Hide Behind the Poll: Trump Locker Room Talk
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:00:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hide Behind the Poll: Trump Locker Room Talk
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Have you engaged in Trump style "locker room banter" in your life?
Yes

No

I've heard it, but refrained from joining in.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 112

Author Topic: Hide Behind the Poll: Trump Locker Room Talk  (Read 3035 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2016, 07:08:02 AM »

Lots of chatter about "nailing," but never about assaulting and battering.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2016, 09:09:29 AM »

No, this is not my style. When I am using harsher language, then only to criticize a specific person or behavior. If I make fun of someone or group, then in another way. The Trumpster’s phrases were disgusting.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2016, 09:40:42 AM »

I commend the 13 honest posters here.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2016, 05:57:53 PM »

I was (to my later regret) something of a hound dog in high school and early stretch of college (before I met the lovely future QueenSweden). Like others have said, lots of "oh yeah she's got a nice [fill in blank]" or "I would like to have sexual intercourse with that female human," but Trump'a comments were pure sociopathy, and to a complete stranger! You can't even compare!
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 12:08:56 AM »

No and I'm disgusted that so many people can relate to Trump this way, even if they condemn it currently. This is where feminists have a point. Although I'm a coward myself because I've heard plenty of it and didn't say much against it.

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2016, 06:59:09 PM »

Never experienced it until law school. Then I discovered about half of the male classmates I would talk to would slip it in given a long enough conversation. The worsts:

During a conversation about the first GOP debate with a classmate (Trump volunteer) I mentioned that I thought Megyn Kelly was attractive and he immediately replied that he wanted to hit her with a belt a few times and then started listing sex acts that would follow.

I drove a different classmate around for a week when he totaled his car, and almost like clockwork whenever I stopped at the last red light before his place to drop him off for the day I'd be tuning out this guy's ramblings about who he'd cheat on his girlfriend with, and disgusting descriptions of these affairs and animal sounds they would make, and also that shoving your significant other is a much more effective way to ask for sex.

Guess it really isn't surprising since one of the big lawyers around here statutorily raped an employee of his, in public, and is probably going to be elected mayor ... because something something Democrat.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2016, 07:14:42 PM »

A handful of times in high school (though not generally about sex issues), and I deeply regret it now.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2016, 07:50:46 PM »

No, nothing even close to that.  I've made some offensive "reactions" to the idea of engaging certain unattractive girls sexually to be funny, have definitely objectified hot girls on the reg, usual "not okay" stuff that most people don't get too worked up about.  Most of the truly "out there" stuff I've ever said to my buddies is about what I'd let a girl do to me, LOL.

But bragging about being able to kiss girls without them wanting to?!  Talking about grabbing them in their privates with zero consent?!  Absolutely not, that's sick.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2016, 05:00:12 AM »

Let's be honest, each one of us said something gross or inappropriate in private at least once. The difference is a matter of degree, as Trump, usually for him, crosses the line.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2016, 11:37:43 AM »

No, nothing even close to that.  I've made some offensive "reactions" to the idea of engaging certain unattractive girls sexually to be funny, have definitely objectified hot girls on the reg, usual "not okay" stuff that most people don't get too worked up about.  Most of the truly "out there" stuff I've ever said to my buddies is about what I'd let a girl do to me, LOL.

But bragging about being able to kiss girls without them wanting to?!  Talking about grabbing them in their privates with zero consent?!  Absolutely not, that's sick.

Yep.  I've probably spent thousands of hours in locker rooms.  Locker room talk is about which girls are hot, commenting on their looks, saying you'd like to have sex with them or if you have, what they were like.  It's like Danny's verses in Summer Nights.  But there's a big big gap between that and bragging about, or even fantasizing about, brazen sexual assault.
sentinel
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2016, 11:58:12 AM »

The locker room talk I hear is often pretty benign and never in the actual locker room. Generic she's hot, attractive or has nice legs/boobs/butt, response is generally "yeah totally man" or "oh did you see so and so who is also hot"

Nothing interesting.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2016, 12:30:12 PM »

This. 

Now we're at 16 honest people
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2016, 01:16:40 PM »

This.  

But Trump was talking about assaulting on the tape.  So if you agree with Torie that typical "locker room talk" is "never" about assaulting, then why do you say that only the 16 people voting yes are "honest"?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2016, 01:40:14 PM »

"Grab them by the pussy."

?

No, no such things.

But I said to my friends things like: "She's hot." or "I'd nail her." or "Damn, she has great boobs/ass etc."

and virtually all of them said similar things. Nothing unusual.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2016, 01:42:41 PM »

This. 

If what we're talking about is what was described in the two posts above yours, then count me in as "honest" too.  But again, that is a far cry from what Trump was saying.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2016, 07:05:49 AM »

Talking about hot chicks in an inappropriate way is not at all the same as bragging about sexual assault. I've never heard anyone do the latter in my presence. I have had arguments with people about the importance of consent and last weekend my group of friends expelled a person from our social circle for taking an attitude similar to Trump's. But I don't think that exactly counts.

I have had conversations about attractiveness and sex and so on of course, but it's usually not that crass and I don't particularly enjoy it either.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies