The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:35:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 149857 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: January 24, 2017, 06:45:07 PM »

I know the posters here who are advocating for the murder of Trump supporters or Republicans in general are mostly just #edgy spoiled kids, but make no mistake: There's enough trash out there that wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. These people are fine with torture and murder, as long as it's the "right guys" who get treated like this.
How is this an absurd post? It is objectively true.

I found the assertion that there's a sizable number of people who oppose Trump that would be willing to kill his supporters, and that they are fine with torture and murder, to be rather tasteless.

-It might be tasteless. It's also true.

Don't produce bad posts inside the gallery.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #651 on: January 26, 2017, 12:57:18 AM »

Very, very bad. Now this would be a valid reason for a Women's March.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #652 on: January 26, 2017, 02:52:00 AM »

eharding is honestly a trash poster. his entire posting history should be linked here tbh
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #653 on: January 26, 2017, 02:05:32 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=256951.0

Leave it to Atlas to derail a thread about women marching.  Embarrassing.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #654 on: January 26, 2017, 04:34:16 PM »

Anyone is better than McMullin, I guess. Still, Hatch isn't bad and the fact that Wulfric and other Democrats are supporting Huntsman worries me.

My support of Huntsman shouldn't shock you. Centrists like him and Tester are exactly my preferred type of politician. And I don't care that Huntsman endorsed Trump - It was simply his duty as a republican, not a reflection of his character or views.

I realize this is kind of low-hanging fruit, but...
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #655 on: January 27, 2017, 03:43:39 PM »

Write-in: Ronald Reagan was not a race-baiting, anti-intellectual who ran a corrupt administration

aren't you a Trump supporter tho
I also admire Nixon, Wallace and LBJ, all of whom were all of the above. I'm just saying that both sides have whitewashed Reagan's legacy and turned him into an abstraction that borders upon deification.

And no, I never claimed to be a "true Republican"... why would want to be that? I happen to be aligned with the GOP on almost all of the issues, but I abhor the party itself and most of its politicians.

Dude the reason Reagan is so liked is that he was the most successful president at least in the past 55 years, not because Republicans think he is a demi-god  .
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #656 on: January 28, 2017, 10:55:17 AM »

Its time for our treason charges in this country.

Sadly, the only treason charges we are likely to see from the GOP-controlled Amerika are for daring to publicly disagree with Dear Leader Pussygrabber.

I know some of the more immature liberal wannabe EdgeLords or whatever see Trump's election as a their golden ticket, but come on.  If you're gonna make a dumb post that doesn't contribute anything, at least try to be a little more creative than "Dear Leader Pussygrabber."  I mean people called Trump "President Pussygrabber," what?  Ten billion times...in the first day or two after it came out.  And it wasn't clever or even particularly funny then either.  I'm not saying there aren't plenty of good ways to insult and mock Trump about the fact that he is a sex predator, but calling him "President/Dear Leader/whatever Pussygrabber" isn't one of them.  It's stale and uncreative at best; your post doesn't even work on it's own awful wannabe EdgeLord terms.  Sad.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #657 on: January 28, 2017, 12:06:28 PM »

Write-in: Ronald Reagan was not a race-baiting, anti-intellectual who ran a corrupt administration

aren't you a Trump supporter tho
I also admire Nixon, Wallace and LBJ, all of whom were all of the above. I'm just saying that both sides have whitewashed Reagan's legacy and turned him into an abstraction that borders upon deification.

And no, I never claimed to be a "true Republican"... why would want to be that? I happen to be aligned with the GOP on almost all of the issues, but I abhor the party itself and most of its politicians.

Dude the reason Reagan is so liked is that he was the most successful president at least in the past 55 years, not because Republicans think he is a demi-god  .

Santender, we get you're a Democrat at heart, but how is this absurd, ignorant or deplorable?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #658 on: January 28, 2017, 12:17:28 PM »

Classic Wulfric:

I'm actually not completely opposed to this. Not signing it but will be interesting to see how far it goes.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #659 on: January 28, 2017, 07:11:05 PM »

This is what the abortion debate seems like:

-A man is murdering people, and has been doing so for decades.
-Nine people are in a room, and are about to take a vote on whether or not to call the police about this man.
-Four people want to immediately call the police.
-Three people don't actually think that the man is guilty, so they see no point in calling the cops.
-One person says that, "While I personally believe he shouldn't be killing people, I shouldn't force my morality on others."
-Another person says "We all agree that killing people isn't ideal, but his victims are mostly poor people.  And I don't see any of you volunteering to pay for his future victims medical bills.  That means that you don't really care about the lives of his victims."

So they voted 5-4 to not call the police.  The 5 were convinced that they had a moral high ground and attacked the 4, claiming that calling the cops on the murderer would mean the establishment of a theocracy.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #660 on: January 28, 2017, 07:17:18 PM »

-Nine people are in a room, and are about to take a vote on whether or not to call the police about this man.
-Three people don't actually think that the man is guilty, so they see no point in calling the cops.
-One person says that, "While I personally believe he shouldn't be killing people, I shouldn't force my morality on others."
-Another person says "We all agree that killing people isn't ideal, but his victims are mostly poor people.  And I don't see any of you volunteering to pay for his future victims medical bills.  That means that you don't really care about the lives of his victims."

So they voted 5-4 to not call the police.  The 5 were convinced that they had a moral high ground and attacked the 4, claiming that calling the cops on the murderer would mean the establishment of a theocracy.

That post belongs in the good post gallery.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #661 on: January 28, 2017, 07:40:20 PM »

No, it really doesn't.  It's a dumb straw-man masquerading as a clever post.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #662 on: January 28, 2017, 09:46:30 PM »

As much as I disagree with Sanchez's ideology, style, worldview, etc., this was uncalled for.

Can you guys read, or are you just so blinded by your little "win" (the only one you've gotten at all for a good while) that you don't realize that it literally only applies to those already in transit when the order was issued. In two days, the situation will be virtually unchanged.

You really should be deported, Trump would approve, impoverished Hispanic family that's a drain on white America.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #663 on: January 28, 2017, 09:47:57 PM »

As much as I disagree with Sanchez's ideology, style, worldview, etc., this was uncalled for.

Can you guys read, or are you just so blinded by your little "win" (the only one you've gotten at all for a good while) that you don't realize that it literally only applies to those already in transit when the order was issued. In two days, the situation will be virtually unchanged.

You really should be deported, Trump would approve, impoverished Hispanic family that's a drain on white America.
I'm not even Hispanic and that is pretty much widely known, so it didn't even work. Should be in the ore mine.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #664 on: January 28, 2017, 09:52:32 PM »

I'm not even Hispanic and that is pretty much widely known, so it didn't even work. Should be in the ore mine.

Eh, fair enough, though I think his assumptions about your race just make the "absurd" and "ignorant" parts fit even more. Tongue
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #665 on: January 29, 2017, 04:06:51 AM »

No, it really doesn't.  It's a dumb straw-man masquerading as a clever post.

The whole metaphor only works if you accept that abortion = murder, which is the what the whole controversy is about.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #666 on: January 29, 2017, 08:29:17 AM »

Yes! Newsom, Faulconer, Thiel, and Steve Westly are all great.

Explain what you think about Peter Thiel

He supported Meg Whitman, Justin Amash, Chuck Hagel, Jeff Flake, Richard Tisei, Rand Paul, Susan Collins, Gordon Smith, and Dino Rossi, and seems to be a libertarian-leaning moderate.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #667 on: January 29, 2017, 03:19:44 PM »

Oh please. Atheists have the world's biggest chip on their shoulder. They face basically zero challenges in this secular country outside the deepest south and when they try to pry their way into religious organizations. Atheists tend to be "better educated" and wealthier on average yet try to pretend they're disadvantaged and oppressed. Give me a break.

-That description applies much better to Jews than atheists, though it does not apply well at all to either of them.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #668 on: January 29, 2017, 03:54:01 PM »

Oh please. Atheists have the world's biggest chip on their shoulder. They face basically zero challenges in this secular country outside the deepest south and when they try to pry their way into religious organizations. Atheists tend to be "better educated" and wealthier on average yet try to pretend they're disadvantaged and oppressed. Give me a break.

-That description applies much better to Jews than atheists, though it does not apply well at all to either of them.

-That's not absurd or ignorant.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #669 on: January 29, 2017, 04:22:24 PM »

Seconded
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #670 on: January 29, 2017, 06:10:41 PM »

You're an idiot. We are standing up against it because these people deserve to not have their culture trampled upon.

Their culture will be destroyed the CORRECT way if they're allowed in, by assimilation. Not the way Trump and other bigots want to destroy it.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #671 on: January 29, 2017, 10:37:04 PM »

omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #672 on: January 29, 2017, 10:38:43 PM »

Do we have to consider BRTD's weirdness culture?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #673 on: January 30, 2017, 12:09:14 AM »

Well the only place I saw promoting that was Breitbart and some "leftist" cranks like Michael Tracey who remind me of you so much.

-Sometimes, I feel like Michael Tracey is the only journalist in America who has not lost his mind. He's a major FF.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #674 on: January 30, 2017, 08:38:43 AM »
« Edited: January 30, 2017, 09:38:18 AM by LongLiveRock »

Seconded

Oh, come on. It's incredibly absurd. Jews have been oppressed around the world for millennia. In half the goddamn world, it's still the case, including much of America. I'm sure Sunrise could make a better post here than me here, so I won't say too much, but ugh...

It's an anti-Semitic comment, plain and simple. There's plenty of reasons it's ignorant, absurd, and incorrect.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies