Donald Trump caught on hot mic bragging about sexually assaulting women
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:37:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Donald Trump caught on hot mic bragging about sexually assaulting women
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27
Author Topic: Donald Trump caught on hot mic bragging about sexually assaulting women  (Read 45775 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: October 08, 2016, 07:43:15 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Trump mocking Wisconsin Republicans.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #526 on: October 08, 2016, 08:12:31 PM »

The Wall Street Journal writes this:

“Our party is in its deepest crisis since Watergate in 1974,” said Ron Nehring, former chairman of the California Republican Party, referring to the mid-term election when the resignation of then-President Richard M. Nixon led to a Democratic landslide. “It’s compounded by the fact that it doesn’t matter whether Donald Trump were to bow out. It’s too late to change the candidate on the ballot.”

There is some precedent for this.  In the 1990 Minnesota Governor's race, a scandal arose after the initial Republican nominee, businessman Jon Grunseth, beat Arne Carlson in the primary. On October 15, it was revealed that, in 1981, Grunseth had invited three then-teenaged friends of his stepdaughter, as well as his stepdaughter herself, to go skinny-dipping in the pool at his home.  This was devastating.  The Minnesota GOP, later than this date, abandoned Grunseth and named Carlson its nominee.  Carlson, who had not been the candidate for long, overtook the Democrat, Rudy Perpich, and was elected.

It's not a perfect match, but let's not forget that in the Presidential race, folks are voting for slates of electors.  It would take a bit of education to let voters know that a vote for Trump-Pence was a vote for Pence-Cruz (for example), but not that much, and it wouldn't matter in the Romney states much anyway. 

If Trump is dumped NOW, the GOP can win the election.  Most of the GOP have clean hands on this; they can say "I told you so!".  Pence has been well-received; he'll be a sympathetic figure, unlike the polarizing Clinton, and he's likely to keep all of Trump's base.  But it has to be now.  If Trump delays, or hangs in, I suspect that there will be, after all, a Goldwater-esque defeat for the GOP.  Trump would have brought this on himself.  But I will not relish the idea that Hillary Clinton would be elected thinking she has some kind of mandate.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #527 on: October 08, 2016, 08:17:09 PM »

rafta_rafta

« Reply #528 on: October 08, 2016, 08:21:20 PM »

The party shouldn't go by the loudest Trump supporters . In one of the nevada rallies, there was literally one guy booing over and over again.

These fellows are not in the majority, they are just very vocal. The sane people need to step up and claim the party back
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #529 on: October 08, 2016, 11:02:00 PM »

Just want to make sure that everyone is clear on the new bombshells (a summary) that came out Saturday, about various additional crude comments made by trump in his past :

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #530 on: October 09, 2016, 12:14:19 AM »

NBC News was aware and had the video footage for four days before the Washington Post attained it, they were afraid they would be sued if they aired it
Dakota Devil
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #531 on: October 09, 2016, 12:53:00 AM »

All of this and my Trump supporting Facebook "friends" are still defending him.  Apparently, Trump can do no wrong.  I honestly can't believe it.  Most of them are married and have daughters.  smh
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #532 on: October 09, 2016, 12:54:46 AM »

The lies on the page, they're too much!!!
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #533 on: October 09, 2016, 12:55:06 AM »

All of this and my Trump supporting Facebook "friends" are still defending him.  Apparently, Trump can do no wrong.  I honestly can't believe it.  Most of them are married and have daughters.  smh

I bet their wives and daughters like Trump too. Ugh.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #534 on: October 09, 2016, 01:06:59 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2016, 01:12:12 AM by HisGrace »

Quote from: Restricted

Looks like Trump's found a new campaign slogan!!!
Dakota Devil
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #535 on: October 09, 2016, 01:16:05 AM »

Unfortunately, I have seen several women defending him today too.  I want to ask them why/how you can be defending this guy right now, but I know it's not worth it.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #536 on: October 09, 2016, 08:50:46 AM »

so much for the famous liberal media:

NBC waited for green light from lawyers before airing Trump video <--- (for 4 days)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/nbc-delayed-publication-of-lewd-trump-tape-because-of-lawsuit-fears/2016/10/08/a3c6850e-8db9-11e6-875e-2c1bfe943b66_story.html

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #537 on: October 09, 2016, 08:52:38 AM »

I bet Bill Clinton has worse in his past, but he was a good president. We need to put these personal issues aside, both candidates need to start talking about what they can offer the country and addressing issues that are most important.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #538 on: October 09, 2016, 08:55:17 AM »

Unfortunately, I have seen several women defending him today too.  I want to ask them why/how you can be defending this guy right now, but I know it's not worth it.
The standard lines of defense seems to be:

- Men talk like that
- But Hillary (typically focusing on her defending child rapists, defending Bill, attacking Bill's victims, etc)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #539 on: October 09, 2016, 08:55:31 AM »

I bet Bill Clinton has worse in his past, but he was a good president. We need to put these personal issues aside, and both candidates need to start talking about what they can offer the country.

mister trump's campaign was always exclusive about personal issues. if you put those aside (which would be strange, since he obviously built his victories on them), what else does he have to offer?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #540 on: October 09, 2016, 08:56:22 AM »

(typically focusing on her defending child rapists, defending Bill, attacking Bill's victims, etc)

but women talk like that....it is known. ^^
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #541 on: October 09, 2016, 08:56:43 AM »

Trump mocking Wisconsin Republicans.

Nah, he's talking about the people who heckled Ryan.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #542 on: October 09, 2016, 08:56:53 AM »

I bet Bill Clinton has worse in his past, but he was a good president. We need to put these personal issues aside, and both candidates need to start talking about what they can offer the country.

mister trump's campaign was always exclusive about personal issues. if you put those aside (which would be strange, since he obviously built his victories on them), what else does he have to offer?

Change, strength, hope, & success.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #543 on: October 09, 2016, 08:59:05 AM »

Moral and financial bankruptcy isn't exactly change, strength, hope and success. You took the 1984 Orwell slogan to heart a bit
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #544 on: October 09, 2016, 09:00:52 AM »

as i have heard the american people are wary of hope and change after 8 year of the hope and change candidate.

hope was the message from the democratic convention, the republican one sounded more like salvation. (would explain all those evangelical leaders endorsing him)

success...well, i give you that, but it's the kind of success which only works if you screw everyone else. if the choice is between america and his own interets...i would be quite worried.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #545 on: October 09, 2016, 09:05:31 AM »

Moral and financial bankruptcy isn't exactly change, strength, hope and success. You took the 1984 Orwell slogan to heart a bit

A 3rd term of Obama doesn't sound like change to the American peoples' ears at all. Madam status quo can only bring more of the same to Washington.

Is it okay for Trump to call Ivanka a "piece of ass"?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #546 on: October 09, 2016, 09:06:37 AM »

1984 was Morning in America, after all.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #547 on: October 09, 2016, 09:07:23 AM »

as i have heard the american people are wary of hope and change after 8 year of the hope and change candidate.

hope was the message from the democratic convention, the republican one sounded more like salvation. (would explain all those evangelical leaders endorsing him)

success...well, i give you that, but it's the kind of success which only works if you screw everyone else. if the choice is between america and his own interets...i would be quite worried.

The difference is that Hillary can be influenced by donors & big banks, but yet Trump is his own man and would make decisions in the best interest of the American people. The American dream will be restored and all would be granted prosperity yet again, we need a doer and someone who is proactive in the White House and can't afford Hillary to win, she will only bring more of the same.

And Trump isn't influenced by big banks and donors? His business is built on debt and is a spider web of criminal activity and conflicting debt. He'd sell out the country for a buck in a second and then blame everyone else for it.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #548 on: October 09, 2016, 09:07:55 AM »

A 3rd term of Obama doesn't sound like change to the American peoples' ears at all. Madam status quo can only bring more of the same to Washington.

Is it okay for Trump to call Ivanka a "piece of ass"?

Not on a moral level, no. But that is irrelevant to the country. Is it okay for Hillary to call half of Trump supporters "a basket of deplorables"? Just look at how she treats the working class, and they will undeniably deliver a victory for Trump.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #549 on: October 09, 2016, 09:11:50 AM »

The difference is that Hillary can be influenced by donors & big banks, but yet Trump is his own man and would make decisions in the best interest of the American people. The American dream will be restored and all would be granted prosperity yet again, we need a doer and someone who is proactive in the White House and can't afford Hillary to win, she will only bring more of the same.

And Trump isn't influenced by big banks and donors? His business is built on debt and is a spider web of criminal activity and conflicting debt. He'd sell out the country for a buck in a second and then blame everyone else for it.

He would never do that, this man is authentic and a truth teller. Hillary, on the other hand, does anything she's told to do and is a puppet. She is a total liar and she has no respect for working people or life.

And this is why it's accurate to call you and Trumpers deplorable, anyone who actually thinks it's ok for Trump to say and believe everything he says and does is a deplorable pile of feces and in all honesty mentally ill.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies