The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:44:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 151799 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: December 16, 2016, 07:05:37 PM »

The Democrats' near absolute worst case scenario is a 54-46 R Senate(Heitkamp and one of McCaskill or Donnelly loses). Their likely absolute worst is a pickup in NV being offset by a loss in ND.

2022 has at least ten potential D pickups.

No, not really...
Totally agree. And how the hell does New Freaking Hampshire flip before Michigan, Minnesota, Virginia, and even Oregon?

All in the stack except Kingpoleon.

lmao. Delusional.

BTW you're right. Michigan, Minnesota, Virginia, and Oregon flipping before New Hampshire is delusional.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #401 on: December 16, 2016, 07:11:57 PM »

If you truly believe that 54R/46D is the absolute worst case scenario for Democrats in 2018 and that there are at least 10 pick-up opportunities for Democrats in 2022, you're a delusional hack. overly optimistic about the future integrity of america's electoral systems
ftfy
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #402 on: December 16, 2016, 09:53:24 PM »

If you truly believe that 54R/46D is the absolute worst case scenario for Democrats in 2018 and that there are at least 10 pick-up opportunities for Democrats in 2022, you're a delusional hack.
Pot meet Kettle
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #403 on: December 16, 2016, 10:52:20 PM »

Anyone that thinks a 54-46 R Senate is the worst case scenario for Dems has been asleep since just before the presidential election. Optimism is saying worse results than that are unlikely, but delusion is saying that worse results than that are not possible.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #404 on: December 16, 2016, 11:29:31 PM »

Same goes for you.

Seriously, if saying that makes me a delusional hack, then fine, I am a delusional hack.
Did I say you were a hack because of that, no.  You, in general, are a damn hack who seems to think he isn't one.  Hence the comment.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #405 on: December 17, 2016, 01:55:32 AM »

Same goes for you.

Seriously, if saying that makes me a delusional hack, then fine, I am a delusional hack.

Did I say you were a hack because of that, no.  You, in general, are a damn hack who seems to think he isn't one.  Hence the comment.

Please. For the love of god. Just stop.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #406 on: December 17, 2016, 05:26:14 AM »

Thanks for keeping posting directly in this thread, Jerry.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #407 on: December 17, 2016, 05:51:23 AM »

Was Jerry always this aggro?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #408 on: December 17, 2016, 11:02:41 AM »

This is what I find funny about this forum.  Everyone keeps thinking I'm aggressive, yet all I do is make posts and just say what I see occurring with different people on the forum.  I'm very perplexed why people keep up with this.  I've seen no change in my demeanor, nor has anyone I personally come into contact with. 
Alas, some things will elude me, since no one wants to try and explain what changed with me and just keep trying to pile on.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #409 on: December 17, 2016, 11:15:55 AM »

This is what I find funny about this forum.  Everyone keeps thinking I'm aggressive, yet all I do is make posts and just say what I see occurring with different people on the forum.  I'm very perplexed why people keep up with this.  I've seen no change in my demeanor, nor has anyone I personally come into contact with. 
Alas, some things will elude me, since no one wants to try and explain what changed with me and just keep trying to pile on.

Maybe stop calling people you're arguing with "Honey." It comes off as condescending.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #410 on: December 17, 2016, 11:17:02 AM »

Maybe stop calling people you're arguing with "Honey." It comes off as condescending.
Nah, just absurd, ignorant, bigoted and just plain awful.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #411 on: December 17, 2016, 11:17:14 AM »

Uh, and it's just really creepy.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #412 on: December 17, 2016, 11:17:41 AM »

That's how I talk.  Nothing is meant with it, it is just something I say.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #413 on: December 17, 2016, 12:10:34 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2016, 12:28:56 PM by Malcolm X »

This is what I find funny about this forum.  Everyone keeps thinking I'm aggressive, yet all I do is make posts and just say what I see occurring with different people on the forum.  I'm very perplexed why people keep up with this.  I've seen no change in my demeanor, nor has anyone I personally come into contact with.  

No offense, but have you ever heard the saying "If you meet one a**hole, you met an a**hole.  If you meet twenty a**holes, you're the a**hole?"  What I mean by that is if everyone keeps telling you you're being too aggressive, condescending, etc in a way that makes people actively not want to side with you even when they technically agree with your "side" of the argument, chances are your posts really have gotten more aggressive, condescending, and generally nasty in a way that makes them kind of grating to even read.  I'd suggest maybe just trying to tone down the intensity a few notches when replying to a post that upsets you.  

And with folks like Sanchez, think of it this way, why let him drag you down to his level?  What do you gain from engaging in a public pissing match with him?  It's not you're going to change his mind and most folks here already realize he's made a schtick out of acting like a whiny and rather immature bigot ever since the election.  You don't need to scream at him (or folks like him) through the keyboard to make other people realize that.  I think most folks, even a number of those who don't mind him and/or think his positives as a poster outweigh the negatives, are already well aware of this.  The only thing that happens if you let him get under your skin is you waste time yelling at a brick wall and get a reputation for being easily triggered.  

Another possibility might be to put him and maybe a few other posters who really drive you up the wall on ignore and simply never click show (or better yet, only click show when he or the other posters are posting in threads about things they generally offer interesting insights about, ex: FL politics).  I'm not saying this is something I would necessarily do, but in your case, it might not be the worst idea to give it a try.  I get that some folks don't put people on ignore as a matter of principle and don't know how you feel about that, but it's definitely another option.  

That's how I talk.  Nothing is meant with it, it is just something I say.

Fair enough, but now that you know it comes off as incredibly condescending to many people, it'd probably make sense to try not to call people on the forum you're arguing with "honey."  It's one thing when you don't realize how it comes across, but now you do.  It's obviously your call about whether or not you wanna keep calling people that when posting, but if you do, don't be surprised if people react accordingly.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #414 on: December 17, 2016, 12:25:00 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2016, 12:29:24 PM by JerryArkansas »

No offense, but have you ever heard the saying "If you meet one a**hole, you met an a**hole.  If you meet twenty a**holes, you're the a**hole?"  What I mean by that is if everyone keeps telling you you're being too aggressive, condescending, etc in a way that makes people actively not want to side with you even when they technically agree with your "side" of the argument, chances are your posts really have gotten more aggressive, condescending, and generally nasty in a way that makes them kind of grating to even read.  I'd suggest maybe just trying to tone down the intensity a few notches when replying to a post that upsets you. 

And with folks like Sanchez, think of it this way, why let him drag you down to his level?  What do you gain from engaging in a public pissing match with him?  It's not you're going to change his mind and most folks here already realize he's made a schtick out of acting like a whiny and rather immature bigot ever since the election (probably a mix of genuine beliefs and trolling).  You don't need to scream at him (or folks like him) through the keyboard to make other people realize that.  I think most folks, even a number of those who don't mind him and/or think his positives as a poster outweigh the negatives, are already well aware of this.  The only thing that happens if you let him get under your skin is you waste time yelling at a brick wall and get a reputation for being easily triggered. 

Another possibility might be to put him and maybe a few other posters who really drive you up the wall on ignore and simply never click show (or better yet, only click show when he or the other posters are posting in threads about things they generally offer interesting insights about, ex: FL politics).  I'm not saying this is something I would necessarily do, but in your case, it might not be the worst idea to give it a try.  I get that some folks don't put people on ignore as a matter of principle and don't know how you feel about that, but it's definitely another option. 
On the first point, I don't see how the posts seem aggressive.  Like I keep saying, I'm just responding, nothing more.  If people think the way I post is aggressive, I can't fix that.  I've gotten to the point where I have to be straight forward about how I respond to things.  If I don't, I get walked on by people IRL.  It comes from me not wanting to be just there, taking up space and being a punching bag, which I have been for a while.

The other points, if you look at my posting history, I haven't responded to those people for a while. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #415 on: December 17, 2016, 12:32:17 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2016, 12:39:40 PM by Malcolm X »

This is what I find funny about this forum.  Everyone keeps thinking I'm aggressive, yet all I do is make posts and just say what I see occurring with different people on the forum.  I'm very perplexed why people keep up with this.  I've seen no change in my demeanor, nor has anyone I personally come into contact with.  

No offense, but have you ever heard the saying "If you meet one a**hole, you met an a**hole.  If you meet twenty a**holes, you're the a**hole?"  What I mean by that is if everyone keeps telling you you're being too aggressive, condescending, etc in a way that makes people actively not want to side with you even when they technically agree with your "side" of the argument, chances are your posts really have gotten more aggressive, condescending, and generally nasty in a way that makes them kind of grating to even read.  I'd suggest maybe just trying to tone down the intensity a few notches when replying to a post that upsets you.  

And with folks like Sanchez, think of it this way, why let him drag you down to his level?  What do you gain from engaging in a public pissing match with him?  It's not you're going to change his mind and most folks here already realize he's made a schtick out of acting like a whiny and rather immature bigot ever since the election (probably a mix of genuine beliefs and trolling).  You don't need to scream at him (or folks like him) through the keyboard to make other people realize that.  I think most folks, even a number of those who don't mind him and/or think his positives as a poster outweigh the negatives, are already well aware of this.  The only thing that happens if you let him get under your skin is you waste time yelling at a brick wall and get a reputation for being easily triggered.  

Another possibility might be to put him and maybe a few other posters who really drive you up the wall on ignore and simply never click show (or better yet, only click show when he or the other posters are posting in threads about things they generally offer interesting insights about, ex: FL politics).  I'm not saying this is something I would necessarily do, but in your case, it might not be the worst idea to give it a try.  I get that some folks don't put people on ignore as a matter of principle and don't know how you feel about that, but it's definitely another option.  
On the first point, I don't see how the posts seem aggressive.  Like I keep saying, I'm just responding, nothing more.  If people think the way I post is aggressive, I can't fix that.

The other points, if you look at my posting history, I haven't responded to those people for a while.  

I was just using that as an example, but if you haven't been responding to them then great.  I'll let you know the next time I see a specific example of the aggressiveness, but until then all I can say is that it's something to try to keep in mind when arguing with people on the forum.  That said, a piece of this is also that you kind of got that reputation and while it'll go away soon enough, some of this is also just letting people get bored and move on to the next thing.

Re: Not being a punching bag: I won't pretend to know what RL has or hasn't been like for you.  Here's what I will say: the great thing about this forum is that it's pretty easy to ignore folks.  IRL, you can't just mute someone, but you can do that here.  Why waste your time on some a**hole on the internet who you'll never have to interact with unless you choose to?  It's not like someone's sifting through atlas posts keeping score in every argument (or if there is, then I pity that poor, wretched soul Tongue ).
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #416 on: December 17, 2016, 12:54:23 PM »

No offense, but have you ever heard the saying "If you meet one a**hole, you met an a**hole.  If you meet twenty a**holes, you're the a**hole?"  What I mean by that is if everyone keeps telling you you're being too aggressive, condescending, etc in a way that makes people actively not want to side with you even when they technically agree with your "side" of the argument, chances are your posts really have gotten more aggressive, condescending, and generally nasty in a way that makes them kind of grating to even read.  I'd suggest maybe just trying to tone down the intensity a few notches when replying to a post that upsets you. 

And with folks like Sanchez, think of it this way, why let him drag you down to his level?  What do you gain from engaging in a public pissing match with him?  It's not you're going to change his mind and most folks here already realize he's made a schtick out of acting like a whiny and rather immature bigot ever since the election (probably a mix of genuine beliefs and trolling).  You don't need to scream at him (or folks like him) through the keyboard to make other people realize that.  I think most folks, even a number of those who don't mind him and/or think his positives as a poster outweigh the negatives, are already well aware of this.  The only thing that happens if you let him get under your skin is you waste time yelling at a brick wall and get a reputation for being easily triggered. 

Another possibility might be to put him and maybe a few other posters who really drive you up the wall on ignore and simply never click show (or better yet, only click show when he or the other posters are posting in threads about things they generally offer interesting insights about, ex: FL politics).  I'm not saying this is something I would necessarily do, but in your case, it might not be the worst idea to give it a try.  I get that some folks don't put people on ignore as a matter of principle and don't know how you feel about that, but it's definitely another option. 
On the first point, I don't see how the posts seem aggressive.  Like I keep saying, I'm just responding, nothing more.  If people think the way I post is aggressive, I can't fix that.

I was just using that as an example, but if you haven't been responding to them then great.  I'll let you know the next time I see a specific example of the aggressiveness, but until then all I can say is that it's something to try to keep in mind when arguing with people on the forum.  That said, a piece of this is also that you kind of got that reputation and while it'll go away soon enough, some of this is also just letting people get bored and move on to the next thing.

Re: Not being a punching bag: I won't pretend to know what RL has or hasn't been like for you.  Here's what I will say: the great thing about this forum is that it's pretty easy to ignore folks.  IRL, you can't just mute someone, but you can do that here.  Why waste your time on some a**hole on the internet who you'll never have to interact with unless you choose to?  It's not like someone's sifting through atlas posts keeping score in every argument (or if there is, then I pity that poor, wretched soul Tongue ).
It's hard to ignore a person when A. most people quote the bile that they spew on the forum or B. when they mod a board and you can't ignore them.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #417 on: December 17, 2016, 01:49:19 PM »

This is an outrage. We need to put that illegitimate piece of sh*t state back in its place.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #418 on: December 17, 2016, 07:22:44 PM »

So a little late to the party here folks, since I haven't checked out the "Bronze Landfill" since sometime between 2012 and 2014, between work/family stuff and recently with all of the election activity....

I was just reading through starting at the beginning of Part VI and giving myself a pat on the back for not "making the cut", even for some of the more absurd, ignorant, and awful posts I have made, and then lovely Senator Scott creates a link to all of my posts!!!!

Actually, I was a bit flattered the first 20-30 seconds, followed by laughter and extreme amusement.

So hey---- maybe for the rest of y'all the joke was running a bit old, but I for one found it amusing since I just walked into the virtual room for the first time in quite a few years.

Thanks Senator Scott Wink Was hoping someone would post some ridiculous statement I made at some point over the past year, where I would need to perform mental and verbal gymnastics to find my way out of the proverbial written corner that I had painted myself into, but alas (Or is it Atlas?) twas not to be, and now every single post ever wide will be rigorously scrutinized and debated, rather than just the occasional misspeak or blowing off some steam.... Smiley
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #419 on: December 17, 2016, 07:25:04 PM »

The mentally disabled should not be killed. They are humans. At the same time, they are absolutely a burden to society and anyone who says they are a blessing is clearly just trying to make themselves feel better about the horrible situation they are in. To minimize their burden to society, the government should run care homes where these people can be taken care of. If people want to take care of their own mentally retarded relatives by themselves, they should of course be allowed but if there are quality care homes, very few will choose that option. Also, as soon as a mental disability is diagnosed, a fetus should be aborted. This should not be mandated by law, just encouraged by society. People whose families have a history of mental retardation should also be discouraged from having children, again, not by the law, just by society. Eugenics is fine as long as it's not racial.

*sigh*

Of all the changes in our culture, that is the one that upsets me the most.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #420 on: December 17, 2016, 07:31:26 PM »

It's a link to everyone's profile, and wasn't directed at you specifically.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #421 on: December 17, 2016, 07:38:41 PM »

Ha ha.... even slightly funnier now. So basically everyone looking at the thread sees themselves "tagged", when really it's only when you click on the link that you see your own profile ?
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #422 on: December 17, 2016, 08:00:47 PM »

The mentally disabled should not be killed. They are humans. At the same time, they are absolutely a burden to society and anyone who says they are a blessing is clearly just trying to make themselves feel better about the horrible situation they are in. To minimize their burden to society, the government should run care homes where these people can be taken care of. If people want to take care of their own mentally retarded relatives by themselves, they should of course be allowed but if there are quality care homes, very few will choose that option. Also, as soon as a mental disability is diagnosed, a fetus should be aborted. This should not be mandated by law, just encouraged by society. People whose families have a history of mental retardation should also be discouraged from having children, again, not by the law, just by society. Eugenics is fine as long as it's not racial.

*sigh*

I think we know who to name the next thread after.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #423 on: December 17, 2016, 08:23:52 PM »

*sigh*

That was the most heinous post I've ever read on Atlas, period.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #424 on: December 17, 2016, 09:04:36 PM »

What the hell man...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies