Armenia vs Azerbaijan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:57:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Armenia vs Azerbaijan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which country do you view more favorably?
Armenia

Azerbaijan

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Armenia vs Azerbaijan  (Read 1281 times)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: October 09, 2016, 10:49:25 AM »

Azerbaijan when it comes to the Nagorno-Karabakh War and its complexities and also when it comes to protecting western counter-terrorism interests. The Azeris have been a good asset in this regard. They play a good mediating role w/ Turkey and also w/ Iran.

I also support lifting the ban on U.S. aid to Azerbaijan. I think the Armenian lobby is being ridiculous in continuing to support this archaic aid blockage.

That being said, I don't like or tolerate Azerbaijan's denial of the Armenian Genocide. I think the Azeris can find a way to not be obnoxious on this issue but choose to do so anyways to spite Armenia.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 10:51:42 AM »

^^^^

Perhaps the only geopolitical controversy where Russia is on the right side.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/04/in-nagorno-karabakh-a-bloody-new-war-with-putin-on-both-sides.html

Not really. Russia, like in all geopolitical situations, plays both sides.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 02:45:37 PM »

Azerbaijan when it comes to the Nagorno-Karabakh War and its complexities and also when it comes to protecting western counter-terrorism interests. The Azeris have been a good asset in this regard. They play a good mediating role w/ Turkey and also w/ Iran.

I also support lifting the ban on U.S. aid to Azerbaijan. I think the Armenian lobby is being ridiculous in continuing to support this archaic aid blockage.

That being said, I don't like or tolerate Azerbaijan's denial of the Armenian Genocide. I think the Azeris can find a way to not be obnoxious on this issue but choose to do so anyways to spite Armenia.

I still believe every word of this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies