The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:03:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 150112 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: April 25, 2017, 08:16:16 PM »

wonder if blocking Estrada because of his race was worth it for chucky?

With all due respect, if you think nuking the judicial filibuster had anything to do with Estrada, you're crazy.

What a great day for the unborn!  Cheesy

Let's hope there will be another retirement/vacancy or two, so we can make more forward progress.

It has always amused me how so many Republicans think their party leadership actually wants to see abortion banned.  Weakening decisions like Roe vs. Wade and Planned Parenthood vs. Casey?  Sure.  However, they're just using you guys [pro-lifers].  They'd never actually ban abortion because of the huge political backlash that would occur across the country (especially in wealthy suburbs and exurbs and yes, that includes the arch-conservative ones).  Even without Kennedy or without Ginsberg, if there was a real chance of the Supreme Court doing a complete 180 on abortion, Roberts would switch.  This fight was decided a long time ago. 

You're right that Roberts (and Gorsuch) can't be fully trusted to actually overturn Roe, but to pretend the republican party doesn't want to ban abortion is silly. Remember the attempts to pass Personhood? Remember that OH would have a heartbeat ban, if it didn't have to be vetoed for the sake of strategy? (no sense starting a roe challenge until there's a chance to win at SCOTUS) I know you guys tell yourself lies about republicans so you don't have to think about your abortion not being there for you, but that doesn't change the fact that republicans want to make abortion illegal.

Oh, abortion will always be an option for people.  Technology is a beautiful thing.

I know this would be politically unpopular, but, once abortion is illegal, I would support a travel ban to any locations where elective abortion is legal to stop any Americans from being aborted and put pressure on those governments to ban it too.

lmao

(People like you are why I favor abortion rights, fwiw)

come on now it's perfectly understandable that the product of a failed abortion would have some pretty radical views on the matter
This is absolutely disgusting.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1326 on: April 25, 2017, 10:24:40 PM »

Great, literally relitigating the primary.

Emails, amount of debates, and superdelegate counts all seem like weak evidence. This will probably get dismissed.

Hillary hacks whine about relitigating the primary when they forced Perez in as DNC chair because he supported Hillary and ShareBlue and the like are still attacking Bernie.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1327 on: April 25, 2017, 10:33:33 PM »

Everyone is going to support whatever electoral system is best for their party, which is fine and the way things should be.  I would hardly call it crazy for Nebraska to move to the system that 48 states use.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1328 on: April 25, 2017, 10:56:29 PM »

Emails, amount of debates, and superdelegate counts all seem like weak evidence. This will probably get dismissed.

Hillary hacks whine about relitigating the primary when they forced Perez in as DNC chair because he supported Hillary and ShareBlue and the like are still attacking Bernie.
Oh, Jfern...
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #1329 on: April 25, 2017, 11:18:58 PM »

The pissed off Bernie bro in me completely agrees with jfern but the rest of me realizes that that isn't completely true (although he has a few points)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1330 on: April 26, 2017, 01:21:38 AM »

The pissed off Bernie bro in me completely agrees with jfern but the rest of me realizes that that isn't completely true (although he has a few points)

It's mostly true, actually.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1331 on: April 26, 2017, 05:44:37 AM »

People who think of Perez as a centrist-corporate shill just show how far the Democrats have come.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1332 on: April 26, 2017, 08:43:57 AM »

It's ridiculous because what Senator is being seen the most with and most closely associated with Perez now?
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1333 on: April 26, 2017, 09:05:49 AM »

People who think of Perez as a centrist-corporate shill just show how far the Democrats have come.
*Supports TPP*
*Smeared Bernie Sanders ruthlessly during primaries*
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1334 on: April 26, 2017, 09:10:40 AM »

*Supports TPP*

TPP being a good or bad deal was debatable, and being mean to Bernie doesn't mean anything when judging whether he's progressive or not.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1335 on: April 26, 2017, 11:08:46 AM »
« Edited: April 26, 2017, 11:11:41 AM by Delegate JustinTimeCuber »

*Supports TPP*

TPP being a good or bad deal was debatable, and being mean to Bernie doesn't mean anything when judging whether he's progressive or not.
1. No, TPP sucked, I find it silly when "progressives" debate that, it puts us in a deal with countries that "tolerate slavery," is that progressive?
2. If Bernie smeared Elizabeth Warren or Amy Klobuchar or someone, everyone would be screaming about how he's not a true progressive. Tom Perez smears Bernie and he's still a progressive hero to some people though.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1336 on: April 26, 2017, 11:16:23 AM »

When Obama does it, it's okay because he has a penis, you see.

That's the wrong take. It's not a problem for Obama or Hillary or anyone else to do this.

Um, yes, there is? The leaders of the Democratic Party should not be cozying up to the ruling class.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1337 on: April 26, 2017, 12:18:05 PM »

When Obama does it, it's okay because he has a penis, you see.

That's the wrong take. It's not a problem for Obama or Hillary or anyone else to do this.

Um, yes, there is? The leaders of the Democratic Party should not be cozying up to the ruling class.
"but I want Dems to be corporate shills so the GOP has a talking point!"
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1338 on: April 26, 2017, 12:57:56 PM »

*Supports TPP*

1. No, TPP sucked, I find it silly when "progressives" debate that, it puts us in a deal with countries that "tolerate slavery," is that progressive?
2. If Bernie smeared Elizabeth Warren or Amy Klobuchar or someone, everyone would be screaming about how he's not a true progressive. Tom Perez smears Bernie and he's still a progressive hero to some people though.

1. Stop thinking in absolutes. These countries are extremely poor, the trade deals bring in resources and capital, helping them develop and improving quality of life in the long term. The toleration of slavery isn't stopped if the us refuses to do trade deals. There are labor standards in the TPP, though they aren't great. If we don't make trade deals in the pacific, China would be happy to do it instead, and China isn't exactly known for its human rights record.

2. First, what are these "smears"? Remember that during the primary, Bernie was continuing to run pointlessly despite being both completely unable to win and free of any party support. Democrats were probably getting pretty annoyed about bernie not dropping out like basically any other nominee would at that point. It was a pointless battle, the only thing it accomplished was to damage Clintons image and force her to spend more resources on the primary instead of the general. Bernie isn't immune to criticism.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1339 on: April 26, 2017, 02:48:24 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2017, 02:51:47 PM by Delegate JustinTimeCuber »

1. I'm not morally okay with doing deals with countries that have SLAVERY, but there's also the part about changing the setup so that the nations aren't a check on the corporations but that they are equals and disputes are resolved by some international tribunal, I'm no isolationist but I'd prefer we keep our sovereignty and don't sell it to multinational corporations kthanks
2. Labor Secretary Advised Clinton To Cast Clinton As Candidate Of Whites To Turn Off Minorities he basically tried to paint Bernie as racist (the same Bernie who got arrested protesting for civil rights and the same Bernie who marched on Washington with MLK, very racist guy)
The second part of that is just the "NO ONE DARE RUN AGAINST QUEEN GOD EMPRESS HILLARY CLINTON #IMWITHHER" argument. Is he not allowed to criticize her? It's not his fault she wasn't for gay marriage until 2013, it's not his fault she voted for the Iraq f**king war.
mieastwick
Rookie

« Reply #1340 on: April 26, 2017, 02:53:10 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2017, 02:54:48 PM by mieastwick »

2. First, what are these "smears"? Remember that during the primary, Bernie was continuing to run pointlessly despite being both completely unable to win and free of any party support. Democrats were probably getting pretty annoyed about bernie not dropping out like basically any other nominee would at that point. It was a pointless battle, the only thing it accomplished was to damage Clintons image and force her to spend more resources on the primary instead of the general. Bernie isn't immune to criticism.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/20/primary.wrap/
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1341 on: April 26, 2017, 03:02:52 PM »

Obama managed to win the general, even with such a horribly prolonged primary contest.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1342 on: April 26, 2017, 03:07:43 PM »

Jfern is right that Hillary hacks like relitigating the primary just as much as Bernie hacks do, but he is wrong that the DNC chair race was an example of that.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1343 on: April 26, 2017, 03:25:46 PM »

Obama managed to win the general, even with such a horribly prolonged primary contest.

Not to relitigate the 2008bprimary as well, but Clinton had a much better shot than Sanders in 08, and lead in the popular vote count throughout the contest. Granted, Michigan, etc. etc.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1344 on: April 26, 2017, 04:01:21 PM »

Not to relitigate the 2008bprimary as well, but Clinton had a much better shot than Sanders in 08, and lead in the popular vote count throughout the contest. Granted, Michigan, etc. etc.
For one week I thought Bernie Sanders was the favorite, starting March 8 and ending March 15th. I thought Mich. would be indicative of a polling error mainly in Ohio but also in Illinois and Missouri. Then Hillary won on March 15 and I thought it was mostly over, but regained a bit of hope over the next month until New York happened and destroyed the possibility of comeback. That's when I think it was pretty much over but there should still be a challenge for the other states, she shouldn't have won by default anywhere, and NJ/CA/the others should get a say (if they all really wanted Bernie they could have given him the pledged delegate lead)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1345 on: April 27, 2017, 08:10:35 PM »

Yet another example of political correctness going too far.  "Offensive joke" is an oxymoron, as the "joke" part means that there is no way it could be offensive.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1346 on: April 28, 2017, 01:40:15 PM »

1. I'm not morally okay with doing deals with countries that have SLAVERY, but there's also the part about changing the setup so that the nations aren't a check on the corporations but that they are equals and disputes are resolved by some international tribunal, I'm no isolationist but I'd prefer we keep our sovereignty and don't sell it to multinational corporations kthanks
2. Labor Secretary Advised Clinton To Cast Clinton As Candidate Of Whites To Turn Off Minorities he basically tried to paint Bernie as racist (the same Bernie who got arrested protesting for civil rights and the same Bernie who marched on Washington with MLK, very racist guy)
The second part of that is just the "NO ONE DARE RUN AGAINST QUEEN GOD EMPRESS HILLARY CLINTON #IMWITHHER" argument. Is he not allowed to criticize her? It's not his fault she wasn't for gay marriage until 2013, it's not his fault she voted for the Iraq f**king war.

1. Corporations in many countries can already sue the US. Corporations being able to sue doesn't give them absolute power. They can lose(and of the 17 such suits presented before the us via other deals with the same clause, they always have). And the deal isn't going to enhance exploitation(or more accurately, the jobs that are created will be marginally less awful then what life they would have had before, they take the jobs for a reason), but it will lead to economic growth, and though that growth will mostly help those with high wages already, the small amount that trickles down, as well as the infrastructure that is built, is certainly better then nothing. We need to do more, and the tpp isn't as good as it could be, but its the best we've got right now. China is going to fill the void we've left when we ditched the tpp, and considering its record on human rights, I doubt its going to be anything but worse then the tpp.

2. Wow, a source that describes itself as for members of a particular ideology(one that really hates clinton). Seems like a good source of bias-free news. Plus, this kind of campaigning happens. Bernie not being so good at reaching out to minorities (with the exception of asiansl isn't exactly untrue(esp early in the primary, and hitting him on that isn't calling him a KKKer. I'd consider his attacks on Clinton over "connections to wall-street" pretty similar. Clinton was planning to run for president and thought that a vote against the iraq war(which a major chunk of the democrats voted for) would hurt her in a general. Add to that the fact that it would definitely pass without her vote, and it doesn't seem quite as bad. Sanders lived/lives in a senate seat where voting for the iraq war might be something of a liability.  Ditto on gay marriage. So many people in the party supported Clinton because when you work with her in person, she's the kind of person who will get your respect. The real woman behind the persona known as hillary is not some boring piece of plastic, she's someone who you become loyal to out of respect. Unfortunately, none of that translates to electoral ability, perhaps because of the public shell she's built due to the extremity of the sexism she faced in the 80s and 90s. She seemed to come out of it some during the first debate(which was her best time in the polls IIRC), which was amazing, but I don't think it lasted...
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1347 on: April 28, 2017, 02:17:57 PM »

I wish he ran third part in 2016, I believe he could have thrown the election to the house and then he would have won.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1348 on: April 28, 2017, 03:01:46 PM »

I tend to agree with this map. People who didn't like Hillary enough to vote for her against Trump probably were never going to vote for her in the first place, email scandal or not. I think Comey swayed some hesitant Republicans back to the Trump camp after the Access Hollywood video, but didn't really sway many Clinton voters away from her.
I voted for Trump because of Access Hollywood.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1349 on: April 28, 2017, 03:10:09 PM »

I tend to agree with this map. People who didn't like Hillary enough to vote for her against Trump probably were never going to vote for her in the first place, email scandal or not. I think Comey swayed some hesitant Republicans back to the Trump camp after the Access Hollywood video, but didn't really sway many Clinton voters away from her.
I voted for Trump because of Access Hollywood.

Don't post that here lol. He wants this thread named after himself.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies