The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:33:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 151978 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2016, 07:18:25 PM »

Donald Trump (R-NY) / Michael Pence (R-IN) - 300 EVs, (47.1%)
Hillary Clinton (D-NY) / Tim Kaine (D-VA) - 238 EVs, (48.4%)
Gary Johnson (L-NM) / William Weld (L-MA) - 0 EVs, (4%)
Evan McMullin (I-UT) / Mindy Finn (I-TX) - 0 EVs, (1.1%)
Jill Stein (G-MA) / Ajamu Baraka (G-IL) - 0 EVs, (0.3%)

My gut says Trump will now win. I think MN, NH, & PA are a bit bold. and could easily go for Clinton.

But let me explain:

MN- Dissatisfied with Obamacare, Midwestern, progressive (They won't fall for Hillary), and White.
PA- Turnout will be high in the Pittsburgh metropolitan area and Central PA, while Trump will win a few counties (Bucks, Lehigh, & Luzerne) in the East. Turnout will be lower in Philadelphia and among AAs overall. This should be enough for Trump to flip the state.
NH- White, Hillary's primary loss, and just my own intuition. I'll probably be wrong on this one though.

Utah will be close and I think Trump will narrowly win the state against McMullin & Clinton splitting the vote enough.

We need to offer Spark an apology for putting this in here

That map is just a generic Trump victory map; it doesn't have much similarity to what actually happened.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2016, 05:11:55 AM »

My gut says Trump will now win. I think MN, NH, & PA are a bit bold. and could easily go for Clinton.

But let me explain:

MN- Dissatisfied with Obamacare, Midwestern, progressive (They won't fall for Hillary), and White.
PA- Turnout will be high in the Pittsburgh metropolitan area and Central PA, while Trump will win a few counties (Bucks, Lehigh, & Luzerne) in the East. Turnout will be lower in Philadelphia and among AAs overall. This should be enough for Trump to flip the state.
NH- White, Hillary's primary loss, and just my own intuition. I'll probably be wrong on this one though.

Utah will be close and I think Trump will narrowly win the state against McMullin & Clinton splitting the vote enough.

Considering all three of the Upper Midwestern states were wrong, and considering two of them were deciding states, I don't think so.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2016, 01:48:06 AM »

But let me explain:

Considering all three of the Upper Midwestern states were wrong, and considering two of them were deciding states, I don't think so.

Meanwhile predictions of Arizona, Nor Car, and Georgia flipping and Utah voting for an independent were taken more seriously, including by me. The only real error on the map above is the idea that MN would vote to the right of WI and/or MI.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2016, 05:15:24 PM »

But let me explain:

Meanwhile predictions of Arizona, Nor Car, and Georgia flipping and Utah voting for an independent were taken more seriously, including by me. The only real error on the map above is the idea that MN would vote to the right of WI and/or MI.

It would make sense if Trump wasn't such a terrible fit for Minnesota.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2016, 06:22:54 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2016, 12:05:13 AM by 1945>1488 »

In answer to 'when America stopped being great':

2013 when the top marginal rates went up and along with the Obamacare taxes.  My plan based these tax rates is to go into semi-retirement in end of 2018 and go into perm retirement around 2022.  The election of Trump was a surprise for me.  If Trump manages to reduce the top marginal tax rates and get rid of the Obamacare taxes I will most likely delay my retirement plans by 3-5 years at least.   I am hopeful this will take place but not betting on it.  Will wait and see.

His other answer in the same thread--revolving around how America is becoming less Eurocentric, and how that means that 'even as an extreme atheist' (his words) he's upset by ~the War on Christmas~--is bad as well but at least it didn't literally say that the country is only great to the extent that its tax code benefits him personally. What in the world is wrong with jaichind?
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2016, 07:19:50 PM »

Torture is unethical and a human rights violation. It's also ineffective and doesn't work. The only reason to support torture is that it makes you feel manly and badass.

Can Trump please find different ways to deal with his masculine insecurities? I mean, there shouldn't be shortage of psychotherapists in NYC, for Christ's sake.

You cant prove it doesnt work. Anyways, waterboarding is not torture.  Im not sure what Pompeo has in mind, but im sure its fine.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #181 on: November 19, 2016, 10:08:27 AM »

Alcon is one of our best posters, but this is one of the most nonsensical posts I've read here in a long time

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #182 on: November 19, 2016, 06:25:01 PM »

As a person: Vile scumbag
As president-elect: Completely incompetent and pandering exclusively to the alt right
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #183 on: November 19, 2016, 06:34:32 PM »

As president-elect: Completely incompetent and pandering exclusively to the alt right

This really doesn't belong here though.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #184 on: November 19, 2016, 09:38:37 PM »

Alcon is one of our best posters, but this is one of the most nonsensical posts I've read here in a long time

Lots of very very smart people are agreeing with Alcon.  Great honor!
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #185 on: November 19, 2016, 11:49:36 PM »

Well, you would post this here, wouldn't you?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2016, 12:04:16 AM »

Many people posted negative opinions of Trump in that thread. There is a reason why I singled out that post.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #187 on: November 20, 2016, 12:08:52 AM »

Many people posted negative opinions of Trump in that thread. There is a reason why I singled out that post.

Is it because Trump is pandering to people who aren't, technically, part of the alt-right? I'll concede that point, but pandering to unreconstructed neocons and senescent kleptocratic industrialists isn't really that much better.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #188 on: November 20, 2016, 12:47:28 AM »

One of my posts was put here by none other than Santander? Great honer! Cheesy
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #189 on: November 20, 2016, 10:45:31 AM »

Do I want to know what that is a typo of?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #190 on: November 20, 2016, 01:37:06 PM »

Do I want to know what that is a typo of?

You know the origin of " great honer", right?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #191 on: November 22, 2016, 07:47:51 PM »

"Pro-business" means you want government to put its finger on the scale. That is neither conservative nor consistent with true free market individualism.

No it means you are promoting innovation , job creation , and a better economy in general. 
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #192 on: November 22, 2016, 09:32:39 PM »

"Pro-business" means you want government to put its finger on the scale. That is neither conservative nor consistent with true free market individualism.

No it means you are promoting innovation , job creation , and a better economy in general. 

Small Business is responsible for nearly all economic growth in this country not the government . The only way that is possible is to deregulate and reduce taxes for small business which by the way is a pro business policy. But im sure you wont understand that knowing you think Carter was a better president then Reagan
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2016, 09:50:06 PM »

Small Business is responsible for nearly all economic growth in this country not the government . The only way that is possible is to deregulate and reduce taxes for small business which by the way is a pro business policy. But im sure you wont understand that knowing you think Carter was a better president then Reagan
Either you didn't read that thread or you can't read English, but thank you for posting directly into the thread.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2016, 09:50:58 PM »

Never change, beep boop.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2016, 09:54:50 PM »

This is what I am talking about when I claim that conservatism is basically a feeling, not an ideology.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2016, 10:39:12 PM »

Good job posting into the thread itself.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #197 on: November 23, 2016, 02:21:17 AM »

This is what I am talking about when I claim that conservatism is basically a feeling, not an ideology.
A trump supporter criticizing ideological incoherence and stances determined by gut feeling. The total lack of self awareness is breathtaking.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #198 on: November 23, 2016, 06:13:59 AM »

This really doesn't belong here though.

Agreed.  The only thing that's bad about it is that Trump panders to more than the alt-right.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #199 on: November 23, 2016, 08:59:11 AM »

A trump supporter criticizing ideological incoherence and stances determined by gut feeling. The total lack of self awareness is breathtaking.

The post is good, the overwhelming hypocrisy doesn't at all invalidate that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies