Debate 2 Poll, Focus Group, Pundit Reaction Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:16:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Debate 2 Poll, Focus Group, Pundit Reaction Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Debate 2 Poll, Focus Group, Pundit Reaction Megathread  (Read 8459 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 11, 2016, 05:05:10 PM »

It was the weakest debate performance I've ever seen from Clinton, and she sucks at answering questions about her emails. Still she won because of Trumps meltdown and inability to stay on topic and answer the questions asked.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #151 on: October 11, 2016, 05:08:50 PM »

i start to get bored from all the winning.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #152 on: October 11, 2016, 05:09:47 PM »

she was at her weakest, cause she couldn't control the flow of the debate.

i guess debate 1 and 3 will be better for her style.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2016, 05:31:42 PM »

So, the consensus is basically that Clinton won the debate, Trump won back 1-2% of wavering Republicans that dropped off after "MeowGate", but is still down 7-8% or more?

Hard to see a different narrative from whatever political persuasion or primary candidate one supported back in the Spring of '16.

Yes--- no knockout blow, but all Trump did was bring back some Republicans disgusted after hearing his "hot mic" comments from '05, while Indies and Millennials have been consolidating behind Clinton since the 1st debate.

Honestly, I don't think that even if Trump somehow manages to hit a home run in the 3rd debate that is focused on foreign policy (Which I doubt) that this will move the needle in his direction among Bernie Dems/ Indies/ and Moderate "Foreign Policy" Republicans in a way that will make this race closer than the 2012 Presidential Election.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #154 on: October 11, 2016, 08:32:16 PM »

It was the weakest debate performance I've ever seen from Clinton, and she sucks at answering questions about her emails. Still she won because of Trumps meltdown and inability to stay on topic and answer the questions asked.

I thought she was very passionate and had a very strong debate performance...Well, I guess we're two different people.
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2016, 05:56:19 AM »

Ohioans pick a clear debate winner

The BW CRI survey, conducted after Sunday’s presidential debate, asked the 59% of respondents who said they watched the town hall-style forum to name the winner. More than half (52%) said Clinton bested Trump, about a third (31%) said Trump gave a superior performance, and 17% called it a tie.

Did the debate move the needle on opinion? Almost 31% of debate watchers say they now hold a “more favorable” opinion of Clinton versus 26% “less favorable,” while 41% had “less favorable” post debate opinions about Trump to 21% “more favorable.” One in five say the debate had impact on their vote one way or another, a finding that was true across all party lines.

When asked to choose which candidate best matched a series of statements about debate performance, by wide margins, more Ohio debate watchers thought Clinton “was more likable,” “expressed her views more clearly,” “seemed to be the stronger leader” and “spent more time discussing policy,” while Trump “spent more time attacking [his] opponent.”

https://www.bw.edu/news/2016/bw-poll-shows-ohio-voters-leaning-away-from-trump
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2016, 06:46:03 AM »

I disagree totally.

I think her answers were much stronger and more passionate than the first debate. It was also hard to keep on track with that orange monster lurking in the background.
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2016, 08:15:35 PM »

Fox news poll
-Clinton won the debate 48/34

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/13/fox-news-poll-clinton-leads-trump-by-7-points.html
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2016, 08:17:13 PM »

Guess they held that as long as they could.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2016, 08:19:55 PM »

Honestly, I don't think that even if Trump somehow manages to hit a home run in the 3rd debate that is focused on foreign policy (Which I doubt) that this will move the needle in his direction among Bernie Dems/ Indies/ and Moderate "Foreign Policy" Republicans in a way that will make this race closer than the 2012 Presidential Election.

The third debate is not focused on foreign policy.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2016, 08:22:36 PM »

The third debate is not focused on foreign policy.

Can't fault him on that when that post was made before the topics were announced. Either way Trump will unhinge again and lose.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2016, 03:32:23 AM »

Attacking HRC over Bill Clinton's infidelities doesn't work. GOP has tried this line of attack and it failed miserably for a reason.

There is no evidence that HRC went after these women so the attacks only serve to gain sympathy and humanize her in the eyes of the electorate. Incidentally these are also her biggest weaknesses
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies