGAIN) | Update: More on Politico  (Read 1320 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 07, 2016, 12:16:08 AM »
« edited: October 07, 2016, 08:46:51 AM by Arch »

Because it worked so well for him the first time around.

"Based on his rambling answers, Trump did not appear to use a two-minute countdown clock that would have helped him prepare for Sunday’s town hall format.

If he wanted to lower expectations for Sunday, he succeeded.

As usual, he took a dig at Clinton’s preparation by drawing attention to her health.

“You really think Hillary Clinton is debate prepping? Hillary Clinton is resting,” he said.

He also complained about the first debate, insisting he received more difficult questions than Clinton."

Link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-debate-prep_us_57f6ea0ee4b0e655eab346d4

More on Politico: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-town-hall-debate-prep-229267

"Trump’s campaign did place a two-minute countdown clock in front of their candidate on Thursday. He repeatedly blew past that time limit anyway.

“I said forget debate prep. I mean, give me a break,” Trump said at one point. “Do you really think that Hillary Clinton is debate-prepping for three or four days. Hillary Clinton is resting, okay?"
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 12:23:05 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2016, 12:31:14 AM by Ronnie »

I watched part of the "town hall" tonight, and most of the questions people posed to him were ridiculous softballs, along the lines of "I am Hispanic and a big fan of yours, but none of my Hispanic friends want to support you for reasons that elude me.  How do I convince them that you'll Make America Great Again?"  I think Megyn Kelly hit the nail on the head last night on her show: Trump has lately refused to even tiptoe outside his safe spaces.  If he doesn't get in any real prep, things are not going to go well for him on Sunday.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 12:37:00 AM »

I watched part of the "town hall" tonight, and most of the questions people posed to him were ridiculous softballs, along the lines of "I am Hispanic and a big fan of yours, but none of my Hispanic friends want to support you for reasons that elude me.  How do I convince them that you'll Make America Great Again?"  I think Megyn Kelly hit the nail on the head last night on her show: Trump has lately refused to even tiptoe outside his safe spaces.  If he doesn't get in any real prep, things are not going to go well for him on Sunday.

I would go even further and say that, if he hasn't this late already, he's practically doomed on Sunday. A couple of days to go, and he has still done no real preparation.
psychprofessor

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 12:44:56 AM »

chris christie is rehearsing with him how to say "sit down and shut up" in a presidential tone
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 12:48:57 AM »

I'd really like to see a reputable poll of SD. If Trump again fails to debate properly, Clinton should at least "test the waters" in SD. Remember, #ALWAYSHILLARY in the primary, even though it didn't quite fit into her coalition in 2016 and the nomination was already Obama's in 2008. It could be a lot more competitive than a lot of people think.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 01:05:55 AM »

I'd really like to see a reputable poll of SD. If Trump again fails to debate properly, Clinton should at least "test the waters" in SD. Remember, #ALWAYSHILLARY in the primary, even though it didn't quite fit into her coalition in 2016 and the nomination was already Obama's in 2008. It could be a lot more competitive than a lot of people think.

stop

stop stop stop stop

stop, stop stop stop stop.  stop stop.  stop?  stop stop stop stop stop, stop stop.  stop stop stop stop stop stop.  stop!  stop stop; stop stop stop stop stop stop stop.

p.s. stop
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 01:10:33 AM »

stop

stop stop stop stop

stop, stop stop stop stop.  stop stop.  stop?  stop stop stop stop stop, stop stop.  stop stop stop stop stop stop.  stop!  stop stop; stop stop stop stop stop stop stop.

p.s. stop

If it ends up within 5% on election day, I'll accept my accolades.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 01:20:01 AM »

stop

stop stop stop stop

p.s. stop

The power of Happy South Dakota Farmers can't be underestimated. Wink

Anyway, it's clear that Trump isn't willing to do what's necessary to improve his chances of winning. He'd probably rather just be Trump, even if that means losing badly.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 01:33:15 AM »

The fat lady is warming up on her vocal runs, getting ready to take the stage.  Will she appear at the end of the second debate?
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 01:47:40 AM »

He's just playing the expectations game!!  Trumpslide incoming.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 02:29:53 AM »

Because it worked so well for him the first time around.

"Based on his rambling answers, Trump did not appear to use a two-minute countdown clock that would have helped him prepare for Sunday’s town hall format.

If he wanted to lower expectations for Sunday, he succeeded.

As usual, he took a dig at Clinton’s preparation by drawing attention to her health.

“You really think Hillary Clinton is debate prepping? Hillary Clinton is resting,” he said.

He also complained about the first debate, insisting he received more difficult questions than Clinton."

Link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-debate-prep_us_57f6ea0ee4b0e655eab346d4

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA *gasps for breath*
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 02:35:01 AM »

stop

stop stop stop stop

p.s. stop

If it ends within 5% on election day, it will have precious little to do with Clinton having two narrow primary wins.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 02:45:03 AM »

Donald Trump is a joke.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 03:54:28 AM »

stop

stop stop stop stop

p.s. stop

If it ends within 5% on election day, it will have precious little to do with Clinton having two narrow primary wins.

TBF, her 2008 win wasn't "narrow".
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 03:57:47 AM »

Honestly, I just can't stop laughing about this orange-skinned clown every single day. He's such a joke, that is, to put it in his own words, beyond believe. His campaign or so-called "movement" will go down in history is the greatest hoax in American politics.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2016, 05:07:00 AM »

stop

stop stop stop stop

p.s. stop

Not going to happen.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 06:11:08 AM »

Maybe I'm missing something but why did everyone just let Wulfric completely hijack the thread to spout that South Dakota nonsense? Huh
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 08:45:40 AM »

More on Politico: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-town-hall-debate-prep-229267

"Trump’s campaign did place a two-minute countdown clock in front of their candidate on Thursday. He repeatedly blew past that time limit anyway.

“I said forget debate prep. I mean, give me a break,” Trump said at one point. “Do you really think that Hillary Clinton is debate-prepping for three or four days. Hillary Clinton is resting, okay?"
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 08:45:53 AM »

The fat lady is warming up on her vocal runs, getting ready to take the stage.  Will she appear at the end of the second debate?

Hillary might not be in the best of health, but obesity is Donald's problem, not hers.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 09:00:48 AM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Trump does not want to win.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 09:02:22 AM »

I've always said that Trump wanted to say he won, but not the work that comes with it.

If there's one thing that this campaign has shown, is that Trump is a lazy, lazy man at his core.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 09:05:09 AM »

So you're starting to see sense. There is a huge possibility that Bill and Donald are in on a joke on the American people, and a gift to Hillary. Trump's last debate performance couldn't have been any worse if he were trying to put Hillary in the White House, and his next won't be any better.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2016, 09:13:57 AM »

the scary thing is not that trump won't win or doesn't want to win....it's that could have won if he wanted to.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016, 09:29:04 AM »

So you're starting to see sense. There is a huge possibility that Bill and Donald are in on a joke on the American people, and a gift to Hillary. Trump's last debate performance couldn't have been any worse if he were trying to put Hillary in the White House, and his next won't be any better.
No. There is not. The possibility that Trump does not want to win is non-existent. It is a complete fiction. This is just what he is like.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2016, 09:32:22 AM »

it may look so easy but somehow i have the feeling, most political nerds would have done better than trump when filling for him during the last 2 months.

i got the feeling at some moments the country WANTED to love him.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies