Donald Trump caught on hot mic bragging about sexually assaulting women (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:36:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Donald Trump caught on hot mic bragging about sexually assaulting women (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Donald Trump caught on hot mic bragging about sexually assaulting women  (Read 45857 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 07, 2016, 03:27:54 PM »
« edited: October 07, 2016, 03:30:42 PM by NOVA Green »

Damn!

Just heard the audio on this, and it is bad..... very bad.... even way worse than many of this previous statements when talking about women.

I'm sure TV commercials are being produced as we speak, and his collapse among female voters and indies will likely drop even further than it has over the past two weeks in the critical election endgame.

Also, this might drive some evangelical Republicans to stay home or vote 3rd party.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 03:31:52 PM »

Sad as it is to say this won't hurt his numbers. He has about 40% of the country locked no matter what he does.

I think his numbers could well collapse further after this....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 04:41:44 PM »

How much coverage is this getting? My usual test is to google Trump (didn't come up)

but it's getting big movement on twitter

It's on all the cable networks--CNN, MSNBC, even Fox.  

I switched to CNN and then Fox to see how this story was playing, and did see CNN discussing this in detail.

I switched to Fox and saw some really long infomercials targeting old voters (Buy one of our super pillows and get another one free, ads for diabetic medication, etc...) and then coverage of Matthew, and then a dramatic "breaking news" about Clinton email scandals looking like a tabloid trash photo of Clinton with dark sunglasses and "confirmation" from Senior Obama sources that there was a secret collusion between the Obama Administration and the Clinton folks to "cover up" email scandals.

What a joke of a "News Network".

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 04:48:42 PM »

Matthew Dowd ‏@matthewjdowd  7m7 minutes ago
I have six brothers, and three sons.  This isn't boys will be boys stuff.  This is him celebrating his ability to sexually assault someone.

This is GWBush's campaign strategist from 2004 and ABC news chief political reporter

Most Republicans do not condone sexual assault, let alone "locker room jokes and banter" of such a nature.

Just a few days ago VP Biden did a non-political gig and crashed "incognito" a frat party or something of that nature at a university in VA (?) to do a PSA regarding sexual assaults.

I totally agree that this is something that will not play well at all in "real America" regardless of political, partisan, age, economic, ethnicity, gender, and religious affiliation.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 05:02:35 PM »

I think the real news here is that a 60 year old man thought money bought him the right to grope vaginas and likely still thinks that way.

It does play into the narrative of a "rich Billionaire" that thinks he is so powerful that he can act with complete impunity, even insinuating that he is so rich and powerful that he can force women to do his biding, even to the point where "joking" about sexual assault is somehow cool and normal.

For the record: I am not a huge Clinton fan, but my Republican family, friends, and coworkers that considered voting for Obama in '08/'12 that come from traditional Moderate Republican backgrounds for a mix of the three pillars of "Reagan Republicanism", social, foreign policy, and economics will not be amused in any way shape or form. This includes lifelong Republican women....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 05:04:43 PM »

As a women, i find it deeply disgusting, upsetting and rude the way he bragged about it, but to be honest, arent most men with power or influence like that? Jimmy carter, Bill Clinton, Sarkozy, Francois Hollande, etc.

Its a shame that it became a norm for Men with power to use and abuse women,

I genuinely feel sorry for Melania, she seem like a nice person and she have rightly distanced herself from this campaign.  

As for the election, women will continue to loathe him,

When did Jimmy Carter ever say anything close to this?

Not trying to be argumentative, but don't recall ever hearing anything like this from the Southern Baptist....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 05:49:43 PM »

I think some college and/or professional sports guys should shoot some videos in their locker rooms talking about respecting women. You don't even need to mention Trump or the video but just get the message out, men aren't all pigs when in locker rooms. 

I'm surprised this hasnt actually happened. 

Maybe greater awareness of issues of sexual harassment and assault will be one of the few positive outcomes from this General Election.

These tapes come out only a week after Honest Joe crashed the college party in VA (?) to do a PSA regarding rape culture on college campuses and how men in particular need to be aware of their comments and actions, and do the right thing when they see situations that could potentially end up as rape/non-consensual sex.

I don't know if this message is something that needs to be explicitly political, since this is an issue that impacts all Americans, regardless of political affiliation, race/ethnicity, religion, etc....  but I do believe that all of the recent attention that Trump's comments have received certainly make it an ideal time for this to be addressed in PSAs aimed at younger men in particular, and that certain types of behavior is "not normal".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies