Donald Trump caught on hot mic bragging about sexually assaulting women
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:26:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Donald Trump caught on hot mic bragging about sexually assaulting women
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27
Author Topic: Donald Trump caught on hot mic bragging about sexually assaulting women  (Read 45711 times)
Fusionmunster

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: October 08, 2016, 10:26:54 AM »

He cant be replaced on the ballot. What do they think will happen if he drops out?
Fargobison

« Reply #376 on: October 08, 2016, 10:30:34 AM »

He cant be replaced on the ballot. What do they think will happen if he drops out?

Electors can vote for who replaced him.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #377 on: October 08, 2016, 10:33:51 AM »

Okay, I take back what I said about Clinton not having a shot at winning Texas.

He's probably going to do a Jimmy Swaggart--just to keep his floor.  Otherwise, all that's left are the deplorables.
I get it why people call out conservative Christians supporting someone like Trump simply because, reprehensible comments or not, he lines up with them on issues more than Hillary.  They have a point.

Um, how?  I think the biggest problem for me this election has been evangelical support of Trump. And the only reason I can think of is abortion, and even that is fairly crazy because 1) what has he said about abortion, and 2) abortion rates have gone down under the baby-killing Comrade Obama.

What Christian values are evangelicals using to vote for Trump, and why aren't they voting for the Democratic ticket?  Especially given that the latter definitely seems to be the more "family values" ticket this year? 

I've been out of pocket due to Hurricane Matthew.  I'm posting at a wifi hotspot as I'm still without power.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not voting for Trump.  I will not vote for Hillary Clinton.  I will vote for Gary Johnson, unless, somehow, Trump is replaced as the GOP nominee, and I don't know if that's possible.

I don't know how Christians will react to it.  They've stomached a lot from Trump in terms of personal conduct (not that Hillary isn't deplorable herself).  

They've done so because Trump, while not a Godly man, is more favorable to many policy issues important to Christians.  He'll do the right thing in their eyes on Supreme Court nominees.  Hillary will, in their eyes, deal with conservative Christians in a persecutory way.  They fear she'll force "gay marriage" on churches, force religious organizations to hire gays and lesbians, even in areas such as teachers in religious schools, and she's for partial birth abortion, up until the last day of pregnancy, which, for me, is legal infanticide.  I've voted for pro-choice candidates over the years, but she's unusually vested in this issue, and Christians get that.  They're doing the best with what they've got.  Liberals ought to view themselves in the same manner when they vote for Hillary.  At best, both sides are guilty of a degree of willful blindness, but liberals who point the finger at conservative Christians have 3 fingers pointing back at them.  I'm willing to extend the grace to folks with red avatars here that some are doing the best they can with what they have to work with.  That folks like me receive little grace in return, only questions of my morality and sanity, is sad, but, perhaps, expected.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #378 on: October 08, 2016, 10:35:56 AM »

Many states have faithless elector laws; how these would play out in a situation where he drops out is going to be a mess, and would vary from state to state.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #379 on: October 08, 2016, 10:38:46 AM »

If anyone thought he might withdraw, he won't:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://mobile.twitter.com/costareports/status/784777995609333760?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #380 on: October 08, 2016, 10:41:11 AM »

I thought he was the best withdrawer? The greatest withdrawer the world had ever seen?
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #381 on: October 08, 2016, 10:42:39 AM »

Many states have faithless elector laws; how these would play out in a situation where he drops out is going to be a mess, and would vary from state to state.

I have a feeling that even with Trump staying in, there's a non-negligible chance that we will see some of those laws finally put to the test this election.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #382 on: October 08, 2016, 10:45:41 AM »

That has no informational value. Trump will say he is not withdrawing, until the very moment that he does. But yeah, given who Trump is, the odds that he does are very low, unless the pressure gets strong enough. If only there were a line of argument to be made that involved Donald's money. Hey Donald, if you don't drop out in two days, it will cost you 3 billion dollars. That would get Donald to drop out immediately.

End of fantasy.
Fargobison

« Reply #383 on: October 08, 2016, 10:49:29 AM »

I would guess they wouldn't prosecute if he quit. 

I think the real mess would be ballots already cast, those people clearly didn't vote for the new ticket.
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #384 on: October 08, 2016, 10:53:33 AM »

He's probably going to do a Jimmy Swaggart--just to keep his floor.  Otherwise, all that's left are the deplorables.
I get it why people call out conservative Christians supporting someone like Trump simply because, reprehensible comments or not, he lines up with them on issues more than Hillary.  They have a point.

Um, how?  I think the biggest problem for me this election has been evangelical support of Trump. And the only reason I can think of is abortion, and even that is fairly crazy because 1) what has he said about abortion, and 2) abortion rates have gone down under the baby-killing Comrade Obama.

What Christian values are evangelicals using to vote for Trump, and why aren't they voting for the Democratic ticket?  Especially given that the latter definitely seems to be the more "family values" ticket this year? 

This election has proven that most evangelical Christians are just disgusting hypocrites. These same losers excoriated Bill Clinton for his sordid affair with Lewinsky, saying that character matters in a President and that honor and dignity need to be restored to the White House. Now, they are supporting Trump. Give me a break.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #385 on: October 08, 2016, 10:53:54 AM »

He's come too far to quit now but even if he were to drop out, he would likely at least wait till after the 2nd debate and the next polling cycle to see where he stands.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #386 on: October 08, 2016, 10:54:16 AM »

He's probably going to do a Jimmy Swaggart--just to keep his floor.  Otherwise, all that's left are the deplorables.
I get it why people call out conservative Christians supporting someone like Trump simply because, reprehensible comments or not, he lines up with them on issues more than Hillary.  They have a point.

Um, how?  I think the biggest problem for me this election has been evangelical support of Trump. And the only reason I can think of is abortion, and even that is fairly crazy because 1) what has he said about abortion, and 2) abortion rates have gone down under the baby-killing Comrade Obama.

What Christian values are evangelicals using to vote for Trump, and why aren't they voting for the Democratic ticket?  Especially given that the latter definitely seems to be the more "family values" ticket this year?  

I've been out of pocket due to Hurricane Matthew.  I'm posting at a wifi hotspot as I'm still without power.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not voting for Trump.  I will not vote for Hillary Clinton.  I will vote for Gary Johnson, unless, somehow, Trump is replaced as the GOP nominee, and I don't know if that's possible.

I don't know how Christians will react to it.  They've stomached a lot from Trump in terms of personal conduct (not that Hillary isn't deplorable herself).  

They've done so because Trump, while not a Godly man, is more favorable to many policy issues important to Christians.  He'll do the right thing in their eyes on Supreme Court nominees.  Hillary will, in their eyes, deal with conservative Christians in a persecutory way.  They fear she'll force "gay marriage" on churches, force religious organizations to hire gays and lesbians, even in areas such as teachers in religious schools, and she's for partial birth abortion, up until the last day of pregnancy, which, for me, is legal infanticide.  I've voted for pro-choice candidates over the years, but she's unusually vested in this issue, and Christians get that.  They're doing the best with what they've got.  Liberals ought to view themselves in the same manner when they vote for Hillary.  At best, both sides are guilty of a degree of willful blindness, but liberals who point the finger at conservative Christians have 3 fingers pointing back at them.  I'm willing to extend the grace to folks with red avatars here that some are doing the best they can with what they have to work with.  That folks like me receive little grace in return, only questions of my morality and sanity, is sad, but, perhaps, expected.

Ok, but all of that is speculation that seems to be built on this crazy idea that has taken over in the last couple decades that "Christian = republican or else."  Im an evangelical Christian who's voting for Hillary Clinton because I believe her ideas and policies are much more in keeping with what a Christian should do than the opposition.

But anyway.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #387 on: October 08, 2016, 10:55:37 AM »

Over/under on Mike Pence going full Francis Urquhart and 'finishing' the job?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #388 on: October 08, 2016, 11:00:05 AM »

Having had a night to ruminate on this, I'll admit it's worse than I initially thought. It's still a pretty rotten move by the media timing-wise and overblown by the left, but for whatever reason it has emotionally pushed me back into firmly undecided territory. I'm seriously considering Castle despite absolutely abhorring his economic policies. Every choice is just so bad... I don't know.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #389 on: October 08, 2016, 11:03:22 AM »

He's never withdrawn? That's why he's so rich, keeping all that money in the bank...
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #390 on: October 08, 2016, 11:05:38 AM »

He's probably going to do a Jimmy Swaggart--just to keep his floor.  Otherwise, all that's left are the deplorables.
I get it why people call out conservative Christians supporting someone like Trump simply because, reprehensible comments or not, he lines up with them on issues more than Hillary.  They have a point.

Um, how?  I think the biggest problem for me this election has been evangelical support of Trump. And the only reason I can think of is abortion, and even that is fairly crazy because 1) what has he said about abortion, and 2) abortion rates have gone down under the baby-killing Comrade Obama.

What Christian values are evangelicals using to vote for Trump, and why aren't they voting for the Democratic ticket?  Especially given that the latter definitely seems to be the more "family values" ticket this year?  

Ok, but all of that is speculation that seems to be built on this crazy idea that has taken over in the last couple decades that "Christian = republican or else."  Im an evangelical Christian who's voting for Hillary Clinton because I believe her ideas and policies are much more in keeping with what a Christian should do than the opposition.

But anyway.

Hear hear!
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #391 on: October 08, 2016, 11:08:28 AM »

What is happening... is Pence trying to get off the ticket?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #392 on: October 08, 2016, 11:12:11 AM »

Ooo, or perhaps some collusion with the higher-ups? This is a juicy bit here.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #393 on: October 08, 2016, 11:14:20 AM »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE TRUE
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #394 on: October 08, 2016, 11:18:08 AM »

It's time to make America grope again.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #395 on: October 08, 2016, 11:18:43 AM »

This is a bigoted statement, unless you're OK with a double standard.  Bigoted, in all likelihood toward Conservative Christians and much of the white working class.  Perhaps that's OK on Atlas; I doubt it's any more OK with God than Trump's conduct.  Or Bill's.  Or Hillary's.

I know some conservative Christians. They have their norms for personal conduct. I asked one what he thought about gay-bashing after I was gay-bashed. He said that gay-bashing was the worst possible witness against homosexuality.

I concur with them about the fornication of Bill Clinton -- it was inexcusable. But at least his fornication had some element of consent. The stuff about Donald Trump is new.  It would have ensured that he would have lost in the primaries had it then been known.

Donald Trump is going to try to spin this story. I know how it goes: first there is denial, then there is trivialization, then the accusation that everyone else does it or everyone would do it if given the chance... and then perhaps some histrionic confession. If it weren't so histrionic, then the infamous confession of the disgraced televangelist Jimmy Swaggart wouldn't have been such a sick joke. Yes, Jimmy Swaggart is  about as media-savvy a person as Donald Trump.

The secret to avoiding such disclosures is to not do the disgraceful deeds to begin with. Thus if you take the honor code of the Service Academies (basically do not lie, do not cheat, and do not steal and do not tolerate lying, cheating, or stealing by others -- wording varies but the message is the same) The secret to avoiding trouble from lying is to not do deeds that one would need to lie about to maintain a personal image. People do not lie for the sake of lying. But as I would expect a draft-dodger-turned-militarist to be unaware of the Service Academies' honor codes in any form or to consider them irrelevant (I have done substitute teaching, and I find this honor code a good standard for my conduct as a substitute teacher) I can see the danger of being Commander-in-Chief, having subordinate to oneself people who take such an Honor Code seriously, who has a record of sexual assaults that anyone would have to hide to maintain credibility as a person.  

I would prefer that the President of the United States be as clean about sexuality at the least as Barack Obama or Jimmy Carter. The sexual assaults are serial adultery, a behavior that most decent, moral, hard-working Americans well know that they cannot get away with. Whether one is a conservative or a liberal has no bearing on whether what Donald Trump did is in any way excusable.    

Using a private server  is something that one might do if one is not up-to-date on the dangers of technology. I am 60, and I am fully-tech-savvy... for 1980 or so. I am guessing that Hillary Clinton was furious when her husband was shown to have fornicated. But even with Bill Clinton there is some evidence of consent by the women involved.

Were I a conservative Christian I could not in good conscience vote for Bill Clinton -- or Donald Trump. I would have to vote for a candidate who shares my values in practice in personal life over someone who mocks them in his behavior.      

The story has yet to fully sink in. White conservative Christians are generally more authoritarian and thus more amenable to the appeals of right-wing politicians who show such vices as greed, selfishness, cruelty, elitism, bigotry, anti-intellectualism, and violence.  The "feminist Left" and "secular liberals" were faster to recognize Donald Trump as a rogue.  But that is a correlation between politics and values. Conservative Christians are more likely to expect the worst of 'fallen Humanity' and tolerate some nastiness in political leaders, as Humanity itself is 'sinful'. But there are limits.  

OK. Gary Johnson isn't going to win. Hillary Clinton may seem flawed now, but she can be better than you think. Donald Trump cannot be.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #396 on: October 08, 2016, 11:20:14 AM »

I was not surprised when I heard of that whole thing. The Trumpster showed his real face. As Joe Biden (I think it was him?) once said: If someone shows you who he is, believe him in the first place.

#MakeAmericaSexistAgain
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #397 on: October 08, 2016, 11:30:38 AM »

everyone to Republican voters:

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #398 on: October 08, 2016, 11:39:46 AM »

He's never withdrawn? That's why he's so rich, keeping all that money in the bank...

I was thinking of a different sort of withdrawal. After all, it wouldn't be in keeping with Trump's alpha male fantasies to engage in coitus interruptus.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #399 on: October 08, 2016, 11:53:44 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies