The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:33:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 149970 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: June 01, 2017, 01:33:52 PM »

He's totally right on doctor-assisted suicide, and besides, this thread is for legitimately bad posts, not "I disagree with his politics".

Go into a protest with a sign that says "more death panels!", ok then.

I believe this is what is called a joke.

Even if that is the case comma suggesting mandatory abortions for the deformed is more than enough grounds to qualify for this thread.
They're "pro-choice"... the government gets to choose who is worthy of life and death.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1601 on: June 01, 2017, 01:44:13 PM »

He's totally right on doctor-assisted suicide, and besides, this thread is for legitimately bad posts, not "I disagree with his politics".

Even if that is the case comma suggesting mandatory abortions for the deformed is more than enough grounds to qualify for this thread.
They're "pro-choice"... the government gets to choose who is worthy of life and death.
The government already does this every day.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1602 on: June 01, 2017, 01:48:06 PM »

The government already does this every day.
Yes, it is tyranny.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1603 on: June 02, 2017, 11:31:02 AM »

What happened to political moderates? They make up roughly half of the Democratic Party.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1604 on: June 02, 2017, 12:25:19 PM »

What happened to political moderates? They make up roughly half of the Democratic Party.

...you just dug up a 4-year-old post saying something that a good number of people still agree with? Uh, OK. Huh
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1605 on: June 02, 2017, 12:32:17 PM »

I'm sure Kingpoleon got nothing better to do with his life than digging for years-old posts. After all, being edgy on Atlas is the most important thing in life.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1606 on: June 02, 2017, 02:04:21 PM »

I'm sure Kingpoleon got nothing better to do with his life than digging for years-old posts. After all, being edgy on Atlas is the most important thing in life.
Actually, that thread was recently bumped. But whatever you do, don't dare look for a reason I might have recently seen this thread. Instead, you can all just assume I was digging for dirt on Antonio V.

It's a classically BRTD-esque ideological relativism. Since about half of the Democratic Party is to his right, he has unilaterally declared that half moderates for little to no reason other than their relatively moderate economic views in comparison with himself.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1607 on: June 02, 2017, 02:07:31 PM »

It's a classically BRTD-esque ideological relativism. Since about half of the Democratic Party is to his right, he has unilaterally declared that half moderates for little to no reason other than their relatively moderate economic views in comparison with himself.

So it would be like you claiming that half of the Republican Party are critical race theorists?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1608 on: June 02, 2017, 02:13:27 PM »

Actually, that thread was recently bumped. But whatever you do, don't dare look for a reason I might have recently seen this thread. Instead, you can all just assume I was digging for dirt on Antonio V.

Quoting years-old posts that might not represent what a poster thinks now is just silly.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1609 on: June 02, 2017, 02:23:28 PM »

So it would be like you claiming that half of the Republican Party are critical race theorists?

That makes less sense than your ideology.

Quoting years-old posts that might not represent what a poster thinks now is just silly.

Putting a post here isn't intended to insult the poster in question, in my view.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1610 on: June 02, 2017, 02:36:07 PM »

That makes less sense than your ideology.

OH DAMN YOU GOT ME THERE. ALACK I AM SLAIN
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1611 on: June 03, 2017, 07:08:57 PM »

imo this invites the question: do we need to actively stop pseudoïslamist terror? it has such a vanishingly small direct impact (in the west, anyways) that, instead, desensationalising and depoliticising news coverage is a perfectly reasonable route to take.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1612 on: June 03, 2017, 07:56:04 PM »

"Sure, people die because of terrorism, but it's exaggerated so who cares?"
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1613 on: June 03, 2017, 08:01:47 PM »

"Sure, people die because of terrorism, but it's exaggerated so who cares?"
There was a grain of truth in there (mainly that terrorists win when we sensationalize terrorism), but what I basically read is "if a few people need to die so people's feelings don't get hurt, so be it!"
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1614 on: June 03, 2017, 08:04:59 PM »

I don't remember that evergreen used to be this terrible of a poster. It really seems like she's gotten much worse.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1615 on: June 03, 2017, 08:26:10 PM »

If you believe we should ignore terrorism and the deaths, you are a cruel and sick individual who should be admitted to a psych ward with the possibility of harming others...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1616 on: June 03, 2017, 08:30:50 PM »

If you believe we should ignore terrorism and the deaths, you are a cruel and sick individual who should be admitted to a psych ward with the possibility of harming others...
Evergreen has made it clear that she's fine with harming others, so...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1617 on: June 04, 2017, 08:07:35 AM »

I don't remember that evergreen used to be this terrible of a poster. It really seems like she's gotten much worse.

As with Runeghost (who has now gotten better since his tempban, from the little I've seen of his recent posts), Trump's victory seems to have driven her off the deep end.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1618 on: June 04, 2017, 09:47:18 AM »

As with Runeghost (who has now gotten better since his tempban, from the little I've seen of his recent posts), Trump's victory seems to have driven her off the deep end.

I'm not so sure about that, tbh.  IIRC, Evergreen always had a nutter/trollish streak to her (ex: I think there was some sort of controversy about her repeatedly advocating the legalization of bestiality, but I forget if it was in a serious discussion or just some sort of Atlasia nonsense) well before 2016 and that what really changed with her after the 2016 Presidential election was that the posts started getting much more vicious in nature as opposed to just being disturbingly out there (ex: her post calling ExtremeConservative the product of a failed abortion).  While the post about ignoring terrorist attacks is obviously horrible, I'm not sure it was really all that different from the sorts of posts Evergreen would make every now and then prior to the 2016 election.  The more I think about it, Evergreen isn't so much a poster who went off the deep-end after 2016 as she is a poster who always had some horrible views and settled down for a bit only to relapse into nasty sh!tposting troll mode after the election.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1619 on: June 04, 2017, 04:04:48 PM »

Just asking, would anyone else support a rename of this thread? Sure, ER's views are deplorable, but there are many posters here who are more deserving of the title.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1620 on: June 04, 2017, 04:27:48 PM »

Just asking, would anyone else support a rename of this thread? Sure, ER's views are deplorable, but there are many posters here who are more deserving of the title.
I propose either evergreen or Runeghost.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1621 on: June 04, 2017, 04:30:02 PM »

How about Dave Leip? That guy didn't make a good post in years.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1622 on: June 04, 2017, 04:31:58 PM »

I propose either evergreen or Runeghost.

By that logic, EnglishPete, Klartext, or krazen would be best. But they too are consistent. It should be after a blatant concern troll methinks.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1623 on: June 04, 2017, 04:40:10 PM »

Beet?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1624 on: June 04, 2017, 04:40:58 PM »

I'm not against the suggestions here, but is it worth changing it when the thread has only about 10 pages left? At the rate it's going, we'll have a new one soon.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies