Sessions on Trump: Grabbing a woman not sexual assault
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:02:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sessions on Trump: Grabbing a woman not sexual assault
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Sessions on Trump: Grabbing a woman not sexual assault  (Read 2637 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2016, 07:11:23 PM »

This is the average white American male. He's happy to normalize and even glorify physical and emotional domination, violation, and abuse of everyone that isn't him.

It is insanely bigoted to generalize in such a manner. I don't support it when it used to target minorities and I don't support it when it targets White folks either. Senator Sessions' defense of Trump's comments are disgusting and ungentlemanly, but your vitriolic racism has no place.

It is, at the least, the dominating culture of American white men. Every poll shows that a heavy majority of white men support of every action Trump takes, from demanding we remove other races, oppress Muslims, increase systemic violence on blacks, the lessening of women into rightless playthings, the normalization of rape and sexual assault, on top of the ignorance, resorting to violence to solve political problems, and the regular request to his supporters to oppress voters in minority districts through threat of violence.

This is what a majority of white men in America believe. That's not something to be joked about. That's how far they've gone, that's the threat the heavy majority culture of them is. That's reality.

Show me one credible poll that shows that a heavy majority of white men support any of that. Otherwise, you're simply talking out of your bum. That isn't reality, you are as delusional as the bunker-dwellers rambling about Black thug culture. You're uninformed, you're a racist, and you give liberalism a bad name.

Eh, call me what you will, that doesn't bother me much. I've lived it, I see it in the numbers, I see it in the statements of the people in power whom they voted in and the actions that they take. The prevailing culture in white men in this country is a threat.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2016, 07:12:51 PM »

This is the average white American male. He's happy to normalize and even glorify physical and emotional domination, violation, and abuse of everyone that isn't him.

It is insanely bigoted to generalize in such a manner. I don't support it when it used to target minorities and I don't support it when it targets White folks either. Senator Sessions' defense of Trump's comments are disgusting and ungentlemanly, but your vitriolic racism has no place.

It is, at the least, the dominating culture of American white men. Every poll shows that a heavy majority of white men support of every action Trump takes, from demanding we remove other races, oppress Muslims, increase systemic violence on blacks, the lessening of women into rightless playthings, the normalization of rape and sexual assault, on top of the ignorance, resorting to violence to solve political problems, and the regular request to his supporters to oppress voters in minority districts through threat of violence.

This is what a majority of white men in America believe. That's not something to be joked about. That's how far they've gone, that's the threat the heavy majority culture of them is. That's reality.

Show me one credible poll that shows that a heavy majority of white men support any of that. Otherwise, you're simply talking out of your bum. That isn't reality, you are as delusional as the bunker-dwellers rambling about Black thug culture. You're uninformed, you're a racist, and you give liberalism a bad name.

Eh, call me what you will, that doesn't bother me much. I've lived it, I see it in the numbers, I see it in the statements of the people in power whom they voted in and the actions that they take. The prevailing culture in white men in this country is a threat.

"I seens it wit my own two eyes, ya hear!"
. Great evidence, I see you went to the Breitbart College of Making Up Bullsh1t to Make a Political Point. However, you've done nothing to support your argument that a large majority of White American men act in this manner or condone this sort of action.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2016, 07:14:54 PM »

wut?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2016, 07:18:32 PM »

. Great evidence, I see you went to the Breitbart College of Making Up Bullsh1t to Make a Political Point. However, you've done nothing to support your argument that a large majority of White American men act in this manner or condone this sort of action.

A majority of white American men are currently willing to excuse or turn a blind eye to it, certainly, insofar as they're still supporting Trump. That doesn't necessarily mean that that was the case before the Trump campaign got off the ground--I've been very insistent on this forum in arguing that part of the nature of the beast is that the Trump campaign actively makes its supporters worse, rather than just playing to preexisting problems with them--but it's difficult to deny that white men are showing themselves to be way more susceptible to this particular sort of thinking, in this particular campaign, than are other demographics.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2016, 07:23:19 PM »

A majority of white American men are currently willing to excuse or turn a blind eye to it, certainly, insofar as they're still supporting Trump. That doesn't necessarily mean that that was the case before the Trump campaign got off the ground--I've been very insistent on this forum in arguing that part of the nature of the beast is that the Trump campaign actively makes its supporters worse, rather than just playing to preexisting problems with them--but it's difficult to deny that white men are showing themselves to be way more susceptible to this particular sort of thinking, in this particular campaign, than are other demographics.

I will concede that they may be willing to turn a blind eye to it for this election. But this election is a rarity and should never be used as a benchmark of American society. I will agree that the Trump campaign does seem to make otherwise rational people simply deplorable, but I will not concede to the point that this is permanent nor indicative of the actual mannerisms of the average White male. White men may be more susceptible to this sort of thinking than other demographics, but that is due to the particularities of this election and not because of any generational cultural sickness.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2016, 07:27:31 PM »

I will concede that they may be willing to turn a blind eye to it for this election. But this election is a rarity and should never be used as a benchmark of American society. I will agree that the Trump campaign does seem to make otherwise rational people simply deplorable, but I will not concede to the point that this is permanent nor indicative of the actual mannerisms of the average White male. White men may be more susceptible to this sort of thinking than other demographics, but that is due to the particularities of this election and not because of any generational cultural sickness.

I disagree and think the events of the past year will have pretty lasting and extremely deleterious cultural effects; I hope you'll respect that disagreement.
Angel of Death
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2016, 07:29:39 PM »

I'll just leave this here:

White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2016, 07:37:19 PM »

I disagree and think the events of the past year will have pretty lasting and extremely deleterious cultural effects; I hope you'll respect that disagreement.

I totally understand that viewpoint and see where you're coming from with that. I myself have a fear that this may be the reality in the future, but I prefer to remain an optimist.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2016, 07:47:26 PM »

The term sexual assault refers to sexual contact or behavior that occurs without explicit consent of the victim.

That should be pretty basic.

Technically, if women were happy being groped on the pussy by Donald Trump, then it would not constitute sexual assault.

Do you really think that any female really wants to be groped in her private parts by anyone but her spouse or SO? And even then, it sounds pretty crude to put it that way.
Fitzgerald
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -5.91

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2016, 07:51:32 PM »

So what's the over-under on Sessions leaving office in handcuffs?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2016, 08:16:19 PM »

The term sexual assault refers to sexual contact or behavior that occurs without explicit consent of the victim.

Technically, if women were happy being groped on the pussy by Donald Trump, then it would not constitute sexual assault.

Do you really think that any female really wants to be groped in her private parts by anyone but her spouse or SO?

It's just the basic definition of sexual assault (which this thread was seemingly lacking).
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2016, 08:34:35 PM »

Consent-after-the-fact is a fairly terrible thing. If someone is raped, and is psychologically traumatized and convinced because of it that their consent and their will do not matter, does that excuse it? Not saying that's this is what happened here, but still a dangerous precedent
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2016, 08:51:32 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2016, 09:00:23 PM by Meclazine »

In the 1950's, staff were shown this video concerning sexual harrassment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxuUkYiaUc8

The difference, consent. Trump understands this better than anyone.

I think Donald has to be careful attacking Bill Clinton.

They are two peas in the same pod when it comes to behaviour with women.

Eventually (within a fortnight), some women are going to come out and say Donald forced himself on them, sexually.

It would be interesting to see the woman at the centre of the "pussygate" scandal talk about the previous encounter with the "furniture" shopping where Donald said he propositioned her for sex, but she refused because she was married.

That is lewd behaviour, but it does not constitute sexual assault.

Both men (WJ Clinton and Trump) are essentially using their elevated celebrity status to get in the pants of younger attractive women.

I think this has sunk Trump, and he will forever be tarnished by it as his number one issue.

It certainly is Bill's legacy now, and he gets to go back to the oval office to rectify his behaviour.

The Hillary train has left the station to the White House.

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2016, 08:57:28 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2016, 09:09:26 PM by ApatheticAustrian »

as good a reaction as any from a typical conservative republican woman:

https://twitter.com/MBGlenn/status/785641127604916224

the gender gap this time will be brutal.
Fitzgerald
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -5.91

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2016, 09:08:54 PM »

as good a reaction as any from a typical conservativen republican woman:

https://twitter.com/MBGlenn/status/785641127604916224

the gender gap this time will be brutal.

Someone please give this woman a medal. We probably disagree on every other issue, but on this one, at least, she deserves accolades.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2016, 09:12:33 PM »

This seems really stupid. I'm almost ready to assume that he intended to say that Trump's specific comments [to Billy Bush] on their own were not sexual assault, and just misheard the question. How on God's green earth you come to the conclusion that the actual act isn't sexual assault is beyond me.

I agree.
Sessions should have known better than to discuss the topic in any detail.
But he is a staunch supporter of trump, and now he looks like a dope.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2016, 09:20:52 PM »

Good defense, Sessions. Go with that. Make the rounds on the Sunday shows with it. Should play well.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2016, 09:22:19 PM »

Drink beer and go bowling!
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2016, 09:23:02 PM »

What is the point of comments like this? They do nothing for the discussion and are just meant to be mean. Respect our leaders, regardless of policy or gaffe.

I wish your party had showed a modicum of respect to Barack Obama during his Presidency. But because they didn't, I don't want to hear any BS about "respect our leaders"
Go through my atlas posts. I always refer to Pres. Obama as such and Sec. Clinton as such.

Pyro did say "Senator Sessions"....
Allow me to correct myself, I always refer to Pres. Obama and sec. Clinton as such and never make comments about them that add nothing to a conversation or are simply meant to be mean and nasty as opposed to productive and thought provoking.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2016, 09:55:10 PM »

What Sessions said is correct.  It's not clear what the action in question involves, at least to someone who is not an expert in such things.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2016, 10:00:47 PM »

sessions is pulling a dukakis here.

technically correct if you are a robot - practically a political gaffe to the max.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2016, 10:13:30 PM »

What is the point of comments like this? They do nothing for the discussion and are just meant to be mean. Respect our leaders, regardless of policy or gaffe.

Please do show some decency towards one of the cogs of the Trumpist machine to normalize rape culture, Pyro. It's the least you can do, for god's sake, man. Be a gentleman.
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2016, 10:21:44 PM »

Billy Madison > Jeff Sessions
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2016, 10:59:19 PM »

It's good now we can see the true scum...but I still fear for males like in college campuses that are just trying to awkwardly explore their sexuality.  The ones that understand after putting their hand on the woman's leg, that one NO means NO and they stop.  If things like that become actionable for harassment then we are really lost.

Each encounter can be complex and good men are afraid to even touch a woman, period because of this "rape culture" and backlash (even though some men get raped/assualted too).

I want a reasonable standard so we aren't making every man that ever touches a woman on a date to be a Trump.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2016, 11:02:13 PM »

being trump is not making a mistake....being trump is first making the mistake and then telling everyone else you are entitled to it and the other person is at fault.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies