The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:44:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 150067 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: March 31, 2017, 11:37:39 AM »

I'm following US politics since 2000. All I can conclude:

Democrats on...

- 2000 Election: FLORIDA WAS STOLEN!!!

- 2004 Election: OHIO WAS STOLEN!!! (200.000 votes...)

- 2008 Election: If Obama doesn't win, it was RACISM!!! Voter fraud in black inner cities? Fake News! Getting 150% with 200% turnout is absoluetly common!

- 2012 Election: If Obama isn't re-elected, it is because of RACISM!!! Voter fraud in black inner cities? Fake News! Getting 150% with 200% turnout is absoluetly common!

- 2016 Election: RUSSIA!!!

a litte hint in the future:

- 2020 Trump re-election because of great economic data, weak Dem bench to challenge him and people seeing that he is able to govern and can be presidential: RUSSIA!!! RACISM!!! Kill all Whites!!!

- 2024 Pence election: RUSSIA!!! RACISM!!! We thought Hispanics would be socially liberal??? Deport them all!!!

Will be fun.

Does this user serve any purpose other than to scream about "muh awful libruhls"?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1176 on: March 31, 2017, 11:49:24 AM »

Does this user serve any purpose other than to scream about "muh awful libruhls"?

He is basically the stereotypical hyper-partisan uncle on Facebook who believes any claim about Democrats so long as it comes in meme form, and always is very confident his party will win every presidential election for the foreseeable future, because those Democrats are so bad.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1177 on: March 31, 2017, 02:06:20 PM »

Also the only person claiming that about Ohio in 2004 here is someone who agrees with him on Hillary and the 2016 election.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1178 on: March 31, 2017, 03:57:37 PM »

Like the GOP is going to vote to ban itself.

Context.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1179 on: March 31, 2017, 04:23:24 PM »

Germany is not remotely a free country.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1180 on: March 31, 2017, 04:23:57 PM »

ayy lmao
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1181 on: April 01, 2017, 11:35:28 AM »

Suggestion for the next namesake:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=261638.0
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1182 on: April 01, 2017, 11:43:51 AM »

Now that's some edge.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1183 on: April 01, 2017, 11:53:04 AM »

"I know he has a good heart"

And people on this board called me a Trump supporter because I criticized Hillary a lot. Obama must be a total Trump fan boy by their standards.

Click for context.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1184 on: April 01, 2017, 12:07:46 PM »

I'm convinced runeghost is just here to make liberals look bad.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1185 on: April 02, 2017, 03:17:30 PM »

Using a nuclear option to push through a justice supported by 60% of Americans is not something that will backfire.

Why the hell are liberals afraid of someone like gorsuch? He's one of the most tame conservatives to ever be appointed.

1. Gorsuch is far right hacktivist judge.  Being polite and having a non-threatening demeanor doesn't make someone any less of an extremist (see Pence, Mike).  

2. Any nominee by Trump is unacceptable because Hillary Clinton received a greater share of the popular vote.  The American people clearly voted for a Democratic majority on the Supreme Court and since Trump is not going to nominate Goodwin Liu (or even a moderate like Garland) to fill Scalia's former seat, it should remain vacant until after the winner of the 2020 Presidential election has been sworn in.  The American people will have another chance to make their voice heard on this issue in 2020, but until then, filling Scalia's seat with anyone to the right of Garland is unacceptable regardless of said nominees hypothetical qualifications.  

If after Scalia's seat has been filled by a young, liberal justice Republicans want to de-escalate the judicial wars, that's fine.  Until then, I'd rather see the entire Supreme Court indefinitely vacant than even consider any sort of compromise or de-escalation on this or any other judicial appointment.  Your party had a chance to de-escalate when Scalia died and blew it.  And appointing Garland to fill Ginsberg's seat if she dies is not an acceptable "compromise."  Appointing Goodwin Liu or Pamela Karlan to her seat and Garlan to Scalia's seat is an acceptable compromise (as opposed to filling both seats with relatively young staunch liberals) and anything short of that should be rejected by Senate Democrats.

3. You claim 60% of Americans support Gorsuch, but even if that is true (which I'm a bit skeptical of, to say the least) far more Americans supported Manchin-Toomey and Republicans blocked that all the same.  I really don't think congressional Republicans quite realized hard it is to govern once you've made at least half the country hate your guts, but they're sure going to learn.  What goes around comes around and as far as I'm concerned, the constant democratic obstruction on every issue is payback for all the sh!t Republicans pulled during Obama's Presidency.  Republicans made their bed and now they're gonna have to sleep in it.  Enjoy Smiley

How about as a truce to permanently end judicial wars, we pass a constitutional amendment forbidding the judiciary from striking down a law on any basis other than the literal text of the constitution and/or relevant law taking precedence? Seriously, as long as it's an art contest to see who can draw a more imaginative implied or evolving right, judicial nominations will perpetually be as close to an all-out war as the rules of our political system will allow. If you want judges to stop being partisan hacks, take away their power to be kings.

I'm sorry, but no.  Ignoring the fact that such a Constitutional amendment would be a terrible idea which would produce many awful rulings, I think I speak for many Democrats when I say I have literally no interest in a truce and would happily escalate the judicial wars after what happened with Garland.  Once Democrats have screwed over Republicans regarding a Supreme Court seat in a manner on par with Republican efforts to steal Scalia's vacant seat, then and only then, can we talk about a truce.  Obama tried de-escalating by nominating Garland and Republicans chose scorched earth warfare instead.  As far as I'm concerned, what goes around comes around.  If we manage to keep the seat vacant until a Democratic President has been sworn in and a young liberal justice is confirmed, then we can talk about a truce (and that's assuming Ginsberg hasn't died yet, if she has forget it).  Until then, y'all wanted scorched earth warfare and now you're gonna get it for the foreseeable future, period.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1186 on: April 02, 2017, 05:07:11 PM »

Good to see you're supporting a right-wing candidate.

I'm supporting a center-right candidate over a de facto (per support of Assange) far right candidate.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1187 on: April 02, 2017, 09:44:48 PM »

Clever as hell.

My brain hurts after reading through the last few pages. It appears NSV has disappeared himself. A shame, I probably would've enjoyed his meltdown.

And now with Eharding gone, I think...I'm the biggest spammer here???
Not by a long shot. That title belongs to BRTD.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1188 on: April 03, 2017, 06:15:33 PM »

Another thing to consider, which I have always loved as a former baseball player:

Bottom of the seventh, 2 outs, bases loaded, you're down by one run.  Your pitcher is throwing an absolute gem (let's say it's 1-0, other guys) and up to bat.  Do you keep him in so that he can keep pitching, knowing that the odds he gets a hit are tiny?  Do you pinch hit him, trying to take the lead, and fork the game over to your bullpen?  This situation comes up with relative frequency, and it's an aspect of strategy that is just totally lost on the AL.

That's precisely the reason both leagues should have the DH.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1189 on: April 03, 2017, 07:05:52 PM »

Another thing to consider, which I have always loved as a former baseball player:

Bottom of the seventh, 2 outs, bases loaded, you're down by one run.  Your pitcher is throwing an absolute gem (let's say it's 1-0, other guys) and up to bat.  Do you keep him in so that he can keep pitching, knowing that the odds he gets a hit are tiny?  Do you pinch hit him, trying to take the lead, and fork the game over to your bullpen?  This situation comes up with relative frequency, and it's an aspect of strategy that is just totally lost on the AL.

That's precisely the reason both leagues should have the DH.
Yeah, I gotta say that even as a fan of an AL team, I'm not a fan of the DH. The feeling when your pitcher hits a home run must be incredible.

It's less that he's defending the DH and more the basis on which he's defending it--that the incidence of dramatic and harrowing moments of strategy and intrigue in baseball should be reduced for some reason.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1190 on: April 03, 2017, 07:08:51 PM »

No, for much the same reason public schools shouldn't exist and government shouldn't be in the business of deciding what religion people should support. Everybody's going to disagree on what truth is. And, to a sadly limited extent, the free market sorts out who's right and wrong every day. Investing on wrong information exposes one to losses; investing on correct information exposes one to winning. If the New York Times starts printing fake news all day long, who's going to read it? Not anybody accountable for his or her decisions. That's why we have a free press, based on the capitalistic system of profit and loss. Gaddafi's theory of the role of the media was wrong. And that's why government shouldn't be in the business of telling people what kind of news sources are fake and which aren't. The National Enquirer sometimes prints accurate breaking stories. The New York Times sometimes prints fiction (though largely inconsequential). Any rules one may have regarding the accuracy of news sources can only come through lengthy experience interacting with them, which no class can teach on its own.

Besides (and it's interesting nobody has pointed this out yet), as Bryan Caplan has repeatedly suggested, children generally learn nothing from school, with totally unschooled children being able to catch up to schooled ones in knowledge completely in about two years. How I discovered what media to trust and distrust certainly had no resemblance to anything I learned in elementary school. I learned my critical thinking skills on my own, through the reading of such blogs as Respectful Insolence and Less Wrong, and, most importantly, going through the data on my own, figuring out which ideological claims (such as claims the Reagan tax cuts caused the Reagan era deficits and that rising economic freedom automatically leads to higher economic growth) were simply unfounded in any fact. So why teach kids that what they will forget in a day, in an hour, in a second, and will learn nothing useful from? That is nothing but a waste of taxpayer money.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #1191 on: April 04, 2017, 06:33:38 AM »

so it is pretty clear Democrats should take a stand here against Trump, the GOP, and their theft of this Senate seat.

Lol. So the rules say whichever party controls the presidency at the exact moment a vacancy arises owns that seat forever? Because i will never understand this "they stole it, so we have to steal it back, but somehow when we do it its not stealing" argument.

i could have lived with republicans rejecting half a dozen judges, until we got someone who finally was good enough or moderate enough or neutral on abortion or 80 years old or whatever, but just being able to reject hearings is mindblowing, imho.

Agreed. And the democrats were right then to complain. Now theyve taken what moral high ground they had, shat all over it, and still keep complaining about how stinky the republicans were a year ago.

Next time don't steal Supreme Court seats and maybe we won't have this problem.

I dont need to poke holes in your argument because repeating this "stolen seat " garbage betrays your lack of understanding and objectivity, but what the hell.

This overall argument is equivalent to a toddler justifying the pulling of his playmate's hair because "she should have shared if she didnt want it pulled." Right and wrong dont just disappear if someone else did something first. That is nor how logic works.

You guys made your bed and now you'll have to sleep in it.  Enjoy Smiley  Oh and spare me the hypocritical moralizing, I think I speak for most Democrats when I say you're wasting your breath.  I literally have no interest in seeing that seat filled by anyone regardless of their qualifications or objectivity until we have a Democratic President.

AT SOME POINT SOMEBODY IS GOING TO HAVE TO DEESCALATE.

That's only true if you want a future United States that isn't small band of survivors eating rats and each other in the ruins of flooded cities. Since that seems to be a future that the Trumpublicans are quite happy with (so long as their band of survivors is white, shouts "Jebus" every so often, and makes sure to kick the women in the head a lot when they're young) the incentive for those of us who oppose the deplorable scum to deescalate is pretty minimal.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1192 on: April 04, 2017, 11:06:06 PM »

The 2020 election will be a choice between a Putin agent and a Bashar Assad/Modi agent.

Not for his descriptions of Trump and Tulsi Gabbard but rather how certain he seems to be about Gabbard winning the nomination.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1193 on: April 05, 2017, 08:10:33 PM »

The 2020 election will be a choice between a Putin agent and a Bashar Assad/Modi agent.

Not for his descriptions of Trump and Tulsi Gabbard but rather how certain he seems to be about Gabbard winning the nomination.
I bet she doesn't even run.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1194 on: April 05, 2017, 08:52:35 PM »

This almost reads as parody:

No matter how many times the haters say this, it will never be true. She got 3 million votes more than Trump, and it would have been a much larger margin, including an electoral college victory, if some of the pwecious snowflakes who were rooting for her to win had bothered to pitch in and help, rather than their "noble" "protest" of leaving it blank or #writeinBernie or whatever.

It's not Hillary's fault she ran up against a buzzsaw who added millions of voters to the rolls, reached out to Democrats like no Republican ever could have, and somehow still hung out to all of the "values voters" (ha!). And despite all of his unique advantages that no other Republican could have brought to the table, the American people were rooting for her victory by a landslide margin. She wasn't a terrible candidate or even a mediocre one - she would have trounced the other Republicans, and even had a clear preference of the electorate against the Republicans' strongest candidate.

This belongs in the Foundation tbh. So bad it's good.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1195 on: April 06, 2017, 07:24:57 AM »

Why would an agent have trouble getting women? Why resort to prostitution? Sickening.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1196 on: April 06, 2017, 08:21:32 AM »

Why would an agent have trouble getting women? Why resort to prostitution? Sickening.
To be fair, this is a misconception about prostitution that is quite widespread in most Anglosphere countries, and especially the US.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1197 on: April 06, 2017, 07:25:53 PM »

Let's now put 10 20-something year-old judges on the Court who will be willing to not only overturn Roe v. Wade, but also say that all first-degree murder laws apply to the killing of babies nationwide.  Ending abortion is more important than our system of government itself.  I'm serious!
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1198 on: April 06, 2017, 08:34:11 PM »

All-Timer for Bronz:

Eh, I think Assad should do what pleases him, even if it is killing children, but it is still sad.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1199 on: April 06, 2017, 09:23:50 PM »

All-Timer for Bronz:

Eh, I think Assad should do what pleases him, even if it is killing children, but it is still sad.

Bronz advocating for genocide of children. Peak Bronz here.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies