The One Thing That Could Drive Trump to a Goldwateresq Defeat
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:41:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The One Thing That Could Drive Trump to a Goldwateresq Defeat
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The One Thing That Could Drive Trump to a Goldwateresq Defeat  (Read 502 times)
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 09, 2016, 11:55:11 PM »

Is if recent (from during the campaign) audio/video emerged of him saying that his new Pro-Life position is a fraud and just for politics. Because there's a huge chunk of the partisan Republican base that is either voting for him just on the basis of that, or would refuse to support a pro-choice candidate.

People have talked about how calling Obama the N-word would kill him, but honestly I think the overwhelming majority of that 40 percent of people sticking with him wouldn't care. This could give him the 45 state landslide loss he deserves. I know a lot of people wondering what the comment that's supposedly worse than the "grab her by the pussy" remark is and are speculating that it's a racial slur, but it could maybe be something like this that would alienate the social conservatives.
uti2

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 11:59:50 PM »

Is if recent (from during the campaign) audio/video emerged of him saying that his new Pro-Life position is a fraud and just for politics. Because there's a huge chunk of the partisan Republican base that is either voting for him just on the basis of that, or would refuse to support a pro-choice candidate.

People have talked about how calling Obama the N-word would kill him, but honestly I think the overwhelming majority of that 40 percent of people sticking with him wouldn't care. This could give him the 45 state landslide loss he deserves. I know a lot of people wondering what the comment that's supposedly worse than the "grab her by the pussy" remark is and are speculating that it's a racial slur, but it could maybe be something like this that would alienate the social conservatives.

Well obviously, but he wouldn't say something like that because he doesn't really care enough to talk about it in-depth in the first place.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 12:08:05 AM »

Well obviously, but he wouldn't say something like that because he doesn't really care enough to talk about it in-depth in the first place.

I meant a private video. Him just talking with his staff or Pence or something and mentioning it in passing.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 12:09:22 AM »

baby raping. and he'd still win several states cause HILLARY!!
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 12:10:22 AM »

meh, wouldn't surprise me if Trump hasn't paid for an abortion or two over the years.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 12:13:05 AM »

Trump sex tape.
uti2

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 12:13:51 AM »

I meant a private video. Him just talking with his staff or Pence or something and mentioning it in passing.

I don't think Pence (Who has a Cruz like social viewpoint) would be on the ticket or for that matter would a lot of his advisors (many of whom are evangelicals) would take such a position lightly, but it's really a moot point, it's basically an issue he doesn't care about.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 12:14:36 AM »

Literally nothing. 45% of the country would vote for Satan (R) over Jesus (D).

If so called "pro-lifers" actually cared that deeply about the issue, they wouldn't keep electing a Tennessee doctor that forced his mistresses to, in their own words, "kill babies."
uti2

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 12:18:20 AM »

If so called "pro-lifers" actually cared that deeply about the issue, they wouldn't keep electing a Tennessee doctor that forced his mistresses to, in their own words, "kill babies."

Who is that person?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 12:20:07 AM »

Who is that person?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_DesJarlais
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies