Donald Trump caught on hot mic bragging about sexually assaulting women (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:43:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Donald Trump caught on hot mic bragging about sexually assaulting women (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Donald Trump caught on hot mic bragging about sexually assaulting women  (Read 45842 times)
rafta_rafta

« on: October 07, 2016, 03:11:09 PM »
« edited: October 10, 2016, 07:02:20 PM by rafta_rafta »

This is big

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-recorded-having-extremely-lewd-conversation-about-women-in-2005/2016/10/07/3b9ce776-8cb4-11e6-bf8a-3d26847eeed4_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_no-name%3Apage%2Fbreaking-news-bar&tid=a_breakingnews
rafta_rafta

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 03:15:10 PM »

Why didn't Jeb Bush spend any of his 100 million on opposition research  when it was apparent that Trump was the frontrunner. Amateur hour at the GOP
rafta_rafta

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 03:18:11 PM »

"I did try and f*** her, she was married..."

This needs to be an ad ASAP, though it should be a Super PAC, not the actual Hillary campaign, because then Trump will just use it to attack Bill Clinton.

Nah they wont push it through the super pacs and the official campaign. Should be pushed through the media.

rafta_rafta

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 03:29:01 PM »

If this doesn't sink him, then the election of Donald Trump was inevitable
rafta_rafta

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 03:33:19 PM »

I'm not convinced that this hurts Trump much. It's not exactly surprising. Probably not to his supporters either. Trump has cultivated a playboy image, has been married three times and has had publically kniwn affairs.

It's not about his supporters. It's about how it plays with suburban white women. They are the most crucial electorate for Donald Trump
rafta_rafta

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 03:34:02 PM »

So I guess no one here has ever interacted with a human before, is that it?

You're despicable.

Look, I've never spoken in this language, but this is how the vast majority of boys speak. Expecting more from our leaders is only going to disappoint us.

God forbid we hold our leaders to higher standards than a drunk in the pub
rafta_rafta

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 03:49:53 PM »

The best thing for them is this came out on a Friday evening in the midst of a hurricane.

Yeah they should've waited till tomorrow. the NYT story last week was perfect timing. Trump simply cannot afford another damaging week of news cycle.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 03:59:26 PM »

My feeling is this originated with the Clinton campaign. And if it did, it shows that they probably have the whole month choreographed with a drip of new leaks.

Most probably. There is surgical precision in the way white women are being targeted.

But you never know , Wapo has done some great investigative reporting this season, especially Farenthold and Eichenwald
rafta_rafta

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 04:15:37 PM »

Just watched it and, while it will move like hotcakes on the networks, I don't think it will hurt him with his supporters. To be honest, it will probably help him, as he comes across and behaves, like a regular Joe. Other than lewd language, he doesn't do anything inappropriate, and Bush is certainly playing along, if not outright goading him.

Where it will hurt him is with independent women voters.

And, I  think he has said and done far worse in this campaign.

But frankly, he is done anyway. Short of a story breaking that Clinton was having a lesbian affair with Putin's girlfriend, while sending classified info on an open server to the Iranians, nothing can save Donald.

His supporters are a lost cause. Like Trump himself said, he could shoot someone and a core group of 20-30% of voters would praise him for a good aim.

But there are college educated whites who will find it hard to square their support with this news. Without college educated whites, it will take a biblical proportion of non college educated whites to turn out for Trump so he wins the election. There is no indication yet that this is happening
rafta_rafta

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 04:19:56 PM »

This news has totally pre-empted CNN's hurricane coverage.

Should have broken it tomorrow IMHO while the hurricane is fading off the screens
rafta_rafta

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 04:27:53 PM »

I wonder how Ted Cruz is feeling about that endorsement now?

Cruz and Ryan have such poor timing. After holding their own during Trump's surge , they seem to be supporting him after he got caught with his pants down.

I wonder if it was intentional to court his base while he crashes and burns or just a bad read of the political situation
rafta_rafta

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 04:33:00 PM »

Well at least one Bush beat Donald
rafta_rafta

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 04:42:21 PM »

So you don't care a man is bragging about feeling up women who didn't want to be felt up.  Republicans thoughts on sexual assault.  It always gets worse.

I kinda already assume a large number of celebrities act like sex-crazed pigs without moral scruples. Dragging this up now just reeks of by-the-numbers media "gotcha" games.

come on man, this is low.

this is about the presidential elections, it's a higher moral standard. Let's not pretend like people are deciding who'll be fired on The Apprentice
rafta_rafta

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 04:51:08 PM »

How much coverage is this getting? My usual test is to google Trump (didn't come up)

but it's getting big movement on twitter

It's on all the cable networks--CNN, MSNBC, even Fox.  

Yup, CNN panel essentially saying it is over for Trump. Dem Sen and House candidates need to move quick to lock in their opponents and pin Trump on every down ballot race.

But Jeffrey Lord, Scottie Nell Hughes and Kayleigh McEnany still to come LOL

You forgot Lewandowski, Trump Surrogate CNN presenter
rafta_rafta

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 05:07:40 PM »

When did Jimmy Carter ever say anything close to this?

Not trying to be argumentative, but don't recall ever hearing anything like this from the Southern Baptist....

He gave an interview to Playboy which became a huge political issue at the time
rafta_rafta

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2016, 05:11:51 PM »

As a women, i find it deeply disgusting, upsetting and rude the way he bragged about it, but to be honest, arent most men with power or influence like that? Jimmy carter, Bill Clinton, Sarkozy, Francois Hollande, etc.

Its a shame that it became a norm for Men with power to use and abuse women,

I genuinely feel sorry for Melania, she seem like a nice person and she have rightly distanced herself from this campaign. 

As for the election, women will continue to loathe him,

When did Jimmy Carter ever say anything close to this?

Not trying to be argumentative, but don't recall ever hearing anything like this from the Southern Baptist....
"I've looked on a lot of women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times." Jimmy carter

so much for being a man of faith

You must be living on another planet if you think that's comparable to Trump's comments
rafta_rafta

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 05:48:38 PM »

Paul Ryan just signed a sexual assault bill.

This is going to be delicious if reporters are going to ask him about them "Grab them  by the pu**y" comments tomorrow
rafta_rafta

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 05:58:38 PM »

lol at comparing French politics with American ones, especially when talking about the conservative party nominee. Attitudes about sex are much more liberal in France and this kind of comment would have buried any french politician as well
rafta_rafta

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 06:10:37 PM »

lol at comparing French politics with American ones, especially when talking about the conservative party nominee. Attitudes about sex are much more liberal in France and this kind of comment would have buried any french politician as well

Sigh, this is the third time I'm saying it, I'm not comparing by an means, I just gave random examples.

You are comparing vastly different situations

1) Jimmy Carter gave one freaking interview to playboy where he admitted to having lust in his heart. It's a nothing issue that was highlighted only because of his evangelical background

2) Francois hollande or Sarkozy's marriages and affairs could have been a big deal in American politics but are fairly routine in French society.

What Trump said is in a totally different ballpark to these situations. Imagine a United States President saying "grab her by the pussy" and getting caught on video.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 06:40:58 PM »

It's hard to believe Donald Trump hasn't spread a lot of STI's with the revelation of his routine sexual assault during his third marriage.

The Donald once said that avoiding STIs was his personal Vietnam
rafta_rafta

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 06:59:26 PM »

Out of all things Trump has said this is the most benign thing. Two guys having a chat how they would like to bang some chick. Also Donald being Donald brags a little. NO BIG DEAL! But I have no doubt that this will sink Trump the most. Not muslims comments, not "mexican thing", this will probably sink him because media will have a field day. And that tells you something about usa elections.

How is grabbing a woman by the p**** and bragging that you could get away with it since you are rich benign?

He said, THEY LET YOU DO IT. It's benign. No evidence this ever happened. Just guy talk.

Delete your account
rafta_rafta

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2016, 11:53:44 AM »

rafta_rafta

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2016, 12:16:40 PM »

rafta_rafta

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2016, 12:27:46 PM »

Et tu Arnold

rafta_rafta

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2016, 01:33:47 PM »

whoa is this really happening? Is Trump going to be dumped
Pages: [1] 2