The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:01:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 150017 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: May 03, 2017, 03:34:47 PM »

For those of you who worship failing public schools and go around saying that you want educational opportunities for every American student it shows hypocrisy.

Even for bronz, this is bad.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1376 on: May 03, 2017, 04:56:53 PM »

The main reason we have to have later cutoff points is to give women time to know they're pregnant and save up enough money to have the abortion.

If Republicans agreed to have the government pay for abortions for the poor and to amend Obamacare to make abortion a mandatory covered service, we could probably compromise on banning after 12 weeks.

The day a significant number of congressional democrats sign off on a 12 week ban is the day pigs learn to fly. And this assumes that the Hyde amendment is up for debate. It's not. It's settled law.

It's obviously not settled law if one of the two major parties called for its repeal in its platform. Some day the Democrats will have total control and the Hyde amendment will go bye-bye, God willing. A totally unnecessary law. Only a matter of time.

Given that the democratic caucus will be 100% anti-hyde on the 12th of Never, they would need like 70, maybe 75 senators, to withstand defections and still get by the legislative filibuster. Majorities that big literally never occur.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1377 on: May 03, 2017, 05:54:47 PM »

A bit late but Jesus f**k

When is the appropriate time to share my feelings? I feel as if I am in limerence. I really need to get this off my conscience.
You dont, make a physical move.

I don't see the problem here. Spark said he was going to take his crush out to dinner, and I'm pretty sure Rjjr was telling him to be himself and go in for a kiss when the date ended.

What's wrong with that?

You don't make sudden physical moves on someone after a first date. Consent matters. People don't like being randomly forced into a kiss; unwanted intimate contact is really violating.

A kiss isn't "random" if you're on a date. If you both had an awesome time on your date and feel like there's chemistry there, it's perfectly reasonable to go in for a kiss without asking. Worst case scenario he/she pulls away and refuses. I mean how exactly do you envision a kiss happening on a first date?

It's not as if he/she forcefully grabs you by the back of the head and proceeds to tongue rape your face. lol
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1378 on: May 03, 2017, 06:03:25 PM »

School vouchers are a bad, bad idea, folks. They are just another way for the government to take control over education.

That's why nobody should receive an education unless their parents can afford it, obviously.
Everyone can afford an education these days, even the indolent (of whom there are sadly very many!). There are public libraries, you know. And the Internet. There is absolutely no need for governments to spend a dime on children's education.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1379 on: May 03, 2017, 07:35:01 PM »

School vouchers are a bad, bad idea, folks. They are just another way for the government to take control over education.

That's why nobody should receive an education unless their parents can afford it, obviously.
Everyone can afford an education these days, even the indolent (of whom there are sadly very many!). There are public libraries, you know. And the Internet. There is absolutely no need for governments to spend a dime on children's education.

Wow. "Everyone can afford an education these days..."

BUT MUH COLLEGE EDUCATION...
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1380 on: May 03, 2017, 10:14:04 PM »

"Islamophobia" isn't a real thing and it isn't a problem.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1381 on: May 03, 2017, 10:23:25 PM »

When is the appropriate time to share my feelings? I feel as if I am in limerence. I really need to get this off my conscience.

I don't see the problem here. Spark said he was going to take his crush out to dinner, and I'm pretty sure Rjjr was telling him to be himself and go in for a kiss when the date ended.

What's wrong with that?

You don't make sudden physical moves on someone after a first date. Consent matters. People don't like being randomly forced into a kiss; unwanted intimate contact is really violating.

A kiss isn't "random" if you're on a date. If you both had an awesome time on your date and feel like there's chemistry there, it's perfectly reasonable to go in for a kiss without asking. Worst case scenario he/she pulls away and refuses. I mean how exactly do you envision a kiss happening on a first date?

It's not as if he/she forcefully grabs you by the back of the head and proceeds to tongue rape your face. lol

There's something called nonverbal signals. The best way to do it is to use those. If you're good enough to not misinterpret those signals. Otherwise, just ask. Asking when they would say yes is a hell of a lot better then not asking when they would say no. Plus, "make a physical move" very much implies being forceful.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1382 on: May 04, 2017, 01:06:26 AM »

As was said before, he turned many people who would have been perfectly fine with Clinton against her. Before the primary I had zero problem with Clinton. I would have happily supported her when she wrapped up the nomination in a traditional primary. But then Sanders came. And because sanders decided to make things about some style-based progressive movement, he got a lot of young people (including me, to my shame) rallied up into a cult-like state. Clinton was the one who got all the hate because she was standing in the way of Bernie(among other things). The big problem was that bernie didn't concede when the dust was settled and it was clear that he lost, he kept delusionally fighting on, and his fanbase(again, including me) kept being riled by "bernie can still win" BS. The constant uphill struggle, the attacks on Clinton that were much harder to brush off then most primary attacks, and the seceding into a little group self-divided from everyone else on the left were devastating. Bernie didn't have to make Clinton "the enemy". Bernie didn't have to refuse to consider her "progressive enough" over petty nonsense. Bernie didn't have to frivolously declare the democratic primary rigged against him when the advantages in super-delegates came from Clinton's advantage in the primary(and he got an obviously undemocratic boost in caucuses), he didn't have to let a cult of personality form around him(and probably let it get to his head). I remember early in the primary looking at Clinton's website(I knew of bernie at this point), and thinking she'd be cool, getting excited for her. But because I got swept in the bernie wave I later hated her. I honestly wouldn't have been able to name a real problem I had with Clinton if I was asked, and I remember a thought that Hillary really wasn't much different from bernie. But I dismissed it, because I was caught up in the bern. Bernie didn't have to do all of this.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1383 on: May 05, 2017, 04:57:01 PM »

What's wrong with that?

Maybe that would happen if it were Rick James.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1384 on: May 05, 2017, 05:03:43 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2017, 05:27:27 PM by RINO Tom »

What's wrong with that?

Outside of the largely gay and/or socially inept world of Atlas, girls still expect guys to make the first move and most certainly don't consider you a violator if it doesn't work out, LMFAO.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1385 on: May 05, 2017, 05:23:26 PM »

Outside of the largely gay and/of socially inept world of Atlas, girls still expect guys to make the first move and most certainly don't consider you a violator if it doesn't work out, LMFAO.

This brings me back to the ol' undergrad days where someone else made the first move like three times. God Bless.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1386 on: May 05, 2017, 05:28:03 PM »

Outside of the largely gay and/of socially inept world of Atlas, girls still expect guys to make the first move and most certainly don't consider you a violator if it doesn't work out, LMFAO.

This brings me back to the ol' undergrad days where someone else made the first move like three times. God Bless.

Nothin' better than a fine lookin' lady making the first move.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1387 on: May 05, 2017, 05:39:43 PM »

Nothin' better than a fine lookin' lady making the first move.

In my case, this had to be true, as I was too socially lazy/sexually timid to ever do anything for myself.

This is extremely far from the truth for most young American men. I don't doubt that there are some social circles in which what you say is the case, but it's also true that many men have poor social skills and fail to notice women who make advances, or don't like the women who actually approach them enough to pay attention to them in that way, or are extremely unattractive to women on account of appearance or behavior.

No doubt true as well.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1388 on: May 05, 2017, 05:46:12 PM »

This is extremely far from the truth for most young American men. I don't doubt that there are some social circles in which what you say is the case, but it's also true that many men have poor social skills and fail to notice women who make advances, or don't like the women who actually approach them enough to pay attention to them in that way, or are extremely unattractive to women on account of appearance or behavior.

Fair, and we can only all really relay our own experiences.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #1389 on: May 05, 2017, 07:58:21 PM »

liberals bashing Bernie Sanders is hard to wrap my head around
As was said before, he turned many people who would have been perfectly fine with Clinton against her. Before the primary I had zero problem with Clinton. I would have happily supported her when she wrapped up the nomination in a traditional primary. But then Sanders came. And because sanders decided to make things about some style-based progressive movement, he got a lot of young people (including me, to my shame) rallied up into a cult-like state. Clinton was the one who got all the hate because she was standing in the way of Bernie(among other things). The big problem was that bernie didn't concede when the dust was settled and it was clear that he lost, he kept delusionally fighting on, and his fanbase(again, including me) kept being riled by "bernie can still win" BS. The constant uphill struggle, the attacks on Clinton that were much harder to brush off then most primary attacks, and the seceding into a little group self-divided from everyone else on the left were devastating. Bernie didn't have to make Clinton "the enemy". Bernie didn't have to refuse to consider her "progressive enough" over petty nonsense. Bernie didn't have to frivolously declare the democratic primary rigged against him when the advantages in super-delegates came from Clinton's advantage in the primary(and he got an obviously undemocratic boost in caucuses), he didn't have to let a cult of personality form around him(and probably let it get to his head). I remember early in the primary looking at Clinton's website(I knew of bernie at this point), and thinking she'd be cool, getting excited for her. But because I got swept in the bernie wave I later hated her. I honestly wouldn't have been able to name a real problem I had with Clinton if I was asked, and I remember a thought that Hillary really wasn't much different from bernie. But I dismissed it, because I was caught up in the bern. Bernie didn't have to do all of this.
It's not that hard
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1390 on: May 06, 2017, 09:42:53 AM »

Good old two weeks ago.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1391 on: May 06, 2017, 01:08:29 PM »

liberals bashing Bernie Sanders is hard to wrap my head around

He's a problematic figure (as are most politicians from all sides of the political spectrum). We don't have to like people just because they're in our party (which he isn't even, so...)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1392 on: May 06, 2017, 01:44:42 PM »

Someone like Bernie was bound to come along eventually. The Democratic Party needed a correction to its current direction, and as is usual, such corrections are rarely universally accepted by members of said party, particularly the old establishment order. It's not even like all people who are annoyed by Bernie dislike his ideas entirely, but more so that they feel he's disrupting and dividing the party, and possibly hurting chances at success. Some people may see that as not worth it, and some may see it as a necessary cycle in the transition to a party more concerned about the average voter and their concerns than placating wealthy people.
mencken
« Reply #1393 on: May 06, 2017, 03:46:31 PM »

Some of them might start to have second thoughts about supporting the Democratic Party as Islamist hordes make them start boarding the cattle cars.

Why would you both report my post for being inappropriate (presumably with the intention of removing it) and post it here (presumably with the intention to preserving it)?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1394 on: May 06, 2017, 07:41:36 PM »

The only people bashing Bernie today are diehard Hillary loyalists who want to blame literally everyone and everything for her loss to Trump except Hillary Clinton.  They're a very small minority, because Bernie is the most popular politician in the country right now and the DNC even realizes that.

Let's stop relitigating the damn primary.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1395 on: May 07, 2017, 12:32:05 AM »

Re: Who would FDR vote for?

*Against German domination of Europe
*Friendly with the Russians
*Opponent of the "money changers"
*Very fiscally liberal
*Friend of monetary sovereignty

Le Pen, easily.

More seriously, FDR was probably too much of an internationalist to vote for Le Pen, but his fiscal and monetary priorities do line up better with Le Pen than with Macron here. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did go Le Pen in this election.

Jesus Christ.
mieastwick
Rookie

« Reply #1396 on: May 07, 2017, 12:39:21 AM »

I said nothing wwrong
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1397 on: May 07, 2017, 06:44:14 PM »

I support Globalization when it comes to trade, pro immigrant , and resolving conflicts. I do NOT support globalism on international law should overide national law
Reagan style nationalism >> Globalism >>>>>>>>>>>>>Le pen style nationalism
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1398 on: May 07, 2017, 09:34:46 PM »

I support Globalization when it comes to trade, pro immigrant , and resolving conflicts. I do NOT support globalism on international law should overide national law
Reagan style nationalism >> Globalism >>>>>>>>>>>>>Le pen style nationalism

how is it absurd
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1399 on: May 08, 2017, 01:37:46 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

McMaster, acting weak only harms the country.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies