The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:48:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 151606 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2016, 12:47:09 PM »

Your party is in denial. While I agree the while "Didn't vote for Obama and Hillary" thing is anathema to the base, but if your party just became pro-coal, it would pick up a lot of votes in Oklahoma, Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, while losing basically no one.

Probably the dumbest thing regarding energy politics I've ever seen posted on here.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2016, 11:52:32 PM »

Trump, obviously. Hillary will be lucky to scrap together 200 EVs.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2016, 10:28:10 AM »

The libertarian avatar made it difficult to tell if it was sarcasm, but I'll leave this here just in case:

I just don't understand comedy. What is it about certain words said in a certain way that makes people laugh?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2016, 12:27:18 PM »

The libertarian avatar made it difficult to tell if it was sarcasm, but I'll leave this here just in case:

I just don't understand comedy. What is it about certain words said in a certain way that makes people laugh?

It was.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2016, 12:45:09 AM »

It was.

It shouldn't be. No one really understands this.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2016, 08:00:08 AM »

Hate and collective responsibility - all liberal all the time

BRTD, what on earth has gotten into you?

I HATE Russia.

I HATE it. I hate this garbage, vile, disgusting sh!thole of a country. It ruins everything and oppresses everyone. It's pure f[inks]ing garbage along with anyone who supports it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2016, 09:21:05 PM »

I am not using the map for percentages.  The lighter shades are my tossups, showing a guess of how each will go. 

I am assuming a slight trend to Trump, and looked as past elections.  I have it at:

Clinton:  269
Trump:  269

I was not trying to come out with a tie.

A stronger trend to Trump and he wins; the tide shifts slightly to Clinton, she wins.  A tidal wave and well ....  If there is a 1980 style shift, it will go for Trump.

I would also be watching to see what the CD's in Maine and Nebraska do.  It may come down to one of those.

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2016, 09:01:47 AM »

North Carolina is an interesting state because there was never any historic reason to think it could become a brain state, but it has.  It just needs to cast off the final shackles of it's mud eating past and hopefully will.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2016, 12:34:05 PM »

What a beautiful meltdown we've got here

BillShill Weld, another turncoat for Clinton.  No wonder you love him here. Seemed like everything was rigged to elect Hillary because she sure couldn't win it against a good candidate!

At least he's getting called on it: http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/11/02/libertarian-vice-presidential-candidate-weld-speak/93164042/

But you can probably kiss that 5% goodbye, thanks a-hole.

Let's see:

Trump destroying the GOP and looking like an idiot and a creep.
Weld sabotaging the LP ticket with this Hillary nonsense.
Bernie stands by his principles until Hillary wins the nomination then "oh, vote for her!"
Stein...well she's Stein. Guess there's no rigging needed with her.
McMullin only real wild card, but will only make a difference in Utah.

I hope Hillary screws* up this country and I'm just going to sit back and laugh.

*replace with f-word

DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2016, 02:11:04 PM »

North Carolina is an interesting state because there was never any historic reason to think it could become a brain state, but it has.  It just needs to cast off the final shackles of it's mud eating past and hopefully will.

I few months back I read this new history book (highly recommended)

about the history of poor white people in America and how they were viewed by the political and intellectual elite.  It was interesting that even within the South, NC was viewed as the worst of the worst (especially by VA and SC), mainly because much of it was swampy sandy and there was no decent natural port.  It was a land of lazy mud eaters and blockheads who were prone to aiding smugglers avoiding Charleston and Norfolk.  Later, Tobacco and Textiles did NC no great favors and then lo and behold the Research Triangle comes into being.  Charlotte became a center of Finance.  Even outposts like Asheville and Wilmington are far more brainy than most of their contemporaries.

It's a rare example of people overcoming geography and history.  Still, there are the substantial regressive Helmsian elements in the state who, if they don't necessarily yearn for the days of tobacco and textiles, do yearn for the political closed mindedness and control that went along with those days.

As for my choice of pejorative, well, I'm afraid the aforementioned book above increased my vocabulary ten fold which probably isn't a great thing, as I'm willing to use it if I think the shoe fits.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2016, 03:59:41 PM »

Ugh. Dont believe everything you read. Trump has stopped polling really? And yet every one of his campaigns latest moves has been in response to new polling data that shows a massive swing to Trump in 2012 Obama states like NH, Pennsylvania, Michigan...apparently their internals for Minnesota are good too which has become some sort of dumping ground for somalian muslims. Trump has expanded the map and is going for the win on her turf. He's not scampering to defend Georgia or Texas like they'd quietly hoped he would at this late hour.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2016, 11:18:46 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=251190.0
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=251201.0
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=251223.0

I've never seen so many wusses in my life.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2016, 03:40:21 AM »

The first Republican President was Lincoln. The first Democrat President was Jackson. So obviously, the Democrats are historically the better party,
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2016, 03:41:15 AM »

The first Republican President was Lincoln. The first Democrat President was Jackson. So obviously, the Democrats are historically the better party,

Jesus wept at this post.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2016, 07:12:13 AM »

Well, he's not wrong. Nevertheless, I'm very sure that the Donald won't win. But the damage he's done is already too big.

Democrats concerned about what a German leader thinks?  Wouldn't be the first time!  We need to move forward though.  This isn't the 40's.
Anti-Bothsidesism
Somenamelessfool
United States

« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2016, 09:28:23 AM »

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2016, 05:30:08 PM »

Very similar to me.  I actually dislike Trump as a person and all things equal prefer Clinton policies overall when compared to Trump but will vote for him for being anti-PC.  Also I want to vote for White consolidation.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2016, 06:15:23 PM »

Very similar to me.  I actually dislike Trump as a person and all things equal prefer Clinton policies overall when compared to Trump but will vote for him for being anti-PC.  Also I want to vote for White consolidation.

Is he a West Virginian?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2016, 06:26:02 PM »

Is he a West Virginian?

He's a fat-cat capitalist from Scarsdale who was born in Taiwan - "white consolidation", amirite?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2016, 06:31:14 PM »

I guess by this logic the Mexican PRI is the awesomest party due to being around since the 1920s?

My fear is that Santander means that Jackson was a better president than Lincoln.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2016, 06:34:37 PM »

I guess by this logic the Mexican PRI is the awesomest party due to being around since the 1920s?

My fear is that Santander means that Jackson was a better president than Lincoln.
I mean, yeah that's going to be Santander's opinion. Jackson didn't free the slaves, after all.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2016, 09:22:36 PM »

Very similar to me.  I actually dislike Trump as a person and all things equal prefer Clinton policies overall when compared to Trump but will vote for him for being anti-PC.  Also I want to vote for White consolidation.
This is a great example of what not to do with your vote.

What the hell does "white consolidation" mean?
Oh God, I warned you guys that Rachel Dolezel would lead to confused and deranged "trans-racial" people coming out of the woodwork and tanning salons Tongue
I consider myself trans-racial.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2016, 09:27:28 PM »

Very similar to me.  I actually dislike Trump as a person and all things equal prefer Clinton policies overall when compared to Trump but will vote for him for being anti-PC.  Also I want to vote for White consolidation.

Oh God, I warned you guys that Rachel Dolezel would lead to confused and deranged "trans-racial" people coming out of the woodwork and tanning salons Tongue

If "transgender" is considered a thing, why stop there?  "Transracial" sounds no more absurd than "transgender".
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2016, 09:29:23 PM »

I actually don't consider that a completely absurd idea. (I mean sure it is in his case but I can think of plenty of cases where it wouldn't be.)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2016, 09:42:00 PM »

If "transgender" is considered a thing, why stop there?  "Transracial" sounds no more absurd than "transgender".

Thanks for posting that directly in the thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies