Clinton transcripts for everyone (#Wikileaks)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:17:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton transcripts for everyone (#Wikileaks)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Clinton transcripts for everyone (#Wikileaks)  (Read 5799 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2016, 05:33:50 PM »

Let's hope that the President-elect keeps her promise of open borders! Cheesy

From your lips to His ears!
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2016, 05:35:33 PM »

In an ordinary election cycle this might have been a "47 percent moment" for Clinton. But Trump has had a lot more scandals and the latest hot mic thing might indeed bury this somewhat.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2016, 05:37:52 PM »

I mean, there is hardly anything here that is objectionable. Most of wikileaks' spin is taking things out of context or really just jumping to conclusions that they want. A reading of the transcript shows a fairly normal speech. There is no equivalency between this and Trump's audio.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2016, 05:40:43 PM »

Theres nothing in here? Why didnt she release these months ago?
dspNY
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2016, 05:41:17 PM »

There is a part about Clinton being more favorable to "single payer" which actually helps her among the Democratic base

The part which could hurt is her admitting she is "out of touch" but she can spin that by saying "During this run for President, I had to learn how to be in touch again with the American people" and turn it into a positive...

The public and private position on policy part is a nothingburger because everyone knows you can't always get what you want

Clinton's comments about Wall Street are basically blaming Wall Street for not being responsible. I'm not sure anything is wrong with that. In fact, she's the one who can make them and actually get them to change their act as POTUS. Nothing wrong with talking about TR's Square Deal and contrasting that with Trump's free-for-all carnivore capitalism

The people who know the financial industry the best ARE the people who work in the industry. Again, she can simply say "they were irresponsible, I told them that numerous times, and as President, with the help of Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders and the Democrats, I can make them responsible again."

The part about needing Wall Street funding was partially disproven by Sanders' run in the primary, but she can say "Citizens United was created to stop me. I will stop Citizens United"

Simpson-Bowles is problematic from a liberal base perspective, but not for swing voters

The hemispheric open market comments are problematic

dspNY
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2016, 05:43:25 PM »

If that was the best stuff Assange had, then it begs the question why she didn't release them. There really isn't anything super bad in them
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2016, 05:45:58 PM »

If that was the best stuff Assange had, then it begs the question why she didn't release them. There really isn't anything super bad in them

"my dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders"

Does that not make it clear that she is not actually against TPP? Especially combined with the other comment where she says that "you need both a public and a private position".
psychprofessor

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2016, 05:46:16 PM »

There is a part about Clinton being more favorable to "single payer" which actually helps her among the Democratic base

The part which could hurt is her admitting she is "out of touch" but she can spin that by saying "During this run for President, I had to learn how to be in touch again with the American people" and turn it into a positive...

The public and private position on policy part is a nothingburger because everyone knows you can't always get what you want

Clinton's comments about Wall Street are basically blaming Wall Street for not being responsible. I'm not sure anything is wrong with that. In fact, she's the one who can make them and actually get them to change their act as POTUS. Nothing wrong with talking about TR's Square Deal and contrasting that with Trump's free-for-all carnivore capitalism

The people who know the financial industry the best ARE the people who work in the industry. Again, she can simply say "they were irresponsible, I told them that numerous times, and as President, with the help of Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders and the Democrats, I can make them responsible again."

The part about needing Wall Street funding was partially disproven by Sanders' run in the primary, but she can say "Citizens United was created to stop me. I will stop Citizens United"

Simpson-Bowles is problematic from a liberal base perspective, but not for swing voters

She actually talks about never forgetting where she came from, even though she is now fortunate to not have to struggle for money. I don't see that as negative.

This was really weak and I agree, if this was a point of contention in the primary, there really wasn't anything glaring in here.
seb_pard
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2016, 05:46:29 PM »

This coming right on top of "hotmicgate" basically proves Assange is in the tank for Trump. His pretense of neutrality is dead.
Well, besides that, their vision on women are pretty similar.
seb_pard
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2016, 05:47:48 PM »

She actually talks about never forgetting where she came from, even though she is now fortunate to not have to struggle for money. I don't see that as negative.

This was really weak and I agree, if this was a point of contention in the primary, there really wasn't anything glaring in here.

I really like politicians who admits being out of touch with the struggles of the working class, I really don't get it how saying that is a bad thing.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2016, 05:48:51 PM »

Typical talking points and beliefs from a conservative Democrat. No bombshells.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2016, 05:51:26 PM »

You can believe in free trade and a common market and not support a specific trade deal. This isn't exactly rocket science.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2016, 05:52:35 PM »

The "public vs private position" isn't good, frankly. Nothing else leapt out at me.

That is the killer. But then just like the Trump comments, I think voters know this is how Hillary operates. She's disingenuous, and insincere. Both candidates are sad cases, but one of them is far more reckless than the other. And that is what is key in the end, when one has to choose between the two "deplorables."
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2016, 05:52:59 PM »

You can believe in free trade and a common market and not support a specific trade deal. This isn't exactly rocket science.
I hope in this case, she approves TPP.

Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2016, 05:53:50 PM »

So what this tells me is that she seeks fiscal responsibility.
I am in agreement with pretty much all the things she said so add another one to this makes me like her mote camp.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2016, 05:54:19 PM »

The "public vs private position" isn't good, frankly. Nothing else leapt out at me.

That is the killer. But then just like the Trump comments, I think voters know this is how Hillary operates. She's disingenuous, and insincere. Both candidates are sad cases, but one of them is far more reckless than the other. And that is what is key in the end, when one has to choose between the two "deplorables."
Are you f**king serious?

Wow. God I hate the balance fallacy.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2016, 05:55:42 PM »

Are you f**king serious?

Wow. God I hate the balance fallacy.

Feel free to elaborate. I don't understand your comment.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2016, 05:57:45 PM »

Dude, you support from the wifi lady.  You can't call yourself a progressive after that.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2016, 05:57:58 PM »

Is this supposed to be something so huge? I'm not seeing exactly what is so exciting about this.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2016, 05:58:49 PM »

Yep! She was always a centrist Democrat, like her husband, and that's wky i like her. She's a centrist who believes either side has ideas and we can work on them together. The problem for her is that the Democratic party, like the vast majority of center-left parties, have swung to the left and left the moderates basically homeless. She had to adapt herself to the circumstances like many politicians are trying to do. In her own way, she succeeded in adapting herself.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2016, 06:10:47 PM »

The only bad thing in here is her views on trade.....but I think everyone knows that she is not truly against TPP.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2016, 06:14:08 PM »

Dude, you support from the wifi lady.  You can't call yourself a progressive after that.

Over Clinton, heck yeah I do.

Yep! She was always a centrist Democrat, like her husband, and that's wky i like her. She's a centrist who believes either side has ideas and we can work on them together. The problem for her is that the Democratic party, like the vast majority of center-left parties, have swung to the left and left the moderates basically homeless. She had to adapt herself to the circumstances like many politicians are trying to do. In her own way, she succeeded in adapting herself.

Disagree that compromise is a viable tactic when dealing with the present Republican Party in virtually any respect, but I see your point. I don't consider myself a centrist, thus I don't support her. If you agree with those fundamentals, then by all means.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2016, 06:18:56 PM »

She dreams of "open borders" in the Western Hemisphere. Trump will repeat that again and again. That is the other big negative for her.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2016, 06:19:26 PM »

These make me like her even more.

She's trying to sell single-payer to the finance industry. She wants the Americas to eventually have the same kind of free movement as the EU. She says she agrees with the old "sausage-making" metaphor for policymaking. She's dreams of clean energy. What's so bad about this?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2016, 06:20:30 PM »

lolassange
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »