Next Trump shoe to drop megathread - Latest: producers suggest racists rants
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:36:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Next Trump shoe to drop megathread - Latest: producers suggest racists rants
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: Next Trump shoe to drop megathread - Latest: producers suggest racists rants  (Read 13301 times)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2016, 02:17:58 PM »

The AP seems especially pushing for The Apprentice tapes...article from yesterday (which appeared all over the media)

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/footage-of-trumps-off-air-apprentice-talk-will-be-locked-away/
Mallow
United States

« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2016, 02:23:16 PM »

Nope. Last time I saw him was when he was whining about Trump losing in the polls.

He's been posting frequently since "the tape," defending Trump (he claims all men talk that way) and relying heavily on the "But Hillary..." defense.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2016, 02:25:55 PM »

If Trump was caught on tape using the N word, I'm not convinced Seriously? would care. "But Clinton..." would almost certainly be his response.
I'm absolutely convinced that he wouldn't care at all.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2016, 02:27:29 PM »

Nope. Last time I saw him was when he was whining about Trump losing in the polls.

He's been posting frequently since "the tape," defending Trump (he claims all men talk that way) and relying heavily on the "But Hillary..." defense.

The bubble in which Seriously? and other alt-right dwelling deplorables live is such a sad! place. Yeah,I've been away from the forum for awhile but figured it'd only be a matter of time before Seriously? and his other Gestapo brothers started blaming the Clintons for the tape. The party of Jesus and personal responsibility sure doesn't act like Jesus and sure doesn't like to take responsibility when one of their own is caught with his hands in the "cookie jar."
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2016, 02:27:57 PM »

Im honestly a bit worried if a tape comes out with a racist, n word filled rant, that it could be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.  And the anger and frustration won't be leveled solely on Trump.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2016, 02:28:26 PM »

He is drooling over a huge shrine of Trump he has in is closet lol.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2016, 02:29:01 PM »

The "Trump is a man of insults" mantra has already reached the point of saturation. If there is a scandal that truly sinks Trump more than a few drips in the polls, it'll have to be something more indefensible than an insult even for his staunchest supporters; something like kicking a homeless man on the street; something like avalanche of rape accusations etc. It has to be more than words.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2016, 02:30:01 PM »

Im honestly a bit worried if a tape comes out with a racist, n word filled rant, that it could be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.  And the anger and frustration won't be leveled solely on Trump.
What could happen?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2016, 02:30:17 PM »

Tune in tomorrow for a brand-new episode of Donald Trump: The Search for the Lost Tapes!
Will it be anything like O.J.'s search for his wife's killer?
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2016, 02:32:10 PM »

Whenever Trump said something racist, the short term effect has been a temporary poll dip. The long term effect, however, has been to make racism more acceptable to all Americans (if a major party presidential candidate can be racist and still get at least 40% support, why can't I?). We should all be concerned here.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2016, 02:32:18 PM »

A tape of Trump using racial slurs won't hurt him with the base. But any chance to appeal to moderates and undecided voters would be gone.

On top of that, his brand would be toast if this is true. Outside of being a pedophile, been caught being a racist on tape is the worst thing that can happen to a famous person's brand.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2016, 02:32:47 PM »

The AP seems especially pushing for The Apprentice tapes...article from yesterday (which appeared all over the media)

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/footage-of-trumps-off-air-apprentice-talk-will-be-locked-away/

Honestly, they should wait about maybe 5-6 days after the debate and let Trump and the GOP's issues soak in.

Trump will not improve from his past debate performance and it will go in favor of Hillary. Millennials will ditch Crazy Stein and Deer-in-Headlights Johnson while undecideds will go Clinton along with women.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2016, 02:33:24 PM »

This may be a little off topic, but how do you all deal with those Trump cultist apologists who are defending him? I've actually seen people say that he made these comments when he wasn't even thinking of running for President and how it's not right that we are condemning one for his private thoughts? I'm surrounded by people who think along these lines a la Seriously? and I don't know how to respond other than just to ignore these people. They don't think Trump should be condemned for what he said on that tape but Hillary deserves the death penalty because she sent emails. I just don't know where to start.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2016, 02:35:49 PM »

What could happen?
Worst case scenario? Race riots.  
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2016, 02:37:11 PM »

What could happen?
Worst case scenario? Race riots.  

Meh, I don't think we have to worry about mad out of shape white guys.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2016, 03:16:48 PM »

Burnett's stance is out of self-preservation...he would get sued out of existence if it is confirmed that he fostered a hostile work environment and approved of Trump sexually and racially harassing co-workers and contestants
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2016, 03:20:27 PM »

At least he will have a career in hip-hop after the campaign between this and the way he talks about women.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2016, 03:36:07 PM »

The "Trump is a man of insults" mantra has already reached the point of saturation. If there is a scandal that truly sinks Trump more than a few drips in the polls, it'll have to be something more indefensible than an insult even for his staunchest supporters; something like kicking a homeless man on the street; something like avalanche of rape accusations etc. It has to be more than words.

Trumper Logic: why didn't the homeless guy pick himself up by his bootstaps so glorious leader (tm) Donald Trump didn't have to kick him?
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2016, 03:37:34 PM »

Whenever Trump said something racist, the short term effect has been a temporary poll dip. The long term effect, however, has been to make racism more acceptable to all Americans (if a major party presidential candidate can be racist and still get at least 40% support, why can't I?). We should all be concerned here.

This has been a major concern of mine for months, and why I rooted, against my party's best interests, for Trump to be blocked at the Republican convention. It was no accident that the KKK was re-founded in 1915 when we had a segregationist as President. This stuff matters. It corrodes the foundations of society in lasting ways.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2016, 03:38:38 PM »

The N word. I'm pretty sure. Or KKK stuff. Man, this dude is a national EMBRASSMENT.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2016, 03:39:25 PM »

At least he will have a career in hip-hop after the campaign between this and the way he talks about women.

this is the most annoying non-point I see from "christian" conservatives: most hip hop artists were born into poverty and thus their music describes the experience from someone who didn't get the same educational opportunities as a Donald Trump. They also aren't running for President, so shouldn't be held to Presidential standards.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2016, 03:42:44 PM »

this is the most annoying non-point I see from "christian" conservatives: most hip hop artists were born into poverty and thus their music describes the experience from someone who didn't get the same educational opportunities as a Donald Trump. They also aren't running for President, so shouldn't be held to Presidential standards.

They're black though.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2016, 03:43:57 PM »

They're black though.

oh you're right, I'm sorry.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2016, 03:46:03 PM »

As of a couple days ago, I was thinking publicly go for Donald and promote him as much as possible and then vote Stein in the booth, but now this might be the last straw. We may need to ditch him and jump ship if this is as bad as the rumours say.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2016, 03:51:15 PM »

It is made by people with millions of dollars (whom I'm sure could go back to college if they wanted and are just as intelligent as Trump) and enjoyed by millions of middle class Americans.  And there are millions of people born into poverty who have high character and don't use such things as an excuse.  I don't hold "artists" to the standards of someone running for president, but don't pretend you are suddenly sickened by it just because it is coming from Trump instead of a cool person.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies