Next Trump shoe to drop megathread - Latest: producers suggest racists rants
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:51:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Next Trump shoe to drop megathread - Latest: producers suggest racists rants
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: Next Trump shoe to drop megathread - Latest: producers suggest racists rants  (Read 13306 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2016, 03:53:19 PM »

I'm telling you, as a black man, the n-word would not be as bad as this. Trump's supporters are largely openly racist. There are few blacks amongst their number. Many of them, however, were women.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2016, 03:55:09 PM »

I'm telling you, as a black man, the n-word would not be as bad as this. Trump's supporters are largely openly racist. There are few blacks amongst their number. Many of them, however, were women.

there are million of not-trump-supporters voting republican cause of the court, clinton hate and out of habit.... Wink
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2016, 03:55:58 PM »

Sure, but there are many whites, especially the more eductated ones, who reject racism against blacks. It would be another proof about the Trumpster's evil character (though we actually have had enough demonstrations for this).
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2016, 03:58:35 PM »

I don't think the problem for Trump would be losing the tiny handful of African American supporters he currently has, it would be that there is a portion of white voters who (in spite of everything else) have been saying to themselves "Well, Trump isn't really that racist is he?" who would have to reckon with the fact that, yes, he actually is that racist.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2016, 03:59:22 PM »

At least he will have a career in hip-hop after the campaign between this and the way he talks about women.

this is the most annoying non-point I see from "christian" conservatives: most hip hop artists were born into poverty and thus their music describes the experience from someone who didn't get the same educational opportunities as a Donald Trump. They also aren't running for President, so shouldn't be held to Presidential standards.

It is made by people with millions of dollars (whom I'm sure could go back to college if they wanted and are just as intelligent as Trump) and enjoyed by millions of middle class Americans.  And there are millions of people born into poverty who have high character and don't use such things as an excuse.  I don't hold "artists" to the standards of someone running for president, but don't pretend you are suddenly sickened by it just because it is coming from Trump instead of a cool person.

My point is that hip hop describes a reality for people whose voices aren't often heard. I'm not saying everyone born into poverty has high moral character, but I am saying that it is more likely to have a warped value system because of that struggle to survive. Someone who didn't get a high school degree and is living in the barest of circumstances is far more likely to have the kind of views of women Trump has than a person who had the opportunities to do so. I think that's obvious.

Trump is not someone describing the realities of black poverty and the mindset that comes with it - he's just a spoiled rich kid who thinks he can grope any woman he wants.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2016, 04:01:10 PM »

The 'Trump uses the N-Word on Apprentice Set' thing is starting to work its way into the MSM and Entertainment press....

Slate: Is There Apprentice Footage of Trump Saying the N-Word?

Fortune: There’s Allegedly 'Apprentice' Footage of Donald Trump Saying the N-Word

NYDN: Producers of ‘The Apprentice’ sitting on footage of Donald Trump using N-word: claim

Us Weekly: 'The Apprentice' Producer Bill Pruitt Warns That Leaked Donald Trump Video Was 'Just the Beginning'

Entertainment Weekly: The Apprentice urged to release 'far worse' Trump tapes

Will anyone at the debate tonight ask Trump "have you ever used the n-word?" What would he say?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2016, 04:05:07 PM »

At least he will have a career in hip-hop after the campaign between this and the way he talks about women.

this is the most annoying non-point I see from "christian" conservatives: most hip hop artists were born into poverty and thus their music describes the experience from someone who didn't get the same educational opportunities as a Donald Trump. They also aren't running for President, so shouldn't be held to Presidential standards.

It is made by people with millions of dollars (whom I'm sure could go back to college if they wanted and are just as intelligent as Trump) and enjoyed by millions of middle class Americans.  And there are millions of people born into poverty who have high character and don't use such things as an excuse.  I don't hold "artists" to the standards of someone running for president, but don't pretend you are suddenly sickened by it just because it is coming from Trump instead of a cool person.

My point is that hip hop describes a reality for people whose voices aren't often heard. I'm not saying everyone born into poverty has high moral character, but I am saying that it is more likely to have a warped value system because of that struggle to survive. Someone who didn't get a high school degree and is living in the barest of circumstances is far more likely to have the kind of views of women Trump has than a person who had the opportunities to do so. I think that's obvious.

Trump is not someone describing the realities of black poverty and the mindset that comes with it - he's just a spoiled rich kid who thinks he can grope any woman he wants.

That mindset doesn't automatically arise out of black poverty and isn't unique to it. Trump seems well acquainted with it.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2016, 04:05:42 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2016, 04:07:58 PM »

That's great and all... but David Brock should keep his mouth shut forever.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2016, 04:10:46 PM »

I don't think the problem for Trump would be losing the tiny handful of African American supporters he currently has, it would be that there is a portion of white voters who (in spite of everything else) have been saying to themselves "Well, Trump isn't really that racist is he?" who would have to reckon with the fact that, yes, he actually is that racist.

If they were bothered by the prospect of voting for a racist before now, they wouldn't still be considering voting for Trump. At this point, Trump is beyond dead girl live boy territory with 40% of the electorate.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2016, 04:12:19 PM »

OK - I'll admit I haven't paid attention to the news much lately, but can someone explain why this is all hitting the news now?  Presumably these tapes weren't that hard to get a hold of, so why didn't the GOP make this public before Trump won the nomination rather than getting stuck with an October surprise?

Honestly, they probably either never bothered looking for it or just bumped into it while looking for something else - there are thousands of hours of TV stuff archived and a lot of the off-air stuff isn't archived at all well since they'll probably assume that its not something that they'll ever need to look at again, and most of the time its probably mind-bendingly boring.  They might have been reviewing their archives for Trump (and Clinton most likely as well) for things that they could use and just accidentally bumped into it right now, they might even just be reviewing a bunch of stuff that wasn't cataloged very well and ended up randomly finding it - that's how a lot of the interesting sh**t is found: the WWE recently bumped into an old Wrestling match that no one thought had been taped that had this mythic reputation as being really good just based on written stories about it and a few pictures ("The Lost Battle of Atlanta" is the name if anyone cares or is interested; it was at a House Show and not produced for TV), and they actually only ended up finding it when they were digitising and cataloging a bunch of old Omni live event tapes that mostly contained stuff of no real interest when they bumped into it.  Its possibly a reason why the board room stuff hasn't come out yet (the big one is probably that the producers want to avoid embarrassment or protect Trump for some reason); the fact is that with how many series of the US Apprentice they were and I assume how long the board room segments took to tape unless he was dropping those sort of comments left and right or someone would publicly name a particular show it may well take a long time to find those things; and its not like the company has the staff to have given one person a job of checking everything that Donald Trump said.  Consider also that its probably only been a few years since TV stations went to recording things on hard drives rather than digital video tape and the like (I don't know about these shows; but a lot of UK TV shows still recorded on digibeta until they moved to HD); lots of the off-air stuff probably isn't easily available in a computerised format and you then you have to start transferring it from another medium, and that's honestly a bit of a faff and lengthens the process even more.

Tl;dr: TV archives for non-broadcast stuff aren't perfect, especially if you go back to a time when they still recorded on tape.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2016, 04:16:25 PM »

If they were bothered by the prospect of voting for a racist before now, they wouldn't still be considering voting for Trump. At this point, Trump is beyond dead girl live boy territory with 40% of the electorate.

It won't turn away white Trump supporters, but this would finish him with white undecided voters. This country is really uncomfortable with open racisms and if their is a tape of Trump going on racist rants then it is going to have a major impact.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2016, 04:28:27 PM »

David Brock is a great man and I won't stand for any slander of his good name. Thanks.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2016, 04:36:11 PM »

Going by a few tweets from NBC producers, it's the N - word
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2016, 04:39:17 PM »

Who would have thought Trump could ignite a political forum like this one?

My tip is more videos to come.

This video was only round 1. Round 2 will be Donald backstage in the Miss Universe change rooms 'hands free'.

Democrats have this election covered just through research.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2016, 04:41:05 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2016, 04:47:40 PM by dspNY »

That's great and all... but David Brock should keep his mouth shut forever.

I agree...the whole point of David Brock's presence in a campaign is not to know that David Brock is pulling any strings. This comment also implies that someone on Hillary's team has the goods and it will be released at a time of their choosing (probably through the NYT or Washington Post)
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #166 on: October 09, 2016, 05:10:46 PM »

Geraldo Rivera's been going through his archives and has already found more "embarrassing" Trump clips.

Story: http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/10/geraldo-rivera-i-have-tapes-of-embarrassing-statements-from-trump-229433#ixzz4Mcvlww00
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #167 on: October 09, 2016, 05:17:03 PM »

rivera is one of the more upstanding guys on fox news, even while he is a little bit crazy.

still wonder how guys like that can endure working with people like the fox and friends crew, hannity, boling etc....
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #168 on: October 09, 2016, 05:34:47 PM »

rivera is one of the more upstanding guys on fox news, even while he is a little bit crazy.

still wonder how guys like that can endure working with people like the fox and friends crew, hannity, boling etc....

This is the only thing I remember about Geraldo Rivera.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2016, 05:42:08 PM »

This is the only thing I remember about him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0yN0dGNfwk

Not really...but that stands out. And there's only one person I trust on Fox News:

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #170 on: October 09, 2016, 05:48:52 PM »

This is the only thing I remember about him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0yN0dGNfwk

Not really...but that stands out. And there's only one person I trust on Fox News:

Surely you jest...
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2016, 05:52:00 PM »

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Really though, Judge Nap is my hero.  He should be the one to take Scalia's place on the SCOTUS.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2016, 06:20:08 PM »

It won't turn away white Trump supporters, but this would finish him with white undecided voters. This country is really uncomfortable with open racisms and if their is a tape of Trump going on racist rants then it is going to have a major impact.

Is it, though?
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2016, 06:22:28 PM »

Is it, though?

It would effectively end the race IMO. Trump needs to add voters, a racist tape ends any chance of that.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2016, 07:05:32 PM »

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Really though, Judge Nap is my hero.  He should be the one to take Scalia's place on the SCOTUS.

Do we really need another senile, corrupt and demented fraud who uses his once-impressive base of knowledge to create baseless rationales for supporting "conservative" interpretations of the law of the land?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies