Clinton transcripts for everyone (#Wikileaks)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:54:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton transcripts for everyone (#Wikileaks)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Clinton transcripts for everyone (#Wikileaks)  (Read 5804 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2016, 07:11:39 PM »

Kind of amazing that we have an election where the Republican is having a scandal for being a sexual degenerate, and the Democrat is having a scandal for being an unfeeling laissez-faire capitalist.
This isn't a scandal.

I'm not making any false equivalency here.  I think this is much more trivial than the Trump tapes, but I also think it's mildly embarrassing.  And I do think it will be perceived as somewhat scandalous by a small swath of undecided Sanders types.

Honest question. Why do you think this is more trivial than the Trump tapes? This actualy has something to do with policy

I don't think that policy usually makes for better scandals Tongue But here's my basic explanation:

Eh, maybe, but I think in both instances, there's an effect of "I hear he's like that, but I've never seen it."  People have seen Trump be crass and demeaning.  But I do think that he gets in trouble when he does it with people who don't 'have it coming' -- when he punches down.  The Curiel and Khan incidents were such cases, and they seemed to hurt him.  I think this is an extreme case, in that it's vulgar, harder to defend as merely political sport (Curiel and Khan were defensible!), and basically the cartoonish extreme of several bad things people say about Trump.  I do think that has the capacity to hurt him among the "he's probably not as bad as they say" crowd.

As for Clinton, there's no recording, there's questions of authenticity, and more importantly, it's really just not as interesting or flashy.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2016, 07:14:29 PM »

Kind of amazing that we have an election where the Republican is having a scandal for being a sexual degenerate, and the Democrat is having a scandal for being an unfeeling laissez-faire capitalist.
This isn't a scandal.

I'm not making any false equivalency here.  I think this is much more trivial than the Trump tapes, but I also think it's mildly embarrassing.  And I do think it will be perceived as somewhat scandalous by a small swath of undecided Sanders types.

Honest question. Why do you think this is more trivial than the Trump tapes? This actualy has something to do with policy

I don't think that policy usually makes for better scandals Tongue But here's my basic explanation:

Eh, maybe, but I think in both instances, there's an effect of "I hear he's like that, but I've never seen it."  People have seen Trump be crass and demeaning.  But I do think that he gets in trouble when he does it with people who don't 'have it coming' -- when he punches down.  The Curiel and Khan incidents were such cases, and they seemed to hurt him.  I think this is an extreme case, in that it's vulgar, harder to defend as merely political sport (Curiel and Khan were defensible!), and basically the cartoonish extreme of several bad things people say about Trump.  I do think that has the capacity to hurt him among the "he's probably not as bad as they say" crowd.

As for Clinton, there's no recording, there's questions of authenticity, and more importantly, it's really just not as interesting or flashy.

And a lot of these opinions about Clinton are already baked into the electorate
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2016, 07:14:57 PM »

Malcolm Nance (counterterrorism/cyberwarfare expert) is saying that a good portion of the leaked emails/transcripts were doctored/faked

https://twitter.com/MalcolmNance/status/784539641529720832

Should provide proof. Just saying they are fake is not good enough.

For crying out loud, the fact that these were released right after Trump's horrible recording was released is all the proof anyone needs. This release was faked as a rapid response to defend Trump.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2016, 07:22:32 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2016, 07:24:06 PM by Spicy Purrito »

Malcolm Nance (counterterrorism/cyberwarfare expert) is saying that a good portion of the leaked emails/transcripts were doctored/faked

For crying out loud, the fact that these were released right after Trump's horrible recording was released is all the proof anyone needs. This release was faked as a rapid response to defend Trump.
So Trump's "secret weapon" is either treason,espionage (all punishable by death), or just pretending that his surrogates are traitors, war criminals, and spies. I am sure some of them are good people. 
bilaps
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2016, 07:30:40 PM »

So, I guess that FBI releasing reports on Hilary emails TWICE on friday afternoon are evidence about FBI bias for Clinton?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2016, 07:31:34 PM »

I have a hard time believing the direct quotes from Hillary's speeches are forged, but if they were, than Wikileaks really needs to look up the definition of damaging. The only thing that could bite her in the butt is the trade and border comment and even then she could say they were taken out of context.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2016, 07:35:56 PM »

So, I guess that FBI releasing reports on Hilary emails TWICE on friday afternoon are evidence about FBI bias for Clinton?

The FBI isn't an underground operation controlled by Russia in an attempt to influence the election.
bilaps
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2016, 07:37:26 PM »

The FBI isn't an underground operation controlled by Russia in an attempt to influence the election.

LOL. Drudge level conspiracy here.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2016, 07:38:36 PM »

It's no conspiracy or secret that Russia has ties to wikileaks.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2016, 07:39:35 PM »

Wikileaks is basically a maskirovka operation, a de-facto Russian intelligence arm
bilaps
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2016, 07:41:08 PM »

What kind of ties are that?
dspNY
United States

« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2016, 07:42:53 PM »

The vast majority of their leaked documents have Internet fingerprints/small pieces of data that indicate they went through Russian servers. Sometimes the documents themselves have a couple of letters of Russian/Cyrillic script on them
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2016, 07:43:53 PM »

She dreams of "open borders" in the Western Hemisphere. Trump will repeat that again and again. That is the other big negative for her.

That's not as effective an opening for Trump as he thinks. Sure, it works for his base, but beyond that people still think of Trump as the guy who is going to build a wall and make one of our allies pay for it. Him yelling "open borders" at the top of his lungs as he already does won't do much if anything at all.
bilaps
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2016, 07:45:08 PM »

The vast majority of their leaked documents have Internet fingerprints/small pieces of data that indicate they went through Russian servers. Sometimes the documents themselves have a couple of letters of Russian/Cyrillic script on them

Oh, come on. Could you show me this cyrillic script, i know cyrillic.

Also, wikileaks just publishes documents, the hackers obtain them. Some of the hackers are Russian, probably. But wikileaks started with a document dump from cables of the State Department. That had nothing to do with Russians.
egalitt
Russian Federation
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2016, 10:02:00 PM »

See here http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/john-podesta-wikileaks-hacked-emails-229304
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2016, 10:03:00 PM »

>Chipotle.

Lel. What a joke.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2016, 10:05:17 PM »

No one cares about Wikileaks. So what if Hillary was paid for private speeches.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2016, 10:24:59 PM »

Will Hillary drop out? She's a shill for Wall Street and is openly conspiring with the left-wing press. Breaking all sorts of campaign finance laws..

It's clearly time for her to go. Panic Democrats, panic!
dspNY
United States

« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2016, 10:26:04 PM »

Will Hillary drop out? She's a shill for Wall Street and is openly conspiring with the left-wing press. Breaking all sorts of campaign finance laws..

You obviously don't believe what you are saying, so I am impressed with the performance art
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2016, 10:26:57 PM »

i guess in 2016, watergate would have helped nixon through showing his genius.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2016, 10:30:03 PM »

What are your thoughts on Trump's disastrous day?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2016, 10:30:47 PM »

Pretty much a nothingburger.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2016, 10:36:22 PM »

Assange must be sweating like a dog right now.  Hot mic-gate forced his hand, and the leaks are still getting no media coverage.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2016, 12:21:59 AM »

Hmmm.. Seems like Hillary Clinton is saying one thing behind closed doors and quite another to the American public. Can there be any doubt she's FOR TPP?

From the Wikileaks release, which is getting overshadowed by Hillary's Trump distraction:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/927
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2016, 12:23:04 AM »

lol, Deplorably's late night panic posts are back. If anyone needed a clear indication, here it is.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies