GOP Should Use the Torricelli Plan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:51:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  GOP Should Use the Torricelli Plan
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP Should Use the Torricelli Plan  (Read 747 times)
SirMuxALot

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 09, 2016, 07:40:17 PM »

Don't tell me the Dems are allowed to replace a candidate after the deadline in NJ 2002 but the GOP can't do the same thing here.

I know it won't happen, but would like to see it.  At least I could make good use of all that popcorn I had stocked up on for election night.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 07:41:14 PM »

Don't tell me the Dems are allowed to replace a candidate after the deadline in NJ 2002 but the GOP can't do the same thing here.

I know it won't happen, but would like to see it.  At least I could make good use of all that popcorn I had stocked up on for election night.

And how do you think Trump would respond to this?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 07:43:03 PM »

Lautenberg beat Doug Forrester (what a wealthy name)- because he was well-known before that. If Democrats had ran an unknown, Forrester would have won. 2002 was a GOP year because of the post-9/11 atmosphere.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 07:43:40 PM »

You forget one problem.

This is the United States, not New Jersey. In the United States, laws actually matter.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 07:47:30 PM »

Keep that. I want to see Clinton win with 400 EVs, along with a total Republican collapse downballot so that Dems can pick up 8+ seats in the Senate and 20+ House seats. Would be great if this happened. It would pretty much ensure a liberal Supreme Court majority for a generation (abortion is here to stay!) and maybe we could even get a national minimum wage increase and universal healthcare.

Sure. But taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for it.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 07:48:35 PM »

Torricelli wanted out. Trump doesn't.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 07:50:32 PM »

Ballots of been printed and voting has already started. It's impossible to file a replacement, so Republicans are stuck with Trump.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 07:51:51 PM »

I know it won't happen, but would like to see it.  At least I could make good use of all that popcorn I had stocked up on for election night.

Someone wants a do-over. We're not playing pickup basketball, we're electing the next leader of the free world
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 07:53:28 PM »

You forget one problem.

This is the United States, not New Jersey. In the United States, laws actually matter.

Moreover, every state has its own electoral laws. Pretty difficult to comply with all of them in a few weeks.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 08:57:59 PM »

Torricelli wanted out. Trump doesn't.

This is the big difference. There is no mechanism for getting rid of Trump without him stepping down.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies