If Trump Won't Drop Out Should Republicans Withold All Funds For Other Races?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:29:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If Trump Won't Drop Out Should Republicans Withold All Funds For Other Races?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should they?
Yes

No

Unsure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: If Trump Won't Drop Out Should Republicans Withold All Funds For Other Races?  (Read 786 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 07, 2016, 09:08:35 PM »

So if he refuses to drop out (which he will) should the RNC, all Republican doners, etc just withdraw all money for Trump and funnel them into the Congressional and Gubernatorial races?
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 09:12:10 PM »

So if he refuses to drop out (which he will) should the RNC, all Republican doners, etc just withdraw all money for Trump and funnel them into the Congressional and Gubernatorial races?

Is there no way they can force him out? Because he needs to go ASAP
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 09:13:34 PM »

Just drop out Donald.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 09:13:49 PM »

Supposedly they couldn't force him out as of September 1. He'd have to drop out on his own and then probably would be impossible to get anyone else on the ballot anywhere.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 09:14:03 PM »

Would it be legal to withhold funds? You know that Trump will have a tantrum. Not a pretty sight.
uti2

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 09:16:56 PM »

Supposedly they couldn't force him out as of September 1. He'd have to drop out on his own and then probably would be impossible to get anyone else on the ballot anywhere.

Not only that, but in some jurisdictions there are laws that the elector must cast their vote for the person's name specifically on the ballot, combine that with the 4-4 court.
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 09:18:00 PM »

So what happens if Trump drops out or is forced to drop out? Can the GOP put in a candidate?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 09:19:28 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2016, 09:21:45 PM by MasterJedi »

So what happens if Trump drops out or is forced to drop out? Can the GOP put in a candidate?

See above with uti02, it's basically over but the party could get everyone to stay home or vote Johnson. Apologize and concede this election.

EDIT: By stay home come out and vote but skip Presidential.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 09:20:54 PM »

No. It's done - focus on Congress.
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 09:22:51 PM »

See above with uti02, it's basically over but the party could get everyone to stay home or vote Johnson. Apologize and concede this election.

EDIT: By stay home come out and vote but skip Presidential.

Welp, Hillary will basically be another term of Obama. I just hope it isn't as bad, jesus christ why Donald why
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 09:27:22 PM »

At this point the only question is whether it will be a 1996-style loss for Republicans (lose the presidency but keep Congress) or a 1980-style loss (lose the presidency and countless seats in the House/Senate).

Most likely a '96 style, but your guess is as good as mine.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 09:39:59 PM »

At this point the only question is whether it will be a 1996-style loss for Republicans (lose the presidency but keep Congress) or a 1980-style loss (lose the presidency and countless seats in the House/Senate).

Yea Republicans would be in a much better position in the House compared to the Democrats in 1980. The Democratic delegation had massive swathes of Southern boll weevil Conservatives. Reagan had a ideological majority after the 1980 election. The Republican party even after a solid ass kicking, has and will continue to have a microscopic percent of its members as Liberals. There will be no working Liberal majority, sadly.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 10:04:17 PM »

It's over, Republicans.

You can't tell people to come out just for the downticket races. Only your off-year election base is that plugged in and that motivated. Everyone else just sees the POTUS as the main event and everything else as window dressing.

It's unfortunate that your party decided this year that it hates Hispanics, Muslims and women more than it loves America, but such is life.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 10:23:38 PM »

Oh concern troll. The other candidate's husband raped women and the other candidate sought to destroy those women, but since the Republican alpha male candidate acted like an alpha male and *gasp* talked to another man about his sexual conquests, the race is clearly over.

Oh how Atlas never ceases to amaze me.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 10:26:35 PM »

Trump really can't drop out because voting already started in a lot of states.   

If Republicans realign their funds away from the presidency and toward congress it probably would pay off pretty well for them though.    They can still save their Senate majority.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2016, 10:27:24 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2016, 10:31:05 PM by Yank2133 »

Oh concern troll. The other candidate's husband raped women and the other candidate sought to destroy those women, but since the Republican alpha male candidate acted like an alpha male and *gasp* talked to another man about his sexual conquests, the race is clearly over.

It is over.....accept it.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 10:29:10 PM »

It's all baked in. Republicans can't get rid of him, so their best hope is probably to effectively concede the Presidential race, and instead focus on Congressional races and rebranding, to ensure that nominating someone like Trump doesn't happen again.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 10:30:22 PM »

It is over.....expect it.
It's over, huh? I see. Thanks. I'll not go and vote on November 8th because you told me it was over, sound good?

As if no man in the history of mankind has ever told stories about his sexual conquest. I'd honestly just question those of you that are pious enough on Atlas to claim that you never have.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 10:31:42 PM »

It's over, huh? I see. Thanks. I'll not go and vote on November 8th because you told me it was over, sound good?

As if no man in the history of mankind has ever told stories about his sexual conquest. I'd honestly just question those of you that are pious enough on Atlas to claim that you never have.

You can go ahead and vote however you like.....but this election is over.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 10:32:15 PM »

Rape does not equal sexual conquest.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 10:33:41 PM »

I'M WITH HIM

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 10:34:55 PM »

Lincoln Republican, you really need to stop doing that, because it's just silly.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies