Religious People - Where do you stand on the creationist/evolutionist scale? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:40:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Religious People - Where do you stand on the creationist/evolutionist scale? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Just pick the answer you are closest to
Young Earth Creationist - The world was created by a/some god(s), sometime in the last 10,000 years, in a short amount of time. Evolution is heresy.
Old Earth Creationist - Scientists are roughly correct about the age of the earth, but evolution did not happen. A/some god(s) created each species at certain times in history from dust or similar.
Progressive Creationist - Scientists are roughly correct about the age of the earth, and species did develop from previous species, but no actual evolution is present. A/some god(s) created new species out of parts of previous species without natural sele
Theistic Evolutionist - Scientists are roughly correct about the age of the earth, and natural selection did happen to a point. However, A/some god(s) guided the process throughout with a clear end goal in mind and did some of the "evolution" on
Darwinian Evolutionist - The theory of evolution is fully correct and valid. This does not prohibit a god from existing according to my beliefs.
Do not believe in any gods
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Religious People - Where do you stand on the creationist/evolutionist scale?  (Read 3981 times)
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 15, 2016, 04:22:09 PM »

The closest one to my views is Progressive Creationism. I believe in natural selection and that God created all general animals as they are now, but God created things like one canine, one feline, and through natural selection guided them to where they are now. I believe humanity was created as is.

That is one of the stupidest applications of moderate hero logic I've ever seen. Right on par with the XKCD cartoon on 9/11.

Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 02:04:53 PM »

Young Earth. Though am open to the day-age view.

6-12 thousand years at the most.

... What? There are enormous, even vast amounts of scientific proof to completely discredit any notion of a young earth. Have you never taken a course in Anthropology or Biology?

The funny part is that he is evidently married to a geologist.

But true. She is old  🌏. Astronomy tends to favor young earth however.

Huh?  Even young-Earth creationist astronomers like Jason Lisle acknowledge that the distant starlight problem poses a significant difficulty for a young universe model.  

Anyway, for me, I'm definitely a fan of the gap theory (often called the gap principle) - as there is too much scientific evidence contradicting a young Earth, and the exegesis makes sense with it.

Is that the one where God creates, destroys, and re-creates everything, and fossils are from the first creation?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies