The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:48:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 150197 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1875 on: July 30, 2017, 03:45:40 PM »

Sweden, Italy, Canada, Austria, Portugal, and Indonesia. New Zealand and Australia may change, as might Germany. I should also point out that calling Putin left wing or right wing is insane.

The ex-KGB agent is obviously center-left. He's allied with Assad, Kim, Xi, all the major left-wing powers, as well as the main anti-American powers like Iran, and the non-aligned powers like India. His main opponents are the right-wing Navalny at home and right-wing Ukrainian nationalists. The only exception is his support for the European and American far-right, but that's just an alliance of convenience to weaken the West. There's a reason why jfern loves him so much.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #1876 on: July 30, 2017, 04:35:59 PM »

Sweden, Italy, Canada, Austria, Portugal, and Indonesia. New Zealand and Australia may change, as might Germany. I should also point out that calling Putin left wing or right wing is insane.

The ex-KGB agent is obviously center-left. He's allied with Assad, Kim, Xi, all the major left-wing powers, as well as the main anti-American powers like Iran, and the non-aligned powers like India. His main opponents are the right-wing Navalny at home and right-wing Ukrainian nationalists. The only exception is his support for the European and American far-right, but that's just an alliance of convenience to weaken the West. There's a reason why jfern loves him so much.

It deserves to be carved in stone, next to Ed Miliband's 10 centre-left commandments

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1877 on: July 30, 2017, 04:44:16 PM »

When the 22nd century arrives, Trump will be revered for stopping the US and the West from getting run over by hordes of uncivilized "immigrants".
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1878 on: July 30, 2017, 05:39:59 PM »

When the 22nd century arrives, Trump will be revered for stopping the US and the West from getting run over by hordes of uncivilized "immigrants".

TBH he's the person who has made the case for renaming this thread best and fastest. I don't think even eharding made it this persuasive in a mere 48 hrs.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1879 on: July 30, 2017, 05:45:55 PM »

TBH he's the person who has made the case for renaming this thread best and fastest. I don't think even eharding made it this persuasive in a mere 48 hrs.

To be fair, that is likely because maga is trying to screw with people here. I think eharding was just a legitimately annoying user with some screwed up views.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1880 on: July 31, 2017, 09:07:47 AM »

Excellent; I hope Russia feels these sanctions deeply and painfully. Time to take square aim at Putin's regime and start a new Cold War. The first time, apparently, was not instructive enough to the Russians, that they shouldn't screw with America.

God willing, the Evil Empire will be dismantled and Putin's regime overthrown.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1881 on: July 31, 2017, 05:41:33 PM »

Physical attractiveness is largely subjective. Personally, I don't like Black, Asian, and Hispanic girls (the overwhelming woman demographic that supported her) aside from your stereotypical church/business/half-white types (disproportionately conservative to demographic). So, I generally dislike the type of women that'd support Clinton anyway.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1882 on: July 31, 2017, 05:49:38 PM »

Maybe it's an educational gap? I'm not sure what the numbers are but maybe Arizona, Georgia, and Texas have higher percentages of higher educational attainment? That's the only possibility I can think of off the top of my head. Smart people see Trump for the clown that he is whereas dumb people are more susceptible to falling victim to Trump's cultism and therefore always believing him no matter how unhinged he becomes.

What's absurd exactly? Non-college whites are not only much more likely to support/approve of Trump, they're also much more likely to believe he's intelligent than their educated counterparts:

It's pretty easy to hypothesize about why that's the case.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1883 on: July 31, 2017, 07:57:42 PM »

This thread would only make sense if there were actual girls here ...

This place is full of gays, transsexuals and hetero males.

Bite me.

Watch it or he'll chain you in his basement, then bite you.
He would be a sobbing lump in the corner after 5 minutes with me.

Are you even an actual woman ? If you are, I would satisfy you longer than 5 minutes. Probably 1-2 hours. I'm a very in-depth lover and you'd be surprised about my skills in bed ... !

Jesus Tender, you're giving sparky a run for his money.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1884 on: July 31, 2017, 08:36:34 PM »

Physical attractiveness is largely subjective. Personally, I don't like Black, Asian, and Hispanic girls (the overwhelming woman demographic that supported her) aside from your stereotypical church/business/half-white types (disproportionately conservative to demographic). So, I generally dislike the type of women that'd support Clinton anyway.

What was your point of changing my post?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1885 on: July 31, 2017, 11:34:26 PM »

What was your point of changing my post?

I like you, but that post seemed decidedly out of line.

Putin is broadly nonideological. The only sure thing is that he is a nationalist/militarist intent on extending his nation's influence and power. Personally, I would prefer the Russo-Indian duo to their counterparts in the increasing Sino-Pakistani friendship. I think that's where WWIII is most likely to break out. Iran's two closest allies are Pakistan and Russia. It has cold relations with India and China. I can't see them taking sides. For that reason, I can't really see the war expanding to include Iran, Syria, Turkey, Belarus, the Caucasus, the Balkans, or the two's increasing sphere in Africa and, to a lesser extent, South America.

Of course he's a nationalist; so is everyone (except maybe Trump). That doesn't mean he isn't ideological. Russia has good relations with China and increasingly good relations with Pakistan. For that reason I can't see them intervening in a Indo-Chinese conflict. When WW3 breaks out, the US will either be an instigator or a major player, I fear. I'm not at all confident the current skepticism of militarism in this country will last.
I'm sure this is news to Russia, India, China, and Pakistan.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1886 on: August 01, 2017, 12:30:08 AM »

Bite me.

Watch it or he'll chain you in his basement, then bite you.
He would be a sobbing lump in the corner after 5 minutes with me.

Are you even an actual woman ? If you are, I would satisfy you longer than 5 minutes. Probably 1-2 hours. I'm a very in-depth lover and you'd be surprised about my skills in bed ... !

Jesus Tender, you're giving sparky a run for his money.

Tender Is the creepiest mother f***** on this Forum Bar None. He is like a walking advertisement for protection orders.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1887 on: August 02, 2017, 08:54:17 PM »

Stanton would be an infinitely better candidate.  I'm not sure why folks want Sinema to run and potentially blow one of our few good opportunities to pickup a Senate seat this cycle.

Gay atheists today, gay atheists tomorrow, gay atheists forever!
- Sinema used to be a spokeswoman for a group that was literally founded to support Palestinian terrorist liberation groups during the first Intifada (btw, Sinema has a long history of advocating anti-Israel policies and generally being an apologist for groups like the PLO, idk if this remained the case after she got elected to Congress though)
The fact that this is considered a liability shows how much we've decided to abandon what's right in favor of a prophecy in a fiction book written thousands of years ago.

Call me old-fashioned, but I always considered deliberately blowing up civilians and using the cold-blooded murder of non-combatants as a political strategy to be terrorism.  Then again, I also have this crazy idea that maybe...juuuuuuust maybe, it's wrong to try to blow up school buses filled with innocent children, so what do I know?
Israel has more blood on its hands. It's unfortunate, but some of those things are necessary to send a message.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1888 on: August 02, 2017, 09:53:11 PM »

^ Thank you for putting that in here
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1889 on: August 02, 2017, 10:06:54 PM »

Man, remember when I received about ten times as much crap and everyone threw a hissy fit because in my sig I had a picture celebrating the guy who killed a personal friend of Putin's?

I mean that's SIGNIFICANTLY worse.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1890 on: August 02, 2017, 10:08:16 PM »

Man, remember when I received about ten times as much crap and everyone threw a hissy fit because in my sig I had a picture celebrating the guy who killed a personal friend of Putin's?

I mean that's SIGNIFICANTLY worse.

Ah yes, the one with the shooter making an ISIS salute. Lovely signature that was.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1891 on: August 02, 2017, 10:24:26 PM »

It's interesting how immigrants are apparently responsible for killing so many jobs across the country, when in the vast majority of states there aren't even that many of them as a share of population.  There are so many imaginary immigrants stealing all of the jobs of hard working Alabamans.

States like California, New York, New Jersey, and Florida have massively more immigrants than most other states, so you'd think if the anti-immigrant arguments were true, living in those states would be like living in a third world country. It isn't.

Have you ever been to New York City? It actually does look like a third world country. Most of the jobs outside the financial district are low paying service industry jobs, many of which don't even pay minimum wage because of small business exemptions.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #1892 on: August 02, 2017, 10:26:18 PM »

It's interesting how immigrants are apparently responsible for killing so many jobs across the country, when in the vast majority of states there aren't even that many of them as a share of population.  There are so many imaginary immigrants stealing all of the jobs of hard working Alabamans.

States like California, New York, New Jersey, and Florida have massively more immigrants than most other states, so you'd think if the anti-immigrant arguments were true, living in those states would be like living in a third world country. It isn't.

Have you ever been to New York City? It actually does look like a third world country. Most of the jobs outside the financial district are low paying service industry jobs, many of which don't even pay minimum wage because of small business exemptions.

That whole thread is a Klartext landfill.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1893 on: August 02, 2017, 10:33:27 PM »

It's exhausting.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1894 on: August 02, 2017, 10:53:27 PM »

I try to avoid the topic entirely nowadays. It seems to bring out the worst in some people, or in some cases, just their 'normal' thoughts that in some cases are best left deeply buried.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #1895 on: August 02, 2017, 10:59:17 PM »

I try to avoid the topic entirely nowadays. It seems to bring out the worst in some people, or in some cases, just their 'normal' thoughts that in some cases are best left deeply buried.

I completely understand, and I also hope that you and Kamala practice some self-care. Smiley

But then you have to realize that there are millions who don't have the luxury of avoidance, because they will be directly affected by whatever new policy gets put out. (And note that this isn't just restricted to immigration as a topic.) Such is life on this cold, wet planet.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1896 on: August 02, 2017, 11:07:56 PM »

I completely understand, and I also hope that you and Kamala practice some self-care. Smiley

But then you have to realize that there are millions who don't have the luxury of avoidance, because they will be directly affected by whatever new policy gets put out. (And note that this isn't just restricted to immigration as a topic.) Such is life on this cold, wet planet.

Immigration is also unique in how it's not just a classicist argument, it's an attack on people's identity and existence.

It's the unhappy lottery of birth.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1897 on: August 02, 2017, 11:11:05 PM »

Oh I know - I'm just saying that, for me at least, there are only so many issues I can invest my energies (both mental and physical) in, and immigration just isn't one of them. That isn't to say I don't care / sympathize with the people most affected by this issue, 'cause I do for sure. Politics and the big ticket issues that come with it can be very stressful and tiring, and I don't think it's healthy to get so wrapped up in everything, so I pick my battles.

I've always been most interested in things like voting rights, campaign finance reform, criminal justice reform and so on. Those are where I invest the most attention and work, and god knows with the GOP sweeping the country since 2010 that I have lost enough hair over that as it is Tongue
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1898 on: August 03, 2017, 12:24:40 AM »

It's interesting how immigrants are apparently responsible for killing so many jobs across the country, when in the vast majority of states there aren't even that many of them as a share of population.  There are so many imaginary immigrants stealing all of the jobs of hard working Alabamans.

The whole thread summarized in less than two minutes.

Sadly, that's true (also, love that movie btw). I decided to close the thread. I should've done it earlier, honestly. But these bigots are not going to continue using a thread I created as a medium to spread their hate speech.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1899 on: August 03, 2017, 04:30:36 AM »

If arguing against immigration is by definition hate speech then indeed there's not much point in discussion of immigration.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies