Ryan won't defend Trump, tell House GOP members to do what they need to do
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:13:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Ryan won't defend Trump, tell House GOP members to do what they need to do
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Ryan won't defend Trump, tell House GOP members to do what they need to do  (Read 5639 times)
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2016, 04:25:39 PM »
« edited: October 10, 2016, 04:46:14 PM by Interlocutor »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/priebus-declares-rnc-standing-behind-trump-229568

Jonathan Martin (NYT political correspondent, @jmartNYT):

"How linked is RNC w Trump still? @Reince tells RNC members on call @KellyannePolls, Bannon, Bossie are on this call listening in."
- 2:11 PM - 10 Oct 2016

".@Reince says he stayed off TV & was publicly silent over wknd bc Trump wanted to "address voters directly w/o a lot of cross talk" Smiley"
- 2:26 PM - 10 Oct 2016
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2016, 04:30:02 PM »

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2016, 04:32:51 PM »

reince seems to love his job more than ryan.
mark_twain
United States

« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2016, 04:33:32 PM »

I can sympathize with Paul Ryan, even though he is part of the other party.

He is making a careful balance between keeping his party alive in the Congress, and following his own values. At this point, Donald Trump is a failure to him in both of these aspects.

Besides these two areas, he also wants to keep alive the hope for the GOP in the 2020 election, and this move today also is aimed toward that goal.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2016, 04:38:21 PM »

Trump sees Ryan's inaction as an attack and is responding in kind. Good job, Ryan, you're batting 1.000.
Via his Twitter:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Donald goes full iron man, killing the Republicans he once praised.

Mitch McConnell to local chamber of commerce: "If you are interested in the presidential election, you might as well go ahead and leave."
https://twitter.com/adambeam/status/785524494832111617

If was all one big plan from the very beginning ..... I knew it !
"The time has come ..... Execute Order 66 !"

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2016, 04:44:45 PM »

The deplorables might not associate themselves with non-Trump Republicans?  Beautiful.

You get to keep the dying, diseased third (it'll be gone within 10 years anyway) and we'll keep the rest. Perfect.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE...PLEASE DISPERSE...NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Haha nice.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2016, 04:58:09 PM »

Somewhere John Boehner is laughing his ass off.

John Boehner is my friend 2016.

Love the image.

I've disagreed with Boehner on many issues, but yeah he's the man, and I believe he has greater political integrity than Ryan when it comes to the House Leadership.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2016, 05:01:24 PM »

Somewhere John Boehner is laughing his ass off.

John Boehner is my friend 2016.

Love the image.
I've disagreed with Boehner on many issues, but yeah he's the man, and I believe he has greater political integrity than Ryan when it comes to the House Leadership.

Agree.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2016, 05:02:02 PM »

fun thing is that boehner is a cruz hater and trump friend.....

irony over irony.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2016, 05:30:04 PM »

While I'm glad to see the GOP's Southern Strategy coalition tearing apart, the problem for the party is that it cannot be nationally competitive without its large section of deplorables. All they can hope for is that these people shut up and return to voting as usual once this all blows over (assuming it does). But, we can't be so certain that's how this will end. Hopefully, they're able to cut the deplorables loose and begin formalizing more rational policies, untethered to the bigotry and insanity of the far-right. We'll welcome a reasonable, 21st-century opposition party.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2016, 05:33:29 PM »

While I'm glad to see the GOP's Southern Strategy coalition tearing apart, the problem for the party is that it cannot be nationally competitive without its large section of deplorables. All they can hope for is that these people shut up and return to voting as usual once this all blows over (assuming it does). But, we can't be so certain that's how this will end. Hopefully, they're able to cut the deplorables loose and begin formalizing more rational policies, untethered to the bigotry and insanity of the far-right. We'll welcome a reasonable, 21st-century opposition party.
The "deplorables" of which you speak are too large in number to be marginalized. They'll always have a voice, unfortunately.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2016, 05:38:37 PM »

The "deplorables" of which you speak are too large in number to be marginalized. They'll always have a voice, unfortunately.

But you would, probably, want them in the other party.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2016, 05:40:18 PM »

The GOP can at least stop pandering to their pre-Civil Rights fantasies. Unlike some, I don't want the Republican Party to be in ruins or unrespectable. America thrives when we have two parties willing to work together. But when one rejects modern science and large sections of it wants to relegate millions of Americans to, essentially, second-class status, the party needs to reevaluate itself. Papering over these problems won't solve them, nor will it make the party competitive in our increasingly diverse society. People like Marco Rubio and Mitt Romney, whom I believe are fundamentally good men, shouldn't have to contort their views to win their party's primary.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2016, 05:48:42 PM »

The GOP can at least stop pandering to their pre-Civil Rights fantasies. Unlike some, I don't want the Republican Party to be in ruins or unrespectable. America thrives when we have two parties willing to work together. But when one rejects modern science and large sections of it wants to relegate millions of Americans to, essentially, second-class status, the party needs to reevaluate itself. Papering over these problems won't solve them, nor will it make the party competitive in our increasingly diverse society. People like Marco Rubio and Mitt Romney, whom I believe are fundamentally good men, shouldn't have to contort their views to win their party's primary.

Yes!  Very well said.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2016, 06:28:17 PM »

karate kid on ryan:

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2016, 06:41:26 PM »

Lol... brilliant.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2016, 06:43:13 PM »

How can anyone that's supporting Trump even pretend to care about the Constitution?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2016, 07:10:50 PM »

Beautiful.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2016, 07:18:22 PM »

The Republican bridge is falling down,
Falling down,
Falling down.

The Republican bridge is falling down,
November 8th!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2016, 07:21:40 PM »

This has been one hell of a weekend.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2016, 07:33:21 PM »

Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2016, 08:02:42 PM »

But you would, probably, want them in the other party.
Of course; ideally it'd be a Democratic primary where the SJWs and Trump's alt-right trash fight it out. "And there was weeping and gnashing of teeth."
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2016, 08:10:41 PM »

The deplorables might not associate themselves with non-Trump Republicans?  Beautiful.

Indeed! Y'all can keep Jeb Bush's 2% of the Republican vote, and we'll get the rest in what is a far more prominent party. Best of both worlds.

You get to keep the dying, diseased third (it'll be gone within 10 years anyway) and we'll keep the rest. Perfect.

A permanent Democratic majority! Perfect.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2016, 09:37:30 PM »

Indeed! Y'all can keep Jeb Bush's 2% of the Republican vote, and we'll get the rest in what is a far more prominent party. Best of both worlds.

I'd rather lose every election than either join with the Party of Bernie Bros or stand by the Alt Right.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2016, 09:40:18 PM »

I'd rather lose every election than either join with the Party of Bernie Bros or stand by the Alt Right.

Why not become an Independent?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies